Service parts

gIGoN

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
Guys,

I'm getting more frustrated day by day with the emerging of more and more FAKE parts in the market here in Malaysia. I just bought a Power Mag II Oil filter and found out it's actually a taiwan made in other words a fake product. Are there any reliable shops out there in the market which do sell genuine parts? As for castrol i believe it's a gone case as I think 90% of the oils out there are fakes.

What about oil filters? anyone could share with me where I could get an original mitsubishi oil filter or any original aftermarket oil filters?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Options are :

1. Your manufacturer Service Center
2. A trustworthy mechanic
3. Your manufacturer Service Center

:biggrin:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
wow...even the aftermarket parts is full of fake products nowaday...last time only knew those rays lug nut dats made in taiwan...but at least consumer are being inform.

but oil filter also cannot find ori parts...unless u go to service centre.
even if sparepart shops says its ori...when compare to oil filter from service centre totally different design and even sometimes different color.

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
well, if the printing and finishing of the product is not good/clear, most likely it is a fake.

Yea, i also usually goto the service center to buy parts. Although a bit more expensive, i am assured it is genuine.

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Tip i can share through my experience. Normally the shops will put the original one as display but once u agree to buy then they will take from the store which is fake one. So if u guys can confirm the display one is original the ask for that only. Don't allow them take take others from store.

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Usually I buy parts from a few spare parts shop, usually they will tell if it's fake or ori if u ask fake ka ? So far most spare parts shop I go are ok maybe coz the parts r for common cars if mitsubishi or subaru parts they can help to order and will tell if it's 100% ori or taiwan copied. If buy thru mechanic or workshop usually kantoi coz they wanna earn more profit. I believe spare parts shop won't simply sell fake items if customer dunno coz according to the shop I go usually they will inform 1st coz too many copy edi nowadays and most mechanic will ask for copy stuff while end user will ask for ori. :rofl:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
yeah...just learnt it the hard way...
just a simple oil filter had leaked out all the engine oil in my car.

for the 1st time i didnt bring my own parts...coz just wanna change the engine oil with previous top up oil...
tot givin the workshop some money la...but turned out yesterday morning all engine oil leaked out and i have to replace it with new oil filter and cheapo engine oil...coz still freak out and phobia...i change the engine oil last month...huhuhu!

fct

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
kluang,jb,spore
FRAM OIL FILTER,should not have fake.
For those ori oil filter.
1 way to try is to knock the 1 side of filter with your hand and feel.(fully cover housing part to your palm)
ori filter will give a spring vibrate feel while the 'chiong' one will not have it.