Ryuuken's Celica, The Latest Update

Ryuuken

Known Member

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
hi everyone!!
So i've been gone for quite sometime,and that indicates that my car hasn't been moving..
So the story starts when the car was moving last 2 months or so i cannot recall, after that the same thing happened again.. The rev are unable to pass 3000 RPM. i had to send it to the workshop coz there was an suspected air leak. And fortunately we found out that the Top mount intercooler was cracked.. huge cracked... causing the air to leak out. I did try to find a replacement but unfortunately i failed. It was hard to actually find the exact intercooler needed. Did try to find a caldina intercooler but i failed as well... So i bought this:

I convert it into front mount intercooler using the evo 3 intercooler. it fits kinda perfect.. but it was fatter than before.

The car lives after the piping was made.

After a test drive.. i realize that the lagging was noticable. The turbo lag came in was giving an unpleasant feeling but the power was different than before.
Two days later, the car went haywire and i thought it was giving some shitty problem again.. so it went to the workshop AGAIN to be check and after one by one of the parts was inspected.. we discover that everything from the AFM to cables to TPS and even the sparks were working perfectly.. there was fuel coming out of the rail.. but the question is.. why does it bogging and jerking and sometimes having a hard time starting... this time if you step on the accelerator, the car will just rev to 2000 and come down and go to 2000 again... something sort of spiking... I was extremely sad..not because of the problem.. but because we couldn't find the problem source... After a few weeks of checking harness finally we find out that the ECU had leak.. There was some sort of black mark around the circuit.. Sorry i dont have picture for that.. With a happy face i went out trying to find the same ECU replacement bearing the code 2B280 for my ECU.. I only manage to find the ECU from the older celica but not mine.. My one was completely hard to find.. After asking from 11 suppliers half cut..I was down and almost to a point of giving up.. And i knew i had no choice but to result to my final option.. THIS:

I spent not only on this haltech.. but also i bought a R2D2 BOV, sard fuel regulator as well which both costing around RM900. RM2900 for the Stand alone and RM1400 for the rewiring and also tuning and labor... And with the parts ready.. the only thing i can do is wait another week till my baby is done. And i bought a speed meter just for the fun of it RM210. The custom intercooler piping cost me RM1700 with the intercooler and hoses..

For brother zues83, he did ask my email so that he can actually add me to the celica group.. but i didn't answer before as my ST185 was only a standard one with nothing special in it.
TO ZUES: i'm sorry bro.. now you can add me.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

I really hope that this is the end of my problems and after installing a stand alone.. i hope everything works out find and i have one celica which can be use as a daily drive and awesomely reliable as well.

I wonder how much is the HP gonna be...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
just make sure the tuner is a really good tuner :driver:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
just make sure the tuner is a really good tuner :driver:
Agree, and make sure the tuner is not using your 3sgte as a "white mice". I have seen and heard plenty of cases where the car owners learnt their lesson the bitter (and expensive) way by letting the "expert" tuning the engine......and

Just be careful, as there are too many "expert" these days.
Even ordinary handphone repair guy call himself Handphone Doctor.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
IF capacitor just blew, then the ecu might have a chance to be repaired. I read that there is some dude in zth that could repair ECU....and possibly save the owner some RM....

Ryuuken

Known Member

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
IF capacitor just blew, then the ecu might have a chance to be repaired. I read that there is some dude in zth that could repair ECU....and possibly save the owner some RM....
That..might..be....a problem..i already blow a hole in my pocket with the haltech..hahahhaa...cant believe i actually installing it..

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I have asked before, they said the fluids when the capacitor blew damaged the other components already.
Although, my case is 1JZ's.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
yeah, but at least try to give a leash of another life of the ECU if can be repaired........before buying Haltech.

Manyak mahal Haltech wor......unless pocket is thick with cash....

Ryuuken

Known Member

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
In my case,the ecu was already damage due to the leak..it got me wondering how come it could actually leak..any info? And i wanna ask if anyone have experience or sell NRG quick release before? Any bad cases? Im maybe interested in getting one.

Ryuuken

Known Member

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
After going through agony and pain! My car was FINALLY DONE!! Not done as in die but done as in the whole process of repairing was complete! I went through hell trying to get my baby back on track.
And just few moments ago the DYNO result came to me.
The car was producing 241 HP on engine plus 321.3 Nm Torque on engine as well.
From the stock standard of 224HP on engine (that's what toyota claim) and 309Nm (they claim also).
My strong point is not on the increase of the horsepower but it is the smoothness of the engine now.
Here's the whole SPEC of my car since day 1 till today:

Intake:
-BMC Twin Air Open Pod Filter with intake piping.
-Custom piping done by Senmon Shah Alam (Filter to turbo to intercooler to manifold)

Exhaust:
-2.5 inch piping from exhaust manifold to the muffler. S-Flow not Straight Flow.
-Kakimoto Exhaust

Turbo and Forced Induction:
-Stock Twin Entry CT26 Turbo
-SARD R2D2 BOV
-Boost Up to 0.7 Bar no longer 0.6

Fuel Regulator:
-Sard 'Small' Fuel Regulator

Electronics:
-HALTECH Platinum Sport 500
-PIVOT Speed Meter V

Ignition:
-Individual Coil taken from a Toyota Vios (no longer using cable plugs)

Cooling System:
-Standard Radiator
-Evo 3 Intercooler

ICE:
-In my previous post, i forgot.

Transmission:
-E153 MR2 Gearbox.
-1.5 way LSD from Toyota which came with the gearbox.
-Running full time Front Wheel drive.

I think thats about it.... i guess...
Oh and the best part:
RM10 RON95 Petronas could go for 35-37KM with occasionally boost on.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
After going through agony and pain! My car was FINALLY DONE!! Not done as in die but done as in the whole process of repairing was complete! I went through hell trying to get my baby back on track.
And just few moments ago the DYNO result came to me.
The car was producing 241 HP on engine plus 321.3 Nm Torque on engine as well.
From the stock standard of 224HP on engine (that's what toyota claim) and 309Nm (they claim also).
My strong point is not on the increase of the horsepower but it is the smoothness of the engine now.
Here's the whole SPEC of my car since day 1 till today:

Intake:
-BMC Twin Air Open Pod Filter with intake piping.
-Custom piping done by Senmon Shah Alam (Filter to turbo to intercooler to manifold)

Exhaust:
-2.5 inch piping from exhaust manifold to the muffler. S-Flow not Straight Flow.
-Kakimoto Exhaust

Turbo and Forced Induction:
-Stock Twin Entry CT26 Turbo
-SARD R2D2 BOV
-Boost Up to 0.7 Bar no longer 0.6

Fuel Regulator:
-Sard 'Small' Fuel Regulator

Electronics:
-HALTECH Platinum Sport 500
-PIVOT Speed Meter V

Ignition:
-Individual Coil taken from a Toyota Vios (no longer using cable plugs)

Cooling System:
-Standard Radiator
-Evo 3 Intercooler

ICE:
-In my previous post, i forgot.

Transmission:
-E153 MR2 Gearbox.
-1.5 way LSD from Toyota which came with the gearbox.
-Running full time Front Wheel drive.

I think thats about it.... i guess...
Oh and the best part:
RM10 RON95 Petronas could go for 35-37KM with occasionally boost on.
RON95 ftw! Did u purposely tune it for RON95?
I'm eyeing a turboed 3SGE with 0.9bar. 250whp & 323nm. Yum yum. It can do RM90 <450km.
Srsly, the Vios coil pack can provide sufficient sparks?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
HALTECH Platinum Sport 500 and tuned.....with added 20 hp only?

or was it 200hp?
:biggrin:

Ryuuken

Known Member

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Im not really sure coz when i ask people,they will say the manufacturer will always claim more than it is..and then possibly the power they claim was coming from the engine alone,not after it was inside the body with the trans attached.
Eyeing on a gt28 ball bearing now.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Yes,the vois coil pack produce enough spark. I even have the toyota celica seven gen coil pack incase any shit happens..but ao far it os sufficient.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I love to experiment over the engine, gearbox, suspension systems, intake and exhaust systems (many of these are in the past)
I was at auto shop today (from home went across the whole town at 7th March to buy gifts and presents), went there, especially at the same time was looking for slush, found)) bought today, and, so for not waiting for too long I filled it directly near the shop!

Everything is on the photo and video...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience