Ron95

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Yong_5290,
u were saying perhaps can use management to retard timing.
i'd say the 'idea' is a bit naive. yes, of course u can use management to control that, BUT
i don't think that even worth the management. if i were to have management in my car,
i'd use it for other better purpose, NOT just for using it to compensate the timing because of using
ron95. and one fine day if u decided to use back ron97 (IF later gov down the prices.. * in all's dream * ), u gonna go set the timing again ? why the hassle ?

if one can spent few hundreds/thousands bucks in upgrades of his/her car, and yet want to save
the tiny-winny $ to use ron95, then i dono what to say already... hahaha
maybe one word 'Bengong"
You are right on the nose Mike...I would have ask the same question like you too. Why spend money on an ECU management system and pump low grade petrol in my car. The reason I spend money on mods like electronic management system, headers, air filters etc... is too extract more torque and increase bhp on my car. Why would I defeat all this by pumping in lower grade petrol.
YES..you can run the engine on RON95..but knocking will occur at high rev ie. when u floor the pedal.
I have a PowerFC installed in my car and YES I can have the timing retarded or tune to compensate for the RON95 petrol. But what is the point of spending money on the mods and tuning and in the end compromise on the end result. So I only use RON 97 and am not going to risk experimenting and waiting for the outcome of using RON 95..but at the end of the day it really depends on the owner.
Just my humble opinion.....:biggrin:

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
in the nut shell, i quote greytezza
"The reason I spend money on mods like electronic management system, headers, air filters etc... is too extract more torque and increase bhp on my car. Why would I defeat all this by pumping in lower grade petrol."

big, loud and clear enough.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
actually i juz asking for fun as i would like to know from those running ron95
i presonally will run on ron97 if i get altezza coz of the engine's natural high compression

3sgTe is turbo charged,and turbo engines run on low compression

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
actually i juz asking for fun as i would like to know from those running ron95
i presonally will run on ron97 if i get altezza coz of the engine's natural high compression
Yong_5290..I see you are a very senior zth member with around 2,582 posts and I should call you taikor already. So in that sense I believe you are a very knowledgeable car enthusiast and becos of that I believe wfhan is a little rile by your question here..:biggrin:

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
apa la.. use too deep english i don't understand..the 'rile rile' word gua-beh-hiao.
i only understand manglish.. or pasar english ...

haha.. no la... not say angry or what.
if u are noob in car, and upgrading from some noob car to altezza,
then i can see the point u asked the question. but if u r a car person
and u hv been around in the zth scene for quite some time, then
i cannot excuse it lor..

:P... haha...

after 1 more week, we'll be stepping into 2011,
any car would have grown another year older, so 2000yo car can be
consider 11yo in bank terms liao.. fast fast decide.

jasonchee98

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
guys... since it's been a while. I would like to know whether majority is still sticking to RON97 or change to RON95? any issue with RON95 so far with 3sge?

hulkv6tt

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
same as mike ...no issue....more than 9 month use

TopSecret

Nov 25, 2003
no problem, been using RON95 long time during the period ron97 price rise from 2.10 to RM2.30

jasonchee98

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
i see. good to hear that. Thanks gents. :) u guys run with stock tuning or with some fine-tuning ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hai all for proton 1.3 & 1.5 driver....:wavey:

What else can we do to upgrade this engine become more powerful....either than convert to the highest capacity engine.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience