roadtax printed date faded.

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
have anyone experience this?
mine all the printed date on the roadtax faded. cannot see anymore.
its already half a year. still have another half year to go.

so what im supposed to do?
i always bring along the receipt (backing paper of the roadtax) scared if got roadblock.

[s]UpErNoVa

Known Member
Feb 8, 2006
can alwiz go back to JPJ n print a replacement roadtax bro.. i did b4 last time..

razr_sped

Known Member
Jun 30, 2006
i also hav mine faded...
think after around 4 month aquiring de sticker...
kena a few road blok...but i jus crap tat my 1 new car lah...
i student lah...(got uni car park sticker der to verify)
tis lah tat lah...lucky they let me pass...
jpj think got special light to see, even faded 1 s i didnt encounter much prob with jpjs...onli pdrm 1

anyway jus incase i also carry a photocopied aroung...
but going to renew dy...so didnt bother much to change...

Last edited by a moderator:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Yup, tinted will extend the roadtax ink life..hehe..
Mine last time didnt make any tinting and it fade away..
So..I take the old 1 and screw JPJ..hehe..

Last edited:

cooldog

Aug 9, 2006
just don't park your car under the sun so much lo. n I got fren stick the road tax disc on a clear wrapping paper, those v use to cover our school textbook, then use tape to stick it on the screen. if he park his car under the sun for a long time, he will keep the road tax on the glove box, n stick it back when he use the car. I'm using this method too, and it works.

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
hmm.. maybe depends on printer also.
my bro also last time faded. both did at nilai pos office.

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
if im not mistaken,the 1st batch of this kinda roadtax is the best,last longer than others..even the adhesive.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
You can go to JPJ, bring your receipt or the cut out copy of the roadtax and get it replaced for free.

I've seen my colleague doing the same thing, that is to paste it in a cardboard and just use a simple tape to stick it on the windscreen. That'll ensure the roadtax don't destroy your tint when it expires. Last time i had a tough time removing the old road tax as it was too sticky and due to prolong exposure to the sun, the adhesives hardened up and it screwed up my tint. So i think its a good idea to put it in a cardboard and use a less strong adhesive to paste it on your windscreen.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
The best thing is laminate your roadtax..hehe..I m doing it now..
Did any1 done it..?
Dun know wether its legal or not but touch wood to say till now roadblock no problem...hehe..

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Actually its illegal. The whole idea of having a roadtax with adhesive is that people don't take out the road tax and switch between different cars.

But if you laminate it, and if you're stopped at a roadblock, i suppose you can plead for leniency coz its not like you didn't pay, just that you're worried it'll fade or tear off. I think JPJ will let you go.

I had this crazy colleague ones. His roadtax faded beyond recognition and he was practically driving without roadtax for over 6 months. He's one hell of a lazy bastard and there was once we were stopped by police and my colleague calmly told the police it faded and he'll get a new once replaced, whereas actually it expired and it faded at the sametime. I got a shocked when he told me the truth and i told him off to get it done coz its dangerous if he gets into accident or whatever.

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
if u guys have problem to take it off from ur tinted windscreen,u may use hair dryer to heat it up slowly (becareful dun spoil ur tinted film) when the adhesion weak,peel it off.

hope tis could help

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
hm. thanx for the tip 5115.
my friend roadtax sticked to his tinted windscreen. might be able to help him remove the roadtax.

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
u r welcome,i believe the adhesive on the roadtax will be easier deform than our tinted film but becareful while u doing tis.

hope tis could help

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
so what im supposed to do?
Do nothing. It's the JPJ's problem for printing out such lousy quality stuff. Mine's also faded like crap and when the 5-0 (police) took a look at it at a road block, he had to look longer. hahaha

i always bring along the receipt (backing paper of the roadtax) scared if got roadblock.
Dang. Why'd you have to that. hahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

where and roughly how much if i wanna rewrap/repair my steering...

sigh..

thanks =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience