Satira Neo CPS MT

sohem

Known Member
Jun 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Need some information before decide to purchase this car,

1) Any common issue?
2) Minor/major issue?
3) Performance wise compare to Persona Elegance?

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited by a moderator:

chris1

Jun 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Sohem,

You know it really depends on the individual, if i say i like the car....you may not like it. Depends on what your priorities are. As a new owner, i basically find the following weaknesses:

i) Poor NVH, car is quite noisy. My last Proton was the Satria GTi, and that felt much queiter.
ii) Not enough power for the chassis.
iii) Lacks some stuff that would be considered standard today e.g. door lock/unlock button, automatic mirror folding, lack of storage etc.

Strengths:

i) Very good handling
ii) Looks nice (to me)
iii) cheap

The strengths are important enuf for me to get the car. So for you may be different, depends on what you like. If you have been driving nice queit automatic cars like Vios, Camry, City, Civics or Accords all this while....you probably won't like the Neo CPS :biggrin:

sohem

Known Member
Jun 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Currently driving Myvi Ezi auto thou, kinda noisy at the engine part.

Well, budget only <60k, so the car which I'm interested in would be Neo CPS / Persona Elegance,

Yet to decide thou...you know la...2 doors and 4 doors, advise from parents....lolz

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
neo comes with 175000km or 5 years warranty. so no worry bout the maintenance.
bout the minus point, i would say it is still acceptable.
the plus point is the one attracting ppl to buy, the look is nice, sporty and appealing. the campro is bit sluggish at first but once run in, it will be smooth and better fc. even the top speed also increases. it happened to my campro persona. now running smooth after bout 40k km mileage

most importantly it suits yr budget and nice...

sohem

Known Member
Jun 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Not bad...So comparing thou..in term of performance, neo is better right?
Just the cons is 2 door...

chris1

Jun 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Sohem,

You mean better compared to Persona? If in terms of performance then yes, 100%. I can't comment in terms of comfort or quality, never owned a Persona before. 2 door vs 4 door is very much up to you. If marriage & kids are not on the radar, then go for 2 door la....., later can change to 4 door. Maybe you want to wait for the so-called Waja replacement? May cost you up to 70k though.....

sohem

Known Member
Jun 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Sohem,

You mean better compared to Persona? If in terms of performance then yes, 100%. I can't comment in terms of comfort or quality, never owned a Persona before. 2 door vs 4 door is very much up to you. If marriage & kids are not on the radar, then go for 2 door la....., later can change to 4 door. Maybe you want to wait for the so-called Waja replacement? May cost you up to 70k though.....
aint waiting man...coz quite long also the budget over liao.

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
guys, so sorry to potong trip... but this can be added the the negatives...
my house mate's car hasn't been started for a long time the 1.6 high line cps, bout 1 year, i tried to open the car door also cannot! everything is connected to the battery! can't open the boot coz got no key hole...so u must always know if ur battery is fully charged!... now i've got another problem... the battery guy told me that once i fit back the battery, i must go to reset the ecu, is that true???? is there anything else i need to check b4 starting and driving the car??? thanks....

BlackRS125

Apr 20, 2009
my house mate's car hasn't been started for a long time the 1.6 high line cps, bout 1 year, i tried to open the car door also cannot! everything is connected to the battery! can't open the boot coz got no key hole...so u must always know if ur battery is fully charged!... now i've got another problem... the battery guy told me that once i fit back the battery, i must go to reset the ecu, is that true???? is there anything else i need to check b4 starting and driving the car??? thanks....
If the battery kaput, open it manually with car key la bro. If the battery can't be recharge, then u need to change it to the new battery. 1 year is long enough to spoil 1 battery. There's no need to reset the ECU after changing the battery.

i owned Satria Neo too and I faced this problem before. Battery kaput. No problem occur after changing the battery. No need to reset the ECU. If the ECU got problem, check engine light will emmit. No worries. If it emmit, then u might consider going to SC to check ur ECU or any other engine sensor.

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
thanks man! I was really cracking my head thinkin if i needed to take the car for ecu reload..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
corona,

once the battery re-connect u let it idle for awhile...it will auto read and back to normal after awhile.......so don worry. if the check engine light on...then u disconnect the negative terminal for a while and fix again later.....and let it idle....see how....can give it a try.......usually no problem for battery change .....:driver:

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
thanks black and evoz, well the whole problem was that it was not even possible to open the doors, coz the central locking systems is also connected to the battery, have u noticed that the car only locks after a few seconds, well it doesn't use the same as a wira central lock gun where u can just turn the key and the lock will open, i guess it uses sum type of sensor or sumthin... so to open the door when the battery is dead, u would need to pull up the lever than turn the key.... learned it from a bmw owner!:stupid: that was the only way to open the lock... but the rest was rite... didn't need to do anything to the ecu... just drained out the old petrol and did an engine service...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...
juz wana share d result of my upgrade on LED lighting...

changing d led is easy, but be careful wif d dashboard panel.. bcoz is made by plastic..

from yellow to bright white...!... yippeee~~~ :biggrin:

another shot... V...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience