Sarawak's finalists travelled an average of 20.96km using 1 litre of Shell FuelSave

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Shell Malaysia announced George A.W. Chapman, 40 as the Sarawak State winner for the Shell 1 Litre Challenge East Malaysia when he clocked in 25.3km using only 1 litre of Shell FuelSave Unleaded petrol. The second and third runner-ups Chen Kee Keong, 42 and Ong Chung Siang, 32 clocked in 24.1km and 22.56km respectively. The Challenge further complements the recent introduction of Shell FuelSave 95 and 97, formulated to help motorists save up to 1 litre with every full tank1.

The winner George A.W. Chapman walked away with RM 3,000 in total prizes while the other two runner-ups each took home RM500 cash. All three will meet with finalists from Sabah at the National Finals on 12th June 2010 to compete for the title of East Malaysia FuelSave Champion that comes with a total prize purse of RM 50,000. As the East Malaysia FuelSave Champion, he will represent Malaysia at the ‘Asia’s Smartest Driver’ challenge hosted during the Shell Eco Marathon.

Joining the East Malaysia FuelSave Champion will be Peninsular Malaysia FuelSave Champion, Mr Jason Lai Tsuen Yong who drove the furthest on 1 litre of Shell FuelSave petrol.

“Shell has over 100 years of experience in developing the technology and services that make us a leading provider of innovative and new fuels today. We believe that not all fuels are the same and as issues of fuel costs and the environmental impact of motoring begin to increasingly affect our lifestyle, it is important for our customers to be well informed and to make smart fuel choices. Since we first introduced Shell FuelSave here in March this year, the support from our friends from Sarawak has indeed been encouraging. It signifies how many people are interested in becoming a more fuel efficient driver,” said Mr Leslie Ng, National Retail Sales Manager, Shell Malaysia Trading Sdn Bhd.

“Passionate about helping the world’s motorists get the most out of every drop, we want to use the expertise inside Shell to help drivers become expert fuel-savers themselves. The 1 Litre Challenge reflects this and demonstrates our ongoing commitment to educate motoring communities to be more fuel efficient and savvy.”

Sarawak’s1 Litre Challenge State Winner George A W Chapman was thrilled to have clocked the most kilometres at the challenge, “This experience has been an enriching one. Not only have I truly experienced the effectiveness of adopting FuelSave tips as well as using the right fuel. I also now know how far 1 litre of fuel can take me.

<table style="text-align: justify;" border="2" cellspacing="0" width="712"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td height="15">Placement</td><td>Name</td><td>Total Kilometers Travelled</td><td>Litres of Fuel Used</td><td>Kilometers per Litre</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td height="15">1</td><td>George A.W. Chapman</td><td>109.3</td><td>4.32</td><td>25.3009</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td height="15">2</td><td>Chen Kee Kiong</td><td>109.2</td><td>4.53</td><td>24.1060</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td height="15">3</td><td>Ong Chung Siang</td><td>110</td><td>4.67</td><td>23.5546</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td height="15">4</td><td>Lee Siok Kin</td><td>109.2</td><td>4.84</td><td>22.5620</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td height="15">5</td><td>Mikie Bijaya Ahmad</td><td>109</td><td>5.1</td><td>21.3725</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td height="15">6</td><td>Kho Chung Hong</td><td>108.9</td><td>5.62</td><td>19.3772</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td height="15">7</td><td>Mas Haryani Rabani</td><td>109</td><td>6.33</td><td>17.2196</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td height="15">8</td><td>Abang YuzriBin Abang Ashari</td><td>109.2</td><td>7.69</td><td>14.2003</td></tr></tbody></table>

More than 2050 Malaysian motorists registered to join in this leg of the competition that challenged how far ordinary Malaysians can travel further using only 1 litre of Shell FuelSave Unleaded petrol.

This is just the beginning. Catch the Shell team next weekend at the Kotobu Shell Station, Jalan Putatan, Kota Kinabalu for the next Shell 1 Litre Challenge Search. For more information on how to get the most out of your fuel or to register for the Sabah 1 Litre Challenge, visit www.shell.com.my/fuelsave.

user6

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Kuching/Sarawak
Visit site
Re: Sarawak's finalists travelled an average of 20.96km using 1 litre of Shell FuelSa

The winner,Mr George there,actually smashed Fahrin Ahmad's(Shell Malaysia's Ambassador), record of 21.3km/l when the latter was in Germany for the same challenge. . .
The tips from Shell really works in that Challenge. .

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys please help!

After removing the engine head,i realised one of the valve is shaky.Meaning even after tightening it,it has a little freeplay...and this can cause lost of compression and kncking...my mechanic told me that the head needs to be changed...Is there any other way?

I hav a whataspp video in my handphone but dunno how to upload liao..

thx guys:adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience