Satria Neo Performance Hideout.

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
neo cps i managed 200kmh only..why is it aa? not so stock la. basic bolt ons only.i know the cps FD is 4.3 but it shouldnt be that bad..200kmh @ around 5.5k rpm..anyone wud agree if i say it is the bodykit that is restricting the neo cps to have faster top speed? coz it has a larger frontal area..sum more bigger air gaps compared to normal neo..it looks good but if it impairs the performance, i'd rather go for normal neo bodykit..one more thing..i think i prefer the non cps campro intake snorkel..

ashyu90

Known Member
Oct 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
240-250km i dont know
but i did try max 230 still take some time to reach (on straight road)no up or down hill
i were installed the chips at rs impressive (puchong)

on power side:
formworks exhaust
knn drop in
fusion spark plug
and that chips lol
can go 240-250..
other unicip?? wat kind of management cam use in campro engine?? how bout ultimate emanage???

TimLang

Known Member
Jun 15, 2006
Hai all, im planning to buy satria neo cps. What mod usually u guys do first? Handling? or performance?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
timlang...get rid of that heavy 16" wheel first...and get a good lightweight 15"rims with a set of good tyre...

then u can go for better power by tuning....standard current gen proton was already good on handling department.....but if it was me still i'll add wheel spacer on all 4tyre....

maybe 1" on rear and 3/4" on front to increase stability.....

*note: cps track width was reduced compared to normal neo...

ashyu90

Known Member
Oct 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
would i say something..?

for god sake please save ur money and get a good ecu (piggy back) then u will realize the power boost up from ur original engine at least +-20%..i guaranty that u will feel it

i do in my waja campro..and plus..auto..heh

change air filter = standard HKS ( not open pod )
change extractor 4-2-1 = ( cap ayam brand )
original ecu = reflash and retune ( i dunno what my proton friend done to my car )
UNICHIP = this burger really make my sluggish campro become highway terrorist

pickup : can fight with standard 4G93 ( but Gti i lost due to it lighter body )..hehe
top speed : ever try reach 240km/h @ 6000rpm ( out meter )

but my car behavior change a bit..

(highway)
- economic = must drive between 90 ~ 130km/h only
( RM50 can go +-380km )

- suck blood drive = between 130 ~ 150km/h
( RM50 can go only +- 200km )

- average = must drive between 150 ~ 210km/h
( RM50 can go +- 330 km )

hmmm :smokin:

ur kidding bro, i already R&D my campro engine...from basic modification and now major/ heavy modification...in my mine, with ur simple modification can go 240km/h...its possible bro...if that true..prove it..:mad:.i know u use unicip...I also use unicip once time ago..

netracer

Known Member
Feb 15, 2005
Ipoh-KL
Visit site
cps top speed being heldback due to aerodynamics....
- remove rear spoiler, add an undertray - you will go above 200km/h even stock at 5.8k rpm

but then you loose a bit on rear downforce (without the spolier)

as for value for money upgrades, go for
- total exhaust
- intake (basically free flow filter)
- better plugs/cables (if new, do not bother)
- unichip Q+ (activate the CPS at lower rpm is a bonus)

You will be seeing 160++hp @ 7k rpm, 180++NM @ 5k rpm
- flatter torque, improved drivability, enticing exhaust note

Of course, get rid of those ori 16in rims that weight 9.8kg each... go for 15in (i feel a bit small in looks, I opted for 16in that weighs 7.8kg)

Note that advanti 17in is only 7.8kg but felt may not be too comfortable for thrasing around potholes.

Above all, replace the OEM seats to Recaro SR3 or better depending on budget with actual recaro rails, you will be amazed how much headroom reclaimed and better body hugging as neo is at best driven in challenging route (zigzag aka mini pocket rocket)

Those who want better 0-180kmh may opt for a BOT but that is another story....

Oh yes, remove the spare wheel & sub woofer (if there is) for better handling.
ARB max is 16mm. Feel 19mm a little too hard and stiff for daily high speed corners. Could be counter off by different tyre pressure though.

And most important of all, use proper maintenance fluids ( no need to spend a bomb of branded ones, just adequate frequent routine would be fine )

Upgrade your driving skills and brakes (pads and braided hoses) is imminent.

Do not get yourself kill in the search of driving fun.

ashyu90

Known Member
Oct 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
so, any modification neo?? come to share with us.....how bout 1st gear can go ......km/h?? 2nd gear. 3rd gear, 4th gear..and 5th gear???

netracer

Known Member
Feb 15, 2005
Ipoh-KL
Visit site
all gears have same speed if no ratios have been changed
- gear @ what rpm / kmh

mods done are to improve hp & torque which as a result shorten the time taken to achieve those speed

note that aerodynamics play a big role on speed above 150km/h, is like hitting a wall or someone pulling from behind when cycling

even turbocharged may improve more on the acceleration, and of course higher top speed due to extra torque at that breakeven rpm/speed of the aerodynamics but do not expect much unless you are willing to rev higher into 6500-7500rpm on boost

for a 1.6litre hatchback, mods are benificial for pocket rocket, zippy handling, maximum midrange and do not compared to high speed highway crusing which is better done with bigger cc cars and proper gear ratios for crusing like in R35, R34, Supras and similar makes...

It is a like a sprinter 0-100m runner to a marathon champion... different world.

Want to have best of both worlds? Buy both!

ashyu90

Known Member
Oct 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Your words are probably right. but the important thing is to be the fastest in its own category. we can not distinguish between the Campro 1.6 with R35. if you want to compare Campro 1.6 with R35 could not be more different. we measure the Campro category itself.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H8K3Nk3PghU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="350" width="600"></iframe>

If given the choice, which would you prefer the most: a carefully-engineered piece of automotive marvel like the Bugatti Veyron, or the bad boy supercar like the Lamborghini Gallardo? Of course one of the advantages that will put the Veyron above the Bull is its insane 1001-horsepower W16 engine and the ability to smash through the 400km/h barrier, which no...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience