SATRIA 1.6 - Seeking advices for TUNING & UPGRADES

#OGPIM

Known Member
Jul 9, 2016
KUALA LUMPUR
Oh shit bro... Time for 93 block swap bro, the head no damage right? :burnout:
im gonna change everything. Gasket ko also.
Basically my mech will overhaul it.

I Did notice some prob when i first purchased the car.
It seems that it cant go beyond 140kmph at 3000rpm.
When i hit 4500rpm, it blew up.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Now you are making me doubt whether should I even change the extractor since you say it is quite pointless. After reading what you write, it looks like 4-2-1 is the better choice than 4-1 then?

By the way, what is the material for stock extractor? Mine now is like rusted all the way.

It is stuck after I brought it for a check with my mechanic. Flushed the radiator later and everything solved. But still, the water inside the radiator is still brownish even after flushing.

I think you're misunderstanding me, I didn't say pointless, I said at this point in time with your 110% stock engine, it'll suit a 4-2-1 design better than 4-1. It's up to you at the end of the day. I don't know what you plan to do with your car & engine in the long run...

Another thing you should know, an extractor swap regardless a 4-1 or 4-2-1 doesn't mean your car's powerband is going to dramatically change with either, and neither is your powerband going to dip so sharply that you'll feel a massive difference.

Btw you can get straight through mufflers that are quiet... just go get the largest longest straight flow muffler you can find and 2 large bullets/midbox I can guarantee the car will be quiet.

It's cast iron. Surface rust I assume?

Last edited:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Looks like I shall ignore 4-1 then. I want to ask, after 4-2-1 is installed, I know it helps in lower to mid rpm range, but then how about high rpm like around 5k to 6k? Will the power at least remain as good as stock or even worse than stock?

I do like the feeling that the car gives when it goes over 5k rpm. :biggrin:
What kind of aftermarket extractor gives you worse power than a stock exhaust manifold wei? :stupid:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
im gonna change everything. Gasket ko also.
Basically my mech will overhaul it.

I Did notice some prob when i first purchased the car.
It seems that it cant go beyond 140kmph at 3000rpm.
When i hit 4500rpm, it blew up.
Ok bro. 93 block yeah :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Renault, a brand that was once known for its commercial vehicles like the Kangoo has been making significant strides in Malaysia. Over the past two years or so TC Euro, the distributor of everything Renault in Malaysia, has introduced a number of worthy cars like the Clio 1.6, Espace, Koleos, and the Laguna Coupe. But that's for ordinary people, leading ordinary lives and want...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience