serious help needed - engine stop automatically

ugly123

Jan 25, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I bought a used 350z (2003 version) in Feb'13. At the beginning, there was a problem with the engine vibration and the mechanic had rectified it by replacing the ECU.

Soon after that, there is a bigger problem arised - the engine dies off automatically few seconds after starting. Then got to try a few times and rev up the engine simultaneously, it runs smoothly after that. But once the car is idle for few hours or every morning, this problem occurs again.

My mechanic has already done the engine relearn via computer, checked the mass air flow sensor, converter, but still cant solve it. Do you have any glue?

ugly123

Jan 25, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
At the start, the engine can be ignited but then stop after few seconds. Afterthat, has to try a few times about 10-20 min before the engine can be ignited. This happens every morning or the car is not running after a few hours.

What's wrong?

mikechoy

Jul 4, 2006
it should be the crank shaft sensor giving problem.....advice to replace it with the other 2 cam shaft sensor together....cos those sensor is a wear and tear part...

advise to look for those workshop who able to do diagnose for ur Z to find out the actual problem .

ugly123

Jan 25, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
My mechanic has checked the crank and cam shaft sensors but the problem is still persist. Strange there in no check-engine-light. The mechanic told me the error code is P1121 APS circuit. Any idea how to solve this? The car is in the workshop for a month already.

mikechoy

Jul 4, 2006
in sunway u can go to KS brake or ATS.....

my Z was fixed at workshop in shell at jalan pahang next to mcdonald..

hope this will help.

ugly123

Jan 25, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
My mechanic through another wiring man finally managed to solve the it. He told me it was caused by an electronic gadget linked to the ECU but dont know what is the name of the gadget. At last, i can enjoy the rev of the car after 2 months in the workshop.

Thanks James3399.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just wondering what shampoo or medium you guys use to clean the rims.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience