Rusting found in brand new Vios?

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
I am thinking the worst now, u'r ori parts were taken out & replaced wit & oem 1, theres a lot of diff in price tag when it's stated "original parts". maybe just go to a showroom & snap a pic of the car underneath & compare wit u'rs. by all means check warranty/guarantee if it's covered @ not, if not do d.i.y repaint/respray. make sure to neutralize the rust, look for zinc/galvanize coating spray & cover wit hi-temp spray. don't forget all the place where there's welding is used around it too.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Probably they never expect you to go under the car to inspect......hhahahhahahaha
I'm just too much of a car freak. Always curious to see those technical bits inside a car. See how the rear suspension look like, how the exhaust look like, what tyre size, tyre brand and so on. :stupid:

I am thinking the worst now, u'r ori parts were taken out & replaced wit & oem 1, theres a lot of diff in price tag when it's stated "original parts". maybe just go to a showroom & snap a pic of the car underneath & compare wit u'rs. by all means check warranty/guarantee if it's covered @ not, if not do d.i.y repaint/respray. make sure to neutralize the rust, look for zinc/galvanize coating spray & cover wit hi-temp spray. don't forget all the place where there's welding is used around it too.
It'll look a bit stupid if I go to the showroom and look under the car like that. But that is a good idea though. Its just that I dint have the chance to visit the showroom yet.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If they tell things like every model is same like this, then how?
Depends. If it's my car or my family members car I'd insist on a warranty change. If they refuse and the T&C shows that it's under warranty I'd submit a complaint to HQ with pictures and claims, and if still no action - tribunal.

If it's someone elses car then I'd ask that someone else how much trouble they want to go through to claim.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Made in Asean Countries, sure will be OEM parts already. Mostly are local contents of that country of manufacture....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

It'll look a bit stupid if I go to the showroom and look under the car like that. But that is a good idea though. Its just that I dint have the chance to visit the showroom yet.
Not the showroom show car, because probably that will be in better condition. See those normal for sale car, test car and so on....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Depends. If it's my car or my family members car I'd insist on a warranty change. If they refuse and the T&C shows that it's under warranty I'd submit a complaint to HQ with pictures and claims, and if still no action - tribunal.

If it's someone elses car then I'd ask that someone else how much trouble they want to go through to claim.
It's my family member's car. I'll tell my family about this and see what they want to do.

Made in Asean Countries, sure will be OEM parts already. Mostly are local contents of that country of manufacture....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

Not the showroom show car, because probably that will be in better condition. See those normal for sale car, test car and so on....:driver:
Okay, will go and take a look if family decide to complain about it.

could be your car was parked in the stock yard with overgrown lalang that's wat caused the rust.
Actually this car is taken from Sitiawan. No idea how the stock yard looks like. Far from where I live.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
could be your car was parked in the stock yard with overgrown lalang that's wat caused the rust.
Vios not fast moving one meh!......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

It's my family member's car. I'll tell my family about this and see what they want to do.

Okay, will go and take a look if family decide to complain about it.

Actually this car is taken from Sitiawan. No idea how the stock yard looks like. Far from where I live.
Shop in Sitiawan, but car probably from Shah Alam factory. Either by transport truck or driver driven....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Vios not fast moving one meh!......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Shop in Sitiawan, but car probably from Shah Alam factory. Either by transport truck or driver driven....:driver:
What I am thinking is, since Sitiawan is close to the sea, it could be the reason that caused this rusting. I have no idea how long this car has been at there before it is purchased. As far as I know, this car arrived at my home in less than a week after signing the forms, papers and documents for the purchase. So, the car could be parked at the stock yard for quite long ago.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
even if u complaint at service centre, most probably they'll just spray on the rust.
no replacement will be done...reason given is rust is only on the surface.

so are u willing to wait half/whole day just to get it sprayed?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I'm just too much of a car freak. Always curious to see those technical bits inside a car. See how the rear suspension look like, how the exhaust look like, what tyre size, tyre brand and so on. :stupid:

U won't look stupid if u dun think that way. Cuz that's what u think and not others :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
even if u complaint at service centre, most probably they'll just spray on the rust.
no replacement will be done...reason given is rust is only on the surface.

so are u willing to wait half/whole day just to get it sprayed?
Don't worry, I'm not the one waiting as I am not the owner. But waiting for half a day just to get a small spray doesn't seem worth the time.

U won't look stupid if u dun think that way. Cuz that's what u think and not others :biggrin:
Positive motivation indeed, haha. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Don't worry, I'm not the one waiting as I am not the owner. But waiting for half a day just to get a small spray doesn't seem worth the time.

Positive motivation indeed, haha. :biggrin:
Not motivation la, is dont be too self-conscious, makes life more relaxing haha

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That depends on who the owner is. For us DIY kakis, we will definitely do our own if small matter rather then waste half/whole day, but there are many who won't touch these stuff, so for sure they will send back to SC...:smokin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I looked underneath my sis car. Yes the supports are rusty. I would probably just spray it with high temp spray. Unless my sis doesnt mind waiting at SC.