Rubber coating for rubber trim

diyrubberpaint.com

Jan 2, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I am wondering if I can apply this coating on my car rubber trim especially those around the windows. However, the spray goes over a large area, so could I spray into a can then apply the coat by brush on the trim?

Yeah, I did consider this but this was my final option if I couldn't get my rubber trims looking good more permenantly. I used Aerospace 303 before. Good but not so permenant. Need to reapply every 3 to 4 weeks.
you can just cover the edge of the rubber trim with masking tape and spray the rubber paint around it. once done, just remove the masking tape and peel the unwanted rubber paint.

btw, i think if use rubber paint also will not give you permanent fix as it will last 2-3 years based on the manufacturer guarantee. If you are lucky, it can last more than that.

For permanent fix, maybe u can just change those rubber trim. go to any windscreen repair workshop and they shall able to change them.

Last edited:

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
you can just cover the edge of the rubber trim with masking tape and spray the rubber paint around it. once done, just remove the masking tape and peel the unwanted rubber paint.

btw, i think if use rubber paint also will not give you permanent fix as it will last 2-3 years based on the manufacturer guarantee. If you are lucky, it can last more than that.

For permanent fix, maybe u can just change those rubber trim. go to any windscreen repair workshop and they shall able to change them.
Thanks. What I meant by "more permanent" is longer than a few months. Even if I have to reapply the treatment after one year, this is fine with me because this will be better than what I was doing before.

jonlsl

Jun 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks. What I meant by "more permanent" is longer than a few months. Even if I have to reapply the treatment after one year, this is fine with me because this will be better than what I was doing before.
Bro cbsteh try using vinegar to remove the water spots first. Then once clean and dry I suggest you use Vaseline and apply working into the rubber. See if it works for you. I learnt this from a Porsche owners manual. :proud:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey... couldn't find anyone asking if tufoil mix well with mobil1 5w fully synthetic oil.... also how would tufoil affect the turbo cooling. coz my turbo is both oil and water cooled. hope i get a scientific answer that would clear my doubts and take a plunge to try out tufoil ;)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience