keigo4552

Known Member
Jul 25, 2005
kuala lumpur
hello every1.....
im ah beh....
looking 4 satria 4wd chassis(rear)
wan convert to 4wd in satria...
1 problem....its juz only japan hokaito cars have 4wd in mivec or others n/a engine...
2.problem....evo 4wd chassis don 100% match...have to modify a lot

so pls help me man.....pm me if got anythings..
thanks

risyia

Known Member
Feb 16, 2005
Pandan Indah
Read in Hypertune magazine long time ago, about somebody successfully converted his Satria to 4WD.

Read in in there, the main problem is getting the main driveshaft to connect to the rear wheels. This chap got it from some potong kereta but the item is very rare.

jswong

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
Saw a Satria GTI converted with Evo 3 4WD gearbox before. The owner said that his first-generation Satria GTI body already had the "hump" at the back for the rear axle.

The workshop fabricated a subframe for the rear arms and rear axle, because the original Evo 3 floor and rear arm mounting can't fit in the Satria, apparently. They custom-made a subframe for the rear section adn the axle, rear arms, etc. bolted on to the subframe, which was bolted onto the Satria monocoque and tack welded at key locations.

The front part of the car is still the same, but using Evo front cross member to have the clearance for 4WD gearbox's centre diff. The fuel tank has been changed to 4WD tank to get the clearance for the prop shaft. If I recall correctly, they also modified the prop shaft because the wheelbase is shorter.

This workshop is in Kg Baru Subang area, I forgot the name.. the father of the Satria GTI owner is the co-owner of the workshop, and they specialize in restoring classic cars, they also own those classic 80's Chevy Corvettes.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Toyota delivers C-HR to first 50 Malaysian buyers

UMW Toyota Motor (UMWT) delivered the first 50 units of the All New Toyota C-HR compact crossover to its customers at an event held at the Technology Park Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. Also present at the ceremony was the Chief Engineer of the All New Toyota C-HR...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience