Saga / Iswara Rear Brake Disc Solution

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
Thanks a lot for the lengthy explanation dude.
That's right, shortening will make you FEEL like it's short pull though the actual biting remains the same.

Need to sit down sometimes with you and have a real chat just on this matter.

True enough, we don't see much jap cars (others even!) that use 4 pot for the rear. Most is 2-pot I assume?

Thanks again dude.

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
Just to share,

Overheard in another forum a guy mentioned the availability of such break shoe for handbrake purpose in the rear disk of a japanese make.

Supertouring rear disk that is.

That makes it one of the good japanese rear disk system, eh?

Anyone with dismantled ST rear disk photos?

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
You can't justify just like that , its just a handbrake mechanism , both cockcrew or brake shoe mechanism works well and there is notting much to compare about , because , brakes which is not on sliding / floating calipers , can't just use the cockcrew mechanism because it couldn't work .

And for a sliding / floating caliper to use the brake shoe mechanism its makes the cost higher , insted of using 2 pairs of pads for the rear , you`ll have 2 pairs of pads & 2 pair of shoes .

Handbrake mainly is for parking , other then that there is not much use for it . It does not help in the overall braking . So how could that justify , its a good japanese disk brake ?

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
vestax said:
You can't justify just like that , its just a handbrake mechanism , both cockcrew or brake shoe mechanism works well and there is notting much to compare about , because , brakes which is not on sliding / floating calipers , can't just use the cockcrew mechanism because it couldn't work .

And for a sliding / floating caliper to use the brake shoe mechanism its makes the cost higher , insted of using 2 pairs of pads for the rear , you`ll have 2 pairs of pads & 2 pair of shoes .

Handbrake mainly is for parking , other then that there is not much use for it . It does not help in the overall braking . So how could that justify , its a good japanese disk brake ?
Err, In my context, for those who seek good handbrake bite while retaining having a disk at the back instead of stock drum.

Lemme retract and rephrase my assumption - this makes it better than Mirage/VR4, in terms of having an extra brake shoe just for handbraking where the other two does not?

Braking power/strength aside. :biggrin:

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
Haha I get where you're going , but lets just face the fact , there is no such thing as extra bite , our cars are not equip with disc brakes , when we do equip them , they are from different car's , that is why , the handbrake problem's come in play , because its not meant for our car's , so it doesn't work 100% .

Like i said if you want the extra bite , calibrate the calipers , it would be good as using drum's . Just that most of us , buy & straight bolt on without even thinking to service the brakes with new repair kits , and recalibrate the handbrake .

Once we have done that , im sure there won't be a real problem . My handbrake works fine after calibrating them . Obviously u need to fork out more money for servicing and stuff , but in the end , its worth it . Do a proper job .

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
1.3 kissa dude said:
ALO vestax.....help me...kat mane bleh dapatkan MUFFLER ori Satria GTI.... :rock:
Uiks? Since when this thread becomes SGTi's Muffler selling point? :tongue:

Wrong thread la dude. Wrong thread.

darkbob

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Johor Bahry
hehe.... wrong thread..

anyways,

Good info bro.. although it is lengthy but it is full of Good info's

I think Perdana is using Disc for braking and drum for parking... but i have not seen a Super Touring Rear Disc yet...

khairulishak

Known Member
Jun 15, 2004
Star Park
Hi all,
i oso use mirage disk for my saga. engine 4g61t. very good but handbrake less grip. Now I know why lor.
Good info every1. Tenkiu.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
very true what vesty said...before this my rear mirage disc brake without proper calibrating for handbrake was utterly useless...u basically can push the car even when the hand brake been pulled...but after getting an advice from our super duper fast car taiko vesty and khoyos in late night at ttdi...i manage to solved the problem....not as grip as using drum but at least now i can park on a slope without having to put a gear to make sure the car stay idle...hehehee

khairulishak

Known Member
Jun 15, 2004
Star Park
Saga Continue said:
very true what vesty said...before this my rear mirage disc brake without proper calibrating for handbrake was utterly useless...u basically can push the car even when the hand brake been pulled...but after getting an advice from our super duper fast car taiko vesty and khoyos in late night at ttdi...i manage to solved the problem....not as grip as using drum but at least now i can park on a slope without having to put a gear to make sure the car stay idle...hehehee
how much the shop will charge for the service arr?? normally laa..

AndyDemarco

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
guys i got a question here.

can a front putra caliper & disc be fitted to an iswara without changing the knuckle?

is the knuckle different?

darkbob

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Johor Bahry
AndyDemarco said:
guys i got a question here.

can a front putra caliper & disc be fitted to an iswara without changing the knuckle?

is the knuckle different?
Bro AndaDemarco,

yes...

you can fit a putra disc and calliper on to an iswara knuckle..

but u need to Bring ur original Iswara knuckles and Putra disc and callipers to machine shop.

there they can do it, i did mine, it cost me around RM 170. for both .. left and right.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guyz, anyone using these? im going to re-valve my shocks but i dunno where the RG official workshop is......or their contact

any clue? :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience