Satria Neo Performance Hideout.

reefdee

Known Member

reefdee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2010
Putrajaya
crazykatak comes to putrajaya.. :biggrin:

ps - any1 interested to swap piggybacks? i am interested in works ems.. swap with my unichip Q..

SAPPH

SAPPH

May 18, 2012
Johor Bahru
My neo is CPS AT, currently only installed hot bits drop in air filter. With normal driving, country road, my fc drops from 6.4L/100KM to 6.1L/100KM.

Thinking about installing D1 Throttle Controller and Works EMS-1 piggyback ecu.

faris.salleh

From Facebook

faris.salleh

From Facebook
Jul 3, 2011
www.facebook.com
Pity. Such a pity. I think they should not make the auto version for Neos. Throttle controller is stoooopid. If you fix the snorkel you don't need the throttle controller. You get max amount of air with low restriction. It reduces you throttle response time and reduce fuel consumption.

The first thing CPS owners should do is get the intake snorkel for non CPS. I think the designers were spot on. The new snorkel is made by UMW. You can see their logo below. I think they were trying to dumb down Satrias so people buy Vios.

I have done the change and I can get approx 4.5l/100km (average from meter and actual fill at pump). But was driving 80km/h on open road no traffic.

But if you've got the money get an airbox like Pipercross. You need to make a slight mod as the bonnet scoop for Non CPS Neo is eliptical while the airbox intake is round. From the box you go straight to the throttle body. Less bending means less flow drops. Then you can stuff away the stock airbox and kick it to yesterday. UMW sux!

crazykatak

500 RPM

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Pity. Such a pity. I think they should not make the auto version for Neos. Throttle controller is stoooopid. If you fix the snorkel you don't need the throttle controller. You get max amount of air with low restriction. It reduces you throttle response time and reduce fuel consumption.

The first thing CPS owners should do is get the intake snorkel for non CPS. I think the designers were spot on. The new snorkel is made by UMW. You can see their logo below. I think they were trying to dumb down Satrias so people buy Vios.

I have done the change and I can get approx 4.5l/100km (average from meter and actual fill at pump). But was driving 80km/h on open road no traffic.

But if you've got the money get an airbox like Pipercross. You need to make a slight mod as the bonnet scoop for Non CPS Neo is eliptical while the airbox intake is round. From the box you go straight to the throttle body. Less bending means less flow drops. Then you can stuff away the stock airbox and kick it to yesterday. UMW sux!

the reason being of CPS snorkel is to reduce noise at the air intake..if u wanna change to 1st generation CamPro snorkel,then by all means..don't lah bash UMW bro.
its not easy to design that snorkel..

rippytan

rippytan

May 5, 2012
Singapore
hmmm.... talking about the air intake. I notice that my neo has a similar problem. It is already installed with a simota charger however I noticed quite a bit of turning.... any advise for DIY to shorten it? Hehe....

blue.taxi

Known Member

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
any know the MT's gear ratio & final drive of a 2008 1600cc NEO ?

TQ

Last edited:

blue.taxi

Known Member

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
thks... but this car didn't came w/a manual book... may be last owner hv eat it? Local proton web site seem also cannot find it, so far I only got the current info from Proton UK web site...

neohadri

Known Member

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008

my 2007 neo non cps air snorkel has UMW logo stamp on it