Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Sound too good to be true. My wira paint shop rm2.7k.
That 1.2k is normal price in Melaka too. Not sure what process involved, maybe just like what minibeany said. Once of my colleague just painted his wira around that price too. Looks ok to me but not sure how long will last.

Not to long ago +-RM800 is the price for 'used car paint job'. This will last about 1-2 years.

sweelt

2,000 RPM

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Rm1.2k you can think the quality of the paint....primer....all cheap one so.....sure the whole price will be cheap.
How long can it last that is the question.
Depend on how ur car exposure to nature.
I got old sentra which paint cost 1k, fast job 6 day. Everyday expose to rain, sun and sugar dust. 2 yrs can see paint pop and crack.
Car not park under roof too , no garage queen.

alcyon

500 RPM

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
When painting your car, watch out for the seam gaps. The paintshop guys might just gosok, and paint over the seams, causing water to seep through the damaged sealers. If you notice water getting in your car cabin or trunk, that's the best time to pinpoint it and fix it before painting.

Reactions: minibeany and Izso

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I am just wondering abt paint quantity requirement for my waja...how many liters of clear coat will it need?
Thinking of painting it with a fresh coat of silver and sealing it with glasurit clear coat.
Most area are still good...only the C-pillar,boot and roof edges are showing its age by turning into Nardo Grey-like silver..hahaha.

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
I am just wondering abt paint quantity requirement for my waja...how many liters of clear coat will it need?
Thinking of painting it with a fresh coat of silver and sealing it with glasurit clear coat.
Most area are still good...only the C-pillar,boot and roof edges are showing its age by turning into Nardo Grey-like silver..hahaha.
Depend on budget i guess?

Mine trunk paint also start to crack hahahahhahaha.

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wire update

After my car had done top overhaul for 4month the car is running good.

But sometimes when I open my hood and do some cleaning, I saw some dry oil around the oil cap. Not sure is the oil cap is worn out of other thing...

My colleague told me that the piston ring might worn out bla bla bla something like that causing the oil leak out from the oil cap.

I will buy a new oil cap and see does the problem still come out or not.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wire update

After my car had done top overhaul for 4month the car is running good.

But sometimes when I open my hood and do some cleaning, I saw some dry oil around the oil cap. Not sure is the oil cap is worn out of other thing...

My colleague told me that the piston ring might worn out bla bla bla something like that causing the oil leak out from the oil cap.

I will buy a new oil cap and see does the problem still come out or not.
I have been teaching some wira owner on the oil cap. Is probably the rubber gasket is old or worn. What you can do is centralized the cap then reverse lock a bit, if helps to tighten it a bit more. Try it, so far mine on the VR is ok, so are a few wira owners who did it.....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I have been teaching some wira owner on the oil cap. Is probably the rubber gasket is old or worn. What you can do is centralized the cap then reverse lock a bit, if helps to tighten it a bit more. Try it, so far mine on the VR is ok, so are a few wira owners who did it.....
Or...just cut a motorcyle tube to size. I used that for a very long time on my Campro before my little brother replace it when he was using the car.

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Okok,I will try it later.
Thx!!!!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Or...just cut a motorcyle tube to size. I used that for a very long time on my Campro before my little brother replace it when he was using the car.
Motor bike tube cannot stand oil, need to keep clean. Once oil gets to it, it expands....

sweelt

2,000 RPM

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Uncle Vr way work.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need advice on engine conversion

thinking of change my wira1.5 to gsr, can get approve from jpj now days?need to
confirm that b4 buying the h/c

whats the pros & cons to buy an accident h/c?
saw a gsr h/c (63k+) with little accident at the left bumper site, radiator and lower arm abit bengok, the boss said can change for me, engine startable...should i take it?

thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience