Sharing My 22nd Birthday, My Detailing History & Thanks To My Detailing Buddies

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
its already been a year plus since i know about detailing, i still remember when the 1st time i got my car i didnt bother washing it till one day i saw a really shiny car on the road passed by me. i ask myself, why nice car have nice shine and my car doesnt? that moment i dont really bother about shine or not shine, to me a car is just for me to drive around. i have NO any interest about detailing cause i dont know what is detailing! one day, i saw my dad waxing his car. i asked him, why you wipe your car every sunday? he replied, to keep it shine la, if dont wax regularly the paint will get oxidized. i looked at my car it almost going to become matte black, i ask my dad can i have some of your wax? and then he gave me his bottle and guide me. 1st, he ask me to wash the car and then just wax. i tried with his way, wash with dish cleaner and then wax with car kit carnuba wax, the finish is really satisfied me 100 times alot. i immediately drive it out under the sun with a happy smile on it. since that day passed, i have a habbit to keeping my car clean and tidy, i wash almost everyday with detergent and wax with good morning towel, i also will add abit of water to smoothen up the surface while waxing, if is not, i will find very hard to wipe off the residue. after a few months, i went to ENEOS to check out about detailing supplies. i saw Meguiar's products on the shelf, i was too excited to pick a few stuff from there but i have no idea which one should i get. a sales man approach to me and ask me, i told him about the problem but he seems dont understand, he gave me a name card and ask me to go to his office at USJ1, yea.. Hypercoat Enterprise. after talk to a person at there, i bought the full range of Meguiar's product which cost about almost 1k. shampoo, 3steps, engine degreaser/hyper dressing, gold class carnuba, tire gel, interior bla bla bla. i tried myself with the instruction behind have labelled, i start becoming a detailing freak non-stop trying out all the products everyday after that. i even went to meguair's malaysia forum to check the stuff which can satisfy my needs. until one day, i saw a person posted at there named KC, his work really got me shocked. to find out who he is, i read his blog everyday. i even called him to ask him how to get those stuff to be done that way, almost an hour of conversation and i decided to meet up with him. after the night we met up, my interest about detailing become stronger each day, i immediately purchase a SKIll rotary buffer to whack my car but with alot holograms on it. i still not satisfied, i went back to him again. he'll tell me bla bla bla. then next day i bought makita and learn again to improve myself until one day, i have archive this result..

this is a testing car i driving everyday, you can see the hood is swirl free and hologram free after months of practicing/learning etc etc. thanks uncle KC for your encouragement and willing to "SHOW ME YOUR WORK!!!" million thanks to you and also my detailing friends, seech aka jack, st1l aka josh and fishbonezken aka kenneth for your useful videos and write up. last, specially thanks to my lovely girlfriend who willing let me spend time on detailing, thanks for everything you've done for me. if you're reading this i would like to take this opportunity to tell you that i love you, thanks for the cupcakes/present you bought for me on my birthday, i really like it and happy 1 year anniversary :)

icing cupcake anyone?

yeah, its reffering to me. HAHA!

look familiar, izit a makita 9227c?

close up.

thanks for viewing tho im sharing some of my happiness here.

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Those cupcakes are soooooooooo cute!!! Awesome gf!
thanks bro. dont be jealous, im eating it now. haha!
Man oh man.. I gotta get my head out of the gutter...

Had to re-read Muyo's post twice to realise the GF was the one who bought the cake. I thought Ken was complimenting her looks and Muyo was saying he was eating... erm... :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Nice experience. Thanks for sharing though I love to keep my car clean but could not really afford a makita so soon yet. Just washing it every week once if possible...and some Tar Remover from Meguairs to remove the tar on the rims and skirtings...:bawling:

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hahaha, so what does the white polishing pad taste like? Hope the baker didn't spray some Optimum Hyper Compound into the icing...LOL
hahaha! omg! LC white polishing pad with Optimum Hyper Compound. later my throat vain free :bawling:

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Man oh man.. I gotta get my head out of the gutter...

Had to re-read Muyo's post twice to realise the GF was the one who bought the cake. I thought Ken was complimenting her looks and Muyo was saying he was eating... erm... :biggrin:
HAHAHA! confused liao Izso :banghead:

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Nice experience. Thanks for sharing though I love to keep my car clean but could not really afford a makita so soon yet. Just washing it every week once if possible...and some Tar Remover from Meguairs to remove the tar on the rims and skirtings...:bawling:
slowly la bro, no rush, save up 1 time only then go buy :biggrin:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Happy birthday bro! Haha! Your gf is very much a detailer herself, but in her own way! Look at those small details of the cupcake. She can even make a Makita LOL... So cute...

Hot detailer eh? This is the first time I've seen your photo and you do seem quite good looking! Ehem (speaking as a straight guy here)....:biggrin:

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Happy birthday bro! Haha! Your gf is very much a detailer herself, but in her own way! Look at those small details of the cupcake. She can even make a Makita LOL... So cute...

Hot detailer eh? This is the first time I've seen your photo and you do seem quite good looking! Ehem (speaking as a straight guy here)....:biggrin:
thanks bro. not she make one the cupcakes. she bought it somewhere :D where got good looking, 22 alredi, feel so old :bawling:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
thanks bro. not she make one the cupcakes. she bought it somewhere :D where got good looking, 22 alredi, feel so old :bawling:
Oh... But so thoughtful of her to request for it! SO cute! 22 and you say old! Don't say that bro... Or else you offend a lot of us here :biggrin:. How old you are is in your heart!

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
OMG! Those cupcakes! Epic!
Happy birthday!

The 2nd jug from left looks like OPC diluted... Haha!

I too was just getting hooked into detailing since last month after reading KC's inspirational works. Only did clay and wax on my ride before I got the optimum stuff from KC. Have not done/learn any correction yet.

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh... But so thoughtful of her to request for it! SO cute! 22 and you say old! Don't say that bro... Or else you offend a lot of us here :biggrin:. How old you are is in your heart!
yeah. shes the one i ever need, 2nd makita :biggrin: haha! sorry bro, or else i say myself i have grow up :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

happy belated birthday bro. the cupcakes are amazing LOL...
thanks bro. :driver:

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

OMG! Those cupcakes! Epic!
Happy birthday!

The 2nd jug from left looks like OPC diluted... Haha!

I too was just getting hooked into detailing since last month after reading KC's inspirational works. Only did clay and wax on my ride before I got the optimum stuff from KC. Have not done/learn any correction yet.
thanks bro! no worries, anything can just come to us here. hope to see more of your work :proud: and happy detailing!

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

i envy yr makita...i want one too

great way to go buddy
haha! dont need envy la uncle kc. btw, thanks ya for the night. :proud:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Car: perdana v6
Year : 2000
Engine : stock 6a12 V6 DOHC 24V
Mileage : 222xxx km (daily driving,go holiday anywhere i go this car is my ride)
Transmission : auto 4
Upgrade in mind :
  • piggyback ecu
  • adjustable suspension
  • brake
  • aesthetic (bodykit,rim,semi bucket)

With that info, im in the mist of getting ecu , so planning to keep engine stock and hoping that with the piggyback could squeeze a lil bit performance and give a better fc and/or low rpm pickup.

i am not...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience