Ron95

ston3r

Known Member
Jul 19, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
I have feedbacks from some Altezza owners that Shell V-Power is not good for our car and you are paying extra for nothing. Seems Petronas petrol is of better quality and will not cause knocking in our engine...go figure:hmmmm:
yes, it's true that v-power isn't good for the 3SGE engine as it causes knocking. For me, I've been using Esso/Mobil since I got the car, with the occassional Primax3 or Shell Super once in a while. Oh well, only a few more days before the nationwide roll out. :driver:

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
yes, it's true that v-power isn't good for the 3SGE engine as it causes knocking. For me, I've been using Esso/Mobil since I got the car, with the occassional Primax3 or Shell Super once in a while. Oh well, only a few more days before the nationwide roll out. :driver:

Weird huh? shell v-power invites engine knocking?..Is there any facts that can sapport this claim?...Cuz i used this fuel all the way, my stended daily driven waja, my vtec engine, my ex- 4g93 high compress engine..It all perform well, no knocking watsoever...it even perform better on my stended waja One drawback though....Finish faster than other brand fuel...hehehe THIS is proven lerr..mmg cpt abis..hehehe..

davidgm16

Known Member
Dec 20, 2005
i'm trying my 1st tank of ron95 today.. used up half tank now, so far so good. didn't feel a significant power reduce so far and didn't feel any weird feeling from the engine...

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Weird huh? shell v-power invites engine knocking?..Is there any facts that can sapport this claim?...Cuz i used this fuel all the way, my stended daily driven waja, my vtec engine, my ex- 4g93 high compress engine..It all perform well, no knocking watsoever...it even perform better on my stended waja One drawback though....Finish faster than other brand fuel...hehehe THIS is proven lerr..mmg cpt abis..hehehe..
isn't the higher RON level has more anti-knock elements to prevent engine knocking ??
normally ppl chg to higher RON level because lower RON value creates knocking ....

anyhow i'll try ron95 also after this current tank utilised.

vastalux

Known Member
Feb 7, 2007
i just fill my tank with ron95 yesterday. and its resulting some problem to my engine. very loud knocking sound. and the best thing there's no more station sell ron97 here (in bintulu). wtf...i worry my engine will blow up later..

by the way i'm using toyota celica gts 7th..

altezza8448

Aug 14, 2007
isn't the higher RON level has more anti-knock elements to prevent engine knocking ??
normally ppl chg to higher RON level because lower RON value creates knocking ....

anyhow i'll try ron95 also after this current tank utilised.
Fellow Bros,

Do let us know the outcome from various oil companies on the performance of the RON95. I too am considering to use but afraid of engine damage and to make things worst, some petrol station doesn't carry the old RON97. I normally use Petronas Primax 3 fill up at my normal station at Subang Airport (after the NKVE Toll) but when there last Sunday and there's no more RON97 for sale. :banghead:
I'm afraid that if I continue with my RON97 it would be a real hassle to find filling station. :rofl:

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Fellow Bros,

Do let us know the outcome from various oil companies on the performance of the RON95. I too am considering to use but afraid of engine damage and to make things worst, some petrol station doesn't carry the old RON97. I normally use Petronas Primax 3 fill up at my normal station at Subang Airport (after the NKVE Toll) but when there last Sunday and there's no more RON97 for sale. :banghead:
I'm afraid that if I continue with my RON97 it would be a real hassle to find filling station. :rofl:
Most petrol station stock ron95 only... having hard time find more stations with ron97.

Quick poll.. if ur tank is empty and enter a SHELL petrol stations.. find out it offers
ron95 and v-power only.. which will u pump ??
1. ron95 ?
2. v-power ?

can we all contribute and state here which area and which petrol station stock RON97 ?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
this morning my wife having hard time finding ron97, so no choice put in rm20 of ron95 .. she used to pump Petronas fuel & call me earlier to complain the car felt no power.. previously she just need to lightly tap the oil paddle the car can go d... now need to press more... so i think at the end also used up same cost of fuel....
btw, she just drive a myvi..... :(....

Last edited:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
You should be able to get ron97 in Mobil\Esso and Caltex. Some shell have Ron 97.

Petronas only carry ron95...... smart move.....:stupid:

My tank is still on ron 97. Once run dry I will put in ron 95 RM10 just to see the feeling.
If ok may consider using it permanantly. if not will stick to Ron 97.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
VJ, is it confirm Petronas ONLY carries ron95 (primax95) ?
if confirm, then no need even drive in any of petronas station to try my luck d..

i advice my wife pump in rm20 to test first, and that's later she called me to told me the car felt underpower.

coriolis

Known Member
Jul 9, 2008
Can't say Petronas only carries RON95.. I was pumping on RON97 (Primax 3) on the highway last night.

My personal experience (1 full tank of RON95)
- Didn't notice the performance loss, but change back to RON97 and the difference is obvious.
- My car occasionally jerks, shudders, the engine chokes and slow down and slowly die, with the check engine light on and trc light blinking. stopping by and restarting the engine and thingswent to normal. Happened to me like 3 times in only 1 full tank.

My advice? Try 1 full tank of RON95 first. It may work for you, but it definitely doesn't work for me.

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Bernard,
Thanks for the update..........Must try today and see if got any effect.:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

According to a leading Japanese business paper, Subaru is planning CVT transmissions for all models after the 2008-09 business year.

The Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun says that Subaru will fit CVT to its next-generation Legacy starting in 2009, with other models progressively getting the transmission thereafter.

Subaru soldiers on with its perennial quest to cut the fuel thirst of its horizontally-opposed engines...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience