Satria Neo acceleration problem

rockabunny

Jan 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmmm ok, this might be a very common topic but I guess its worth asking again cause I'm sure alot of you out there might want to know or DO know how to solve the Campro engine issue with Neo. My problem is basically this.. My Neo, although a great looking car have absolutely crap acceleration. Sometimes pedal to the metal is like pedaling a bicycle. Is there a solution? I have read in other forums suggesting to tune up the ECU. Will this help especially if my Neo is a auto? Where can I get it done and what is the estimated cost (Assuming it will help). Ok I'm not looking to beat a GTR or anything but I am looking for some damn decent acceleration!! Dammit at least give it some grunt! It's a car that looks like it should be doing burnouts not a slow walk in the park. Anyways your input is much appreciated! :)

Niemans1116

Known Member
Jul 1, 2010
SinCity
Here are a few things you can do:

1.Check your gas pedal if anything is obstructing it, most likely it is your car mattress or the addtional rubber mattress you put in that is blocking the pedal play..lol

2.Go for complete service, change all your lube and your plugs. If for performance plugs, make sure you get the ones with the correct heat heat range.

3.Change to drop in air filter: K&N. Some mode enthusiast will suggest open pod type air filter but make sure you get it shielded away from the heat generated in the engine bay. For performance gain, it is useful to get as much cold air as possible.

4.Change extractor to 4-2-1 type for better low/mid end torque. There are a few good brands out there that worth your money-Hotbits, Powerzone.

5.Change to lightened flywheel. A lighter wheel takes strain off the engine and helps it to rev more freely. Major downside is engine momentum/inertia is reduce on a hill climb. Reduced in momentum has direct effect on engine output. So don't go Genting..:biggrin:

6.Change to lightened crank pulley. Get the type that comes with a damper-Mythelogy. Downside is alternator charge is lower especially at lower rpm because of the smaller size.

7.Check the Drive-By-Wire Throttle Control unit.

That's about it from me, maybe other forum members have better ideas to solve your prob.

Happy :driver:

Cheerz

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Errr any guy try STP injector cleaner before??? RM10 per bottle..
Planing buy 1 bottle to test lahh..any try before?? told u story mahh..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience