Road Tax, Insurance, Puspakom

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
Hi Guys,

Time for me to renew my roadtax. Do any of you have contacts to get insurance for the old sw20? :) mine is 1992/1996.
Please do PM me the contact number for any agents you know who can take this car.

Last resort is to go to MMIP. Any of you taking this now? is it necessary to get the car inspected in puspakom?

Thanks for any advice.

graham_flag

Known Member
Feb 13, 2009
Hi Guys,

Time for me to renew my roadtax. Do any of you have contacts to get insurance for the old sw20? :) mine is 1992/1996.
Please do PM me the contact number for any agents you know who can take this car.

Last resort is to go to MMIP. Any of you taking this now? is it necessary to get the car inspected in puspakom?

Thanks for any advice.
1. yes i do. i reckon any of the agents can do. whats the prob bro?
2. MMIP? i dont think so. Its for taxi and junk like that
3. if the roadtax is not renewed for quite a time, probably it is. if not the case, you may renew it as usual.

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
1. yes i do. i reckon any of the agents can do. whats the prob bro?
2. MMIP? i dont think so. Its for taxi and junk like that
3. if the roadtax is not renewed for quite a time, probably it is. if not the case, you may renew it as usual.
1. Insurance do not cover for cars older than 15 years. Just checked the registration card, my car is 20 years old!!! 1990 :)

I already found an agent who can assist. The cheapest option will be to just take 3rd party cover.

yn_hell

Known Member
Jul 27, 2005
Petaling Jaya
1. Insurance do not cover for cars older than 15 years. Just checked the registration card, my car is 20 years old!!! 1990 :)

I already found an agent who can assist. The cheapest option will be to just take 3rd party cover.
try kurnia, they take all shit... (cos i am using them as well)

SanPatsu

May 15, 2006
have the same situation here....could plz give the agent contact number....

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
Got my insurance done and got to know a great agent :) thanks to andersen.

They only needed the old cover note and the registration card. No need puspakom and what's great is that i got comprehensive cover for the same price as 3rd party cover !!!

Unfortunately, i got ahead of myself and brought my car for puspakom inspection and wasted rm50 :P They almost had me tear off my tinting! Luckily i decided to take my chances and let them fail my windows.

Also, just a word of caution, the engine number is almost hidden on the engine block. It took quite a long time for the officer to locate it and even that, i am not sure if he really found it or just pretended to see it :P I can imagine if that guy would be really strict, he will fail that as well.

Just sharing ;) cheers.

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
Is it true that at 20 years old, our car shall not get anymore first party coverage? I've asked around and a few insurance agencies said so, even if its a 20 year old Ferrari?? From what I understand, at 20 years old, the car can only be insured third party!! Anyone got some info otherwise?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can we put a t.timer on n/a engine ?

planing to do turbo , i wn fix a front mount intercooler on kancil can?

plan to look like stock without scoop
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience