Shell Helix now offers engine warranty for free

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Just attended Shell Helix's launch this afternoon and I'm back with some interesting news guys,

First of its kind, Shell Helix just up the lubricant game today by unveiling their latest and boldest campaign, the Shell Helix Engine Warranty (SHEW). A free, extended engine warranty programme.

That means, all cars with less than 100,000KM or are 8 years old and younger are eligible to participate, once they are in the program and continue to use Shell Helix Ultra or Helix HX7, they are covered for up to 12 years or 200,000km, whichever comes first. This claim will cover the cost of repair or replacements ranging from 15 engine components that may fail if it is verified that The Shell Helix engine lubricant failed to provide needed protection causing engine failure.

Eligible car owners that are registered for SHEW can claim up to a:

• Maximum of RM15,000 per claim in the case of Shell Helix Ultra user
  • Maximum of RM8,000 per claim in the case of Shell Helix HX7
This covers cost for parts such as:

1. Piston and Piston rings
  2. Crankshaft and bearings
  3. Connecting rods
  4. Connecting rod bearings
  5. Gudgeon pin
  6. Valves
  7. Engine block
  8. Cylinder head
  9. Timing gear and chains
  10. Camshaft and bearings
  11. Cylinder liner / bore
  12. Turbocharger
  13. Cam followers
  14. Rocker arm and pivot
  15. Pushrods and balance shaft

Read about our Shell Helix Ultra C2/C3 0W-30 Impressions here:
Conquering the hills in a Clio RS armed with a phone camera and an oil change

The Shell Helix Engine Warranty programme is specifically targeted at car owners who service their engines with Shell Helix Ultra with PurePlus Technology or the Shell Helix HX7 variant. Launched in 2014, Shell Helix with PurePlus Technology technology was the first engine oil to feature Shell's revolutionary gas to liquid technology that converts natural gas into and ultra clean and stable base oil.

How? First, replace your engine oil with Shell Helix Ultra or Helix HX7

All one needs to do is complete an oil change at any SHEW participating workshop where trained technicians will assist with registration.The good news is one may choose their desired workshop or perform their own oil change method and will only be required to self register online.

Once registered, participating car owners under the S.H.E.W. programme will receive periodic reminders so they never miss an oil change. They are also assured of genuine Shell Helix products when purchased through authorised S.H.E.W. workshops and at Shell Petrol station.

S.H.E.W. remains valid as long as the vehicle continues to use Shell Helix Ultra and Shell Helix HX 7 motor oil every six months or according to the manufacturer’s specified oil change interval, whichever comes first. The warranty is also transferable to the new vehicle owner to help protect the resale value of the vehicle, provided the new owner maintains copies of the last receipts to prove the continued use of Shell Helix Ultra or Shell Helix HX7.

By June this year, over 1,000 authorised S.H.E.W. workshops and Shell Petrol Stations nationwide would have been trained to offer S.H.E.W.

For more information on S.H.E.W. visit www.shell.com.my/helixwarranty

Read about our Shell Helix Ultra C2/C3 0W-30 Impressions here:
Conquering the hills in a Clio RS armed with a phone camera and an oil change

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
On paper sounds good but in practice I'm still skeptical. Similar like all those warranty of recon cars or even new cars, on paper the consumers are protected but in practice they all make it very difficult when comes time to claim especially on expensive repairs.

Btw I suspect this warranty also does not apply for those Shell bought from Tesco/AEON/Giant. CMIIW though.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
On paper sounds good but in practice I'm still skeptical. Similar like all those warranty of recon cars or even new cars, on paper the consumers are protected but in practice they all make it very difficult when comes time to claim especially on expensive repairs.

Btw I suspect this warranty also does not apply for those Shell bought from Tesco/AEON/Giant. CMIIW though.
This answer your question:-
Please note that only the purchase from Shell’s Participating Warranty Issuers of Shell Helix Ultra or Shell Helix HX7 in 4 liter packs that are manufactured or imported by Shell Malaysia Trading Sdn. Bhd. qualifies you for this Shell Helix Engine Warranty program.

Well, to learn more have to read their T&C.....
https://shew.shell.com/en-MY/About/TermsAndConditions

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I'm also not eligible coz mine just past 8 yrs old and the wife car even though still young enough but I never change oil within 6 mths as the cars are not travelling far enough.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

During the press conference's Q&A session, it was said, by Tony Chapman that there had not been any successful claim so far in the course of a handful of months in the neighbouring regions running this programme

It was also mentioned that claim submissions received were all non-lubricant related and we're rejected

Then again unlike other extended /aftermarket warranty programmes, Shell states it comes free with the use of their oils (only the Helix Ultra and the HX7)

But yes, its never as straightforward as claiming for a broken phone or laptop

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
It was mentioned that one can purchase these said engine oils from elsewhere, not just trained and participating Workshops such as their Shell Petrol stations, although nothing was said about discount venues such as Tesco (does Tesco carry Shell Helix?)

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
This answer your question:-
Please note that only the purchase from Shell’s Participating Warranty Issuers of Shell Helix Ultra or Shell Helix HX7 in 4 liter packs that are manufactured or imported by Shell Malaysia Trading Sdn. Bhd. qualifies you for this Shell Helix Engine Warranty program.

Well, to learn more have to read their T&C.....
https://shew.shell.com/en-MY/About/TermsAndConditions
This solves the purchase question

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Wahhhhh....This engine oil really that good ah??? Tempted to try it on my next change....
Always been a fan of the caramel smooth Helix Ultra 5W-40 but their latest C2/C3 0W-30 is my current favourite. I'd recommend anyone with a tuned engine to give it a go. First impressions are significant increase in engine response

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
It was mentioned that one can purchase these said engine oils from elsewhere, not just trained and participating Workshops such as their Shell Petrol stations, although nothing was said about discount venues such as Tesco (does Tesco carry Shell Helix?)

Tesco does offer Shell Helix oil, much cheaper on promotions (like last few weeks they have for only rm139 for the Helix Ultra 5w40). The T&C obviously disqualify them but I'd just settle for such promotions either Shell or other oils and take my chance without such warranty coz the price difference is way too big.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Tesco does offer Shell Helix oil, much cheaper on promotions (like last few weeks they have for only rm139 for the Helix Ultra 5w40). The T&C obviously disqualify them but I'd just settle for such promotions either Shell or other oils and take my chance without such warranty coz the price difference is way too big.
Actually if you do your OCI on time there should not be any problem with your engine. My VR already with me for 16 years and my Sonata III 13 years. My Sonata on a mix of oil brands from FS to SS, and my VR mostly on FS but different brands also in that 16 years, from Toyota oil, Castrol RS, Mobil 1, Caltex, Bardahl, BHP, Zeetex, Q8, Delphi, Esso Ultron, Top 1, Blue.sky, Penzzoil and now lately on Mitsu......:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Always been a fan of the caramel smooth Helix Ultra 5W-40 but their latest C2/C3 0W-30 is my current favourite. I'd recommend anyone with a tuned engine to give it a go. First impressions are significant increase in engine response
I hate to nitpick here but "caramel" isn't exactly a great comparison for oil! Haha! If you cook with caramel, you know it's thick, very sticky, doesn't flow well and break apart in dollops rather than a smooth flow of liquid. :rofl:

Anyway, this is quite a crafty tactic on Shells part. The warranty brings in the users and the constant reminders makes sure they stay as users.

How often is any engine failure an oil related failure?

- Oil starvation - isn't the oils fault
- Oil boiling to oblivion (probably due to track use) - grey area

Apart from fake/recycled oils, any oil in the market even the crappy cheap oils will lubricate enough to let your engine run without much issues. And considering how long Shell has been in the market, their oil formula isn't going to ruin anything unless abused, which in case will void the warranty.

So it's a win-win for Shell. Crafy indeed.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys my fren was asking wher to get those goldust not approved one..he wants reli damn gold dat cannot see inside the car one..he is driving a satria and he wants to tint the front both sides driver and passengers .. rear he will tint black film..so any recommendations wher to get those reli gold tint film..he said if its possible hardly look inside the car as though u have tinted two layer of film..
pls state down the price and wher to get..as i know those shops wont have the tint film but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience