Short Flash: Toyota To Reinvent The Wheel of RWD Glory

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor

According to GTChannel.com, Toyota is seriously thinking of building a cheap RWD car, barely below USD16k, following their glory of the famous AE86 in the 80s and the lately drift fashion.

Nevertheless, we shall wait and see how Toyota able to produce a FR with such low cost and aiming at younger generation to own a sport coupe.

Source: GT Channel.com

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Modern successor to the AE86? Why the hell they didn't think of that earlier?

ky69

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
If this car come to Malaysia will cost more because of those tax and AP.Around Rm100k above.Wish lower than 90k then i can afford

ayumiboa

Known Member
Jun 25, 2006
www.takumiphotos.blogspot.com
Yeah!! Reborn!!:_:

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
If this car come to Malaysia will cost more because of those tax and AP.Around Rm100k above.Wish lower than 90k then i can afford
Haiya....Whatever cheap car in Japan will bcom expensive once it import to Malaysia...why Bcoz those kinda sux tax la this la that la...shit la!!! Cibai...i once saw in a mag that said MX-5 will b a cheap n economic car in Japan but once it sell in Naza it cost 2xxK..WTF lah...Lanjiao....:baring_teeth:

lapsap25

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
IT has always been like this. Memang jibai wwan la those tax. How good if we can have cheaper import tax. SUX!

ayumiboa

Known Member
Jun 25, 2006
No choice la. If they make all the imported cars cheap..... who will buy Proton?? Haha!! Anybody in his right mind would not buy one!!! Haha! Proton cannot export oso. Haha!! Nobody wan.... haiz:_:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hahahahah...first talk abt toyota....sudenly pulak Proton kena bashed.........hahahahahahahaaa.........

So teruk la........Proton, how la??!:confused_smile: :confused_smile:

ayumiboa

Known Member
Jun 25, 2006
haha!! yup!! They will!! Out of plastic!! haha!!:_:

ky69

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
This new version AE86.Front look like WISH.Back look like Celica
This car cost 2 million yen.Our importer will have the price is Rm200k.Cut 1 zero then 2 million become 200k
Salesman 1st things he will tell u is This is a reborn legend car worth every penny.U will be Jay Chou Initial D drifting all the way to Genting

Last edited:

ayumiboa

Known Member
Jun 25, 2006
Wah!! Great math man!! i think with all those mixed inside. The new Toyota should be treated like a lady. A Luxury car..... =)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

tinking of an doin n engine swap in jaybee pondering between visworks n speedworks any bros here any reccomendations cos price wise i feel jaybee more competitive but i dunno wat to do when inspection time comes cos they cannot help mi "pass" unlike some sg workshops where alot of ppl says can be done under table lol! some civics recc mi HV but heard pricing wise not much diff from visworks n they dun really do my type of car so pls advise...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience