Rotors + Service Calipers

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Ok the situation now is , current Caliper Pistons seems to jammed one side alrdy , on the passenger side , and since the disc also can't be skimmed no more , i decided to change all 4 rotors , brake pads and service all the calipers ...

problem is i don't know what are the OEM brands for my rotors so i did a search ... in which i found a few brands which are

BOSCH(standard) - RM70/pc for front and RM60/pc for rear
TRW(standard) - RM110/pc for front and RM100/pc for rear
IMP Formula(Cross Drilled) - RM190/pc for front and rear , including installation

well i'm on a 4g93p engine , which i only uses to go fast uphill but not downhill , so imo i think Normal Rotors are good for me ...
And of course budget is one thing as well ...

so sifus here maybe who have tried the brand above give me some opinion , i would prefer to keep everything under Rm1000 for

-disc rotors
-brake pads
-all 4 calipers serviced
-installation and
-steel braided which is a bonus of course ...

thank you:driver:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i had the same problem like u twice, my twin pot calipers was jammed....
the 1st time i bought the piston service kit, the 2nd time happened again, the piston in the calipers was jammed try to pump it out but failed...after trying for 1 hr, my mech gave up & told me to go search for new 2nd hand calipers...i went but failed...actually not...i didnt buy cos its bloody expensive, to i told him......y not use your compressor (since he does aircond servicing as well), so he chose a nut & screw to mount it to the caliper & another to the compressor....close the other side as well.......after a few secs, the piston came out, sounded like when u pop a champagne....so i save a couple of hundred bucks on buying another caliper....

so u must ensure yr mech allign the piston properly together with the seals before putting it back....if not it will get stuck in the future....

for your rotors, u could try BREMBO MAX (already crossed drilled)...costs rm400 for 1 pair something like that, if budget, just cross drill your current rotors.
brake pads, use EBC yellow or green stuff. will cost u more, but puas hati la...less brake dust..so yr rims wont get dirty easily.
not sure bout the price....
calipers - bout rm20-30 for the seals per side..so u times 4.
workmanship - maybe approx rm150-200....do all at 1 time..
braided hose - pro RS but not sure bout the price. rm150++ i think.

btw, do your research in mudah.my 1st....at least u have an estimation of the price for your items.

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
i had the same problem like u twice, my twin pot calipers was jammed....
the 1st time i bought the piston service kit, the 2nd time happened again, the piston in the calipers was jammed try to pump it out but failed...after trying for 1 hr, my mech gave up & told me to go search for new 2nd hand calipers...i went but failed...actually not...i didnt buy cos its bloody expensive, to i told him......y not use your compressor (since he does aircond servicing as well), so he chose a nut & screw to mount it to the caliper & another to the compressor....close the other side as well.......after a few secs, the piston came out, sounded like when u pop a champagne....so i save a couple of hundred bucks on buying another caliper....

so u must ensure yr mech allign the piston properly together with the seals before putting it back....if not it will get stuck in the future....

for your rotors, u could try BREMBO MAX (already crossed drilled)...costs rm400 for 1 pair something like that, if budget, just cross drill your current rotors.
brake pads, use EBC yellow or green stuff. will cost u more, but puas hati la...less brake dust..so yr rims wont get dirty easily.
not sure bout the price....
calipers - bout rm20-30 for the seals per side..so u times 4.
workmanship - maybe approx rm150-200....do all at 1 time..
braided hose - pro RS but not sure bout the price. rm150++ i think.

btw, do your research in mudah.my 1st....at least u have an estimation of the price for your items.
actually the price i alrdy have in my hand , now just wanna get a trustworthy foreman to do the servicing , brakes are important

and brembo max is suitable for me , budget constraint , and no need to drilled le , let it be like that , not like going track every now and then ...

thanks anyway ...

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Go to EA motorsports ...look for Drexchan zth member and he does great work. I think he has the imp rotors on sale. Reliable trader and good workmanship.