Satria Neo Review: Second Impression

komichikanos

Nov 1, 2006
i know already la gatecrasher,but proton wouldn't doing any R&D for the bloody engine(except only for the head,hahaha)...they just cilok from another engine...the only R&D the devoloped is the skirting,hehehe

lazypapa

Known Member
Oct 27, 2006
read the new hypertune mag?
Neo R3, 1.6L=140bhp!!!
front recaro seat, adjusterble suspension!!!

Nov 10, 2006
just got the ride 2 days ago...as for now..superb...except for the driver's door (not level - factory defect)...

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
I love the Satria Neo, I think Proton got it completely right (with the design anyways). But hate the bling bling rims and 'Beng'-ish fuel cap.

I think it's a great platform for enthusiasts and hopefully we'll see a real Satria Neo R3 released! Happy modding Neo owners!

kirks

May 27, 2005
melaka
Erh, just recently, a friend of mine from MFA (Malaysian Flying Academy) crashed his Neo, at 60KM/h. His front was damaged completely, but the front Saga had just scratches. LoL~

Reason for accident; Brake failure. He braked and braked, but nothing happened. Pulled the handbrake and stil nothing happened. When he slammed into the front car, his car just rolled back again, while he tried braking again.
So he switched his engine off, and on again, and the brakes worked again. I don't know if this is an isolated incident, but I think it's worth watching out on.

Nov 21, 2006
Flooring it didn’t help, or at least, not yet…2,000rpm…nothing…3,000rpm….i feel it coming …4,000rpm… hold on, the car is lurching forward …5,000rpm… the engine explodes to a roar all the way past 6,000rpm to redline! It was scary the first time I did it, as I was worried that the engine might fall apart, but after doing it a few times, I was enjoying myself, feeling the kick while getting an adrenaline rush as the roar of the engine escalates.
Either you've never, ever driven a decent car in your life before, or you get massive thrills from driving useless things that hardly move.

The brakes were responsive, and you may even find it sensitive if you’re not used to it. In my opinion, it’s more than sufficient to tame the Neo.
Going at 50km/h and then braking doesn't tell you whether your brakes are responsive or not. All cars can do that.
Bring it to 100km/h, and then start braking when you're, say 20m from a 90degree bend.

However, understeer wasn’t apparent, if it even did understeer at all. Not once did the Neo strayed away from the line I wanted to go; maybe I wasn’t pushing it enough, but I was certainly going as fast as I could on the road.
Neither does my 18 Wheeler. Try going a "bit" faster, like another 50km/h faster. Because my 18 wheeler glides through corners at 50km too!
Oh wait, sorry, that's the maximum speed you can get after "feeling the kick while getting an adrenaline rush as the roar of the engine escalates."

Drive a real car, and stop praising cars like these, its just not worth it. You're giving Malaysians a bad name, more and more youngsters will go "OMFG I GOT VTAK IN MY 1.3L PROTON AUWWW, FEEL THAT LUNGE??? HEAR IT???"

No.

epithet

Jul 6, 2006
the equivalent to VVTI or V tec for proton will be called CPS. supposed to comeout already but i'm still waiting....

epithet

Jul 6, 2006
Cheese factory, what do you drive? Must have loads of torque... 18 wheeler and all!

drMpower

May 1, 2006
Proton need that CPS badly. they currently dont have that fuel consumption technology or engine management system.

yeah. i'm still waiting to see whether Proton can pull off this one, big time. I fancy the Neo but, is it worth for an R3 Neo? I hope so and I'll be the first to line up for bookings if R3 is ready to roll.

epithet

Jul 6, 2006
Sigh, I gave up waiting for the neo, and went out and bought the gen 2. when the neo finally came out a year later. I was heartbroken... now waiting for GTI to come out... Proton will be coming out with CPS for some of their cars next year. Gen 2 and Waja. Satria..i dunno....waiting for gti.

Scuderia

Known Member
Jul 19, 2004
What a beauty.

Put on some 17" and it rocks !

A combi of Alfa 147 and Boxster

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): The recent Tsunami in Japan has shocked the world and devastated millions including substantial damage to the car industry and its motorsports and tuning sub-culture. Even the Ebisu circuit was severely shaken and landscape permanently remodeled.

Source : Speedhunters

Ebisu circuit has seriously been damaged, Tsukuba circuit as well most events cancelled for the time being...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience