Ron95

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
High compression cars, turbocharged cars or supercharged better use back RON97 because RON95 will be less resistance to detonation. For normal road going cars RON95 ok lah but like EVO, Scooby, GTR, Supra, EK, DCs, EPs..etc..better don't go RON95. I don't dare to try because if sekali boom habis the engine...no one will pay for us. Sendiri tanggung....

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
thats why, i hate when the press announced it is as good as ron97 and of high quality...total "tahi kerbau" la....

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
thats why, i hate when the press announced it is as good as ron97 and of high quality...total "tahi kerbau" la....
never trust any statement make by politician,they are only good in bullshiting. Best is stay status quo,use whatever you already think is right for your car.

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
better to pay a little bit more on better fuel than paying thousands later on your engine, aye?

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
The proposed new grade of RON95 is, nevertheless, a good compromise and should be fine for the majority of cars on Malaysian roads. This grade has been a popular one with Japanese manufacturers, possibly because in Japan, their Regular grade has been RON95 for a long time.
can anybody clarify this.. maybe altezza should be fine by RON95? i dont know...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
mokh, to answer your doubts.

<o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="country-region"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><style>st1\:* { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#ieooui) } </style><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:SimSun; panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1;} @font-face {font-family:Tahoma; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;} @font-face {font-family:"\@SimSun"; panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline;} span.EmailStyle17 {mso-style-type:personal-compose; font-family:Arial; color:windowtext;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style>Hi Joe,

We can buy only two grade and disel at gas station.

Regular: 85-92 octane JPY 117/L
Premium: 98-100 octane JPY 125/L

I am using:
Premium for Harley-Davidson and my son's Kawasaki KX85(racing motorcycle).
Regular for Honda STWGN, Mitubishi-i and other motorcycle.

Regards,
Takayuki Hayase

This is what my Japanese friend answered me. I'm still asking him further questions. But from his mail I think that normal cars in Japan are also running on Regular fuel. Only those high performance bike or cars that need to run on Premium.

zackdihaw

Sep 23, 2006
I used my altezza(RS200) 2 years in Japan b4 bringing it back here.Once in a while my wife would mistakenly filled it up with regular fuel (ron92).nothing got broken whatsoever but, i could feel less pick-up power when accelerating and of course more fuel consumption. I checked with some toyota guys who did the maintenance and they told me that it wont ruined the engine cause theres something in the engine (cant remember the name) that will send fuel info to the cpu and it will calculate and reset the fuel system automatically.but of course u wont get the same performances with when ur using higher ron fuel.

In our japanese manual it is stated that RS200 needs Premium Fuel and AS200 can be filled up with Regulars. It doesnt state what rons to use. In japan that is ron92 for regulars and ron98 for premium. but some say that m'sian fuel has better ron grades(additives) than what they have in japan, which might means that ron95 is good enough and can be considered as Premium Fuel. Ive been filling up my altezza with ron97 (all brands) since i got back here (2 years already) and had no problems at all with my performances. with ron95...still no experience yet.

Anyway, ive email toyota japan (a friend still works there) and got a reply that they will look in it and find out if ron95 is ok with RS200....ill update here if anything comes up.

Bump: I used my altezza(RS200) 2 years in Japan b4 bringing it back here.Once in a while my wife would mistakenly filled it up with regular fuel (ron92).nothing got broken whatsoever but, i could feel less pick-up power when accelerating and of course more fuel consumption. I checked with some toyota guys who did the maintenance and they told me that it wont ruined the engine cause theres something in the engine (cant remember the name) that will send fuel info to the cpu and it will calculate and reset the fuel system automatically.but of course u wont get the same performances with when ur using higher ron fuel.

In our japanese manual it is stated that RS200 needs Premium Fuel and AS200 can be filled up with Regulars. It doesnt state what rons to use. In japan that is ron92 for regulars and ron98 for premium. but some say that m'sian fuel has better ron grades(additives) than what they have in japan, which might means that ron95 is good enough and can be considered as Premium Fuel. Ive been filling up my altezza with ron97 (all brands) since i got back here (2 years already) and had no problems at all with my performances. with ron95...still no experience yet.

Anyway, ive email toyota japan (a friend still works there) and got a reply that they will look in it and find out if ron95 is ok with RS200....ill update here if anything comes up.

gti-wly

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
putrajaya
last few weeks i've fill up my altezza with shell v-power for full tank. drove back and forth KL-Seremban.. i noticed that the engine have some knocking.. not sure whether the fuel or what not i did noticed it during that time. normally i only fill up with primax3..

any of you guys having the same problem? does i need to tune back/reset the ECU to have it running correctly with v-power?

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
I have feedbacks from some Altezza owners that Shell V-Power is not good for our car and you are paying extra for nothing. Seems Petronas petrol is of better quality and will not cause knocking in our engine...go figure:hmmmm:

jasonchee98

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
guys... since september is nearby, just would like to check whether can our rs200 use RON95 petrol?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

When looking at oversea selling Motul 800 road racing 2T for +-US$17 and we are getting it at +-RM133 per bottle, I think it is too much. So, I'm wondering if volume can bring down the price a bit. Mix product purchasing also can, like x bottle of different engine oil + x bottle of different 2T.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience