Should I buy gtr35 2008 or 2009 pls help

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
(off topic)
Bro Huakenny, may I know any gearbox upgrade have u did to your car?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
(off topic)
Bro Huakenny, may I know any gearbox upgrade have u did to your car?
nowadays alot you can do, reflash via ecutek, cobb or consult-III to latest gtr r35 tcm software.....

but of course, dun simply launched the car even after reflashed...i hv seen alot 'pecah gearbox' because tuner said after reflash never will break again the transmission...so dun simply trust the tuner. unless you upgrade the internal hardwares

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Ya, I heard a lot of gtr owner they have gearbox problem because of launching. And I ask my mechanic from Formula MB, they told me, even u have the latest TCM software, the circlip and 4wd lock clip still will tend to be "bounce" out, and make those gear run out of position and lastly whole gearbox and sensor is destroyed... So have u upgrade to Dodson circlip?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Ya, I heard a lot of gtr owner they have gearbox problem because of launching. And I ask my mechanic from Formula MB, they told me, even u have the latest TCM software, the circlip and 4wd lock clip still will tend to be "bounce" out, and make those gear run out of position and lastly whole gearbox and sensor is destroyed... So have u upgrade to Dodson circlip?
i didnt play with the launch control at all so far....even test, also full blast on 1st gear onward only. high boost at bout 1.5bar....so far no problem

killer81

500 RPM
Jan 4, 2005
perak
Visit site
Bro, sori my ignorance, how can dealer sell a 2008 model but stated as 2009? Didn't that has the yr state in the jp reg card or label on the safety belt ant yr manufacturing?
new facelit GTR brake rotors bigger 5mm

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

if nt mistaken there is a different hp which is 09 model 530hp right ? than 08 model 480 ? n which part is d different? light?bumper etc..... thanks im going to buy one also bt still 0 knowledge,.,.hope can help ,.,.
this things is very weird
my fren's car year 08, chasis 57xx
my car year 09, chasis 53xx
both japan spec
i saw my safety belt oso year 2008
how can car dealer sold me as year 2009?
(but my millage lower than my fren half, but millage can't proof anythings)
but as i know, i checked my car ap paper, really registered at japan december 2009
so car delaer import the car follow ap form, so mean my geran will show 2009 too
but actually is imposible dec 2009 at japan only chasis 53xx, coz i had know 2009 chasis 10xxx oso got
since so many weird question appear in my mind, i use this reason to nego the price, since my geran show is 09/12, so future resales value will higher abit (think in my own opinion), at last i jz grab it after nego till the price i wish

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

nowadays alot you can do, reflash via ecutek, cobb or consult-III to latest gtr r35 tcm software.....

but of course, dun simply launched the car even after reflashed...i hv seen alot 'pecah gearbox' because tuner said after reflash never will break again the transmission...so dun simply trust the tuner. unless you upgrade the internal hardwares
that day formula told me cobb tuning got newer version 2012 for nfl gtr, but need extra around rm1350
izzit true? or izzit worth to get newer version?

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

mind to share what is dodson circlip? i oso plan to take my car and service at formula MB

bretbaby

Known Member
Jul 8, 2005
Malaysia
I already paid for booking year 2010 gtr uk speck in taman tun abadi motor. ..waiting for loan bank now. ..should gt the result on monday or tuesday. ..chasis no 20xxx. ...one thing i curious is when i push d start button there a weird sound from the undercaurrige of the car. .....

killer81

500 RPM
Jan 4, 2005
perak
Visit site
I already paid for booking year 2010 gtr uk speck in taman tun abadi motor. ..waiting for loan bank now. ..should gt the result on monday or tuesday. ..chasis no 20xxx. ...one thing i curious is when i push d start button there a weird sound from the undercaurrige of the car. .....
that one is from our gearbox, all the gtr35 also got that sound

reza808

Sep 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeapp...as long when u engage in gear and the sound is less or if not none..it should be good to go....2010 Gtr comes with the higher HP and running day lights on it front bumper? (sides instead of the centre)

killer81

500 RPM
Jan 4, 2005
perak
Visit site
yeapp...as long when u engage in gear and the sound is less or if not none..it should be good to go....2010 Gtr comes with the higher HP and running day lights on it front bumper? (sides instead of the centre)
not 2011 meh?

Last edited:

bretbaby

Known Member
Jul 8, 2005
Malaysia
im nt sure bt the sound,.bt since u all said ok then ok lo ...i dint know much since nvr use it yet .....d led only gt at 2011 model n above ,.,.i check it already cause 1st tought want to buy 2011 model bt 500k plus wor ;p next year sure drop till 400k only ;(

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
new facelit GTR brake rotors bigger 5mm

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

this things is very weird
my fren's car year 08, chasis 57xx
my car year 09, chasis 53xx
both japan spec
i saw my safety belt oso year 2008
how can car dealer sold me as year 2009?
(but my millage lower than my fren half, but millage can't proof anythings)
but as i know, i checked my car ap paper, really registered at japan december 2009
so car delaer import the car follow ap form, so mean my geran will show 2009 too
but actually is imposible dec 2009 at japan only chasis 53xx, coz i had know 2009 chasis 10xxx oso got
since so many weird question appear in my mind, i use this reason to nego the price, since my geran show is 09/12, so future resales value will higher abit (think in my own opinion), at last i jz grab it after nego till the price i wish

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

that day formula told me cobb tuning got newer version 2012 for nfl gtr, but need extra around rm1350
izzit true? or izzit worth to get newer version?

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

mind to share what is dodson circlip? i oso plan to take my car and service at formula MB
Bro, circlip is a clip/device that hold the gear in correct position. However, the oem circlip always have common problem of being "bounce" out due to LC or high rev driving style.... As a result, all the gear is run out of it's position and causing "sapu gear"~

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
can not change meh tht circlip? or search for the performance one????
Suggest to change for Dodson Circlip~ Anyway, it depends on your driving style, if you are a heavy foot driver, u should change the circlip :-)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody mind tellin me how to remove my lighter socket?i somehow need to replace the current one wit a new socket but cant find anyway to remove it..
btw im drivin a bmw e34 but i tink d socket is universal..thanx in advance

regards,z-
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience