Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i thought the reverse lights were triggered by a switch by the shifter.....

also if they wana remove the windscreen, its sounds like they wana remove the entire roof... not a bad thing..
Change roof, usually cut at the pillars, the windscreen have to be removed....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Minor update:
Fixed the not working reverse lights today. It was a faulty gear selector, a small piece of part in the engine bay, near the car battery there. Mechanic said to use halfcut, so just use halfcut lor. New part is RM800. Halfcut, RM180 for parts and labour. Feels much safer when reversing now.
Gear selector? Uh... means you couldn't get into R gear in the past? Anyway - it's fixed so that's good.

I didnt ask. But he say in the process of replacing the roof he will need to remove windscreen. Not sure if that gives a clue to how he will do it.
Any chassis repair usually will involve removing the windscreen otherwise you'll risk cracking it. You should ask the guy if he'll cut the A pillars or not. If yes you might want to reconsider because that's one of the things Puspakom will check when you send the car there for inspection.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
where do you get your car fix?
upwork racing workshop, jalan bukit kemuning, shah alam. but the queue sometimes a bit long. been going there since 2016 after i did my 93 swap.
the older persona la, same parts with MMC one, not VVT
my in laws have the campro persona. my father in law use but it wasnt maintain properly. tried fixing but i gave up. i have no patience. ahahaha. for example, engine oil he use semi unknown brand whatever the workshop recommends, open the valve cover once to fix the leaking rocker cover gasket (which he let it ran for years without fixing), inside all golden brown color. might need an overhaul. LOL

Reactions: minibeany

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
upwork racing workshop, jalan bukit kemuning, shah alam. but the queue sometimes a bit long. been going there since 2016 after i did my 93 swap.

my in laws have the campro persona. my father in law use but it wasnt maintain properly. tried fixing but i gave up. i have no patience. ahahaha. for example, engine oil he use semi unknown brand whatever the workshop recommends, open the valve cover once to fix the leaking rocker cover gasket (which he let it ran for years without fixing), inside all golden brown color. might need an overhaul. LOL
Golden brown ok what.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Golden brown ok what.
sorry not golden, but more like dark brown chocolatey color. haha. had changed the timing belt, water pump, thermostat and all coz the belt already loose and making noise. asked my father in law when was did he change the belt, he said still new and change in 2016. :sleepy:

the car is a bit sluggish, very slow to get up to speed. might need an overhaul. so, i gave up on fixing it. haha. better focus on 1 car at a time.

Reactions: Izso

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
sorry not golden, but more like dark brown chocolatey color. haha. had changed the timing belt, water pump, thermostat and all coz the belt already loose and making noise. asked my father in law when was did he change the belt, he said still new and change in 2016. :sleepy:

the car is a bit sluggish, very slow to get up to speed. might need an overhaul. so, i gave up on fixing it. haha. better focus on 1 car at a time.
Sluggish because your dad no rev kao kao....hahahaha

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Time to use diesel engine oil.
The old campro even with iafm is sluggish.
The old persona have better handling compared to waja..at least thats what P1 claimed.

old man car will feel like old man. Lend the car to anyone in this forum and tell them min rev is 3k rpm and after a month take it back.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Time to use diesel engine oil.
The old campro even with iafm is sluggish.
The old persona have better handling compared to waja..at least thats what P1 claimed.

old man car will feel like old man. Lend the car to anyone in this forum and tell them min rev is 3k rpm and after a month take it back.
I am using HDEO full time.......hahhahahhaha

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Does anyone driving 1.5 wira feeling gearing is abit short?
in 5th gear driving 100km around 3k rpm 120km 3.5k

I think my next step mod on my car is buy some sound proof to put at the bonet.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya

mine also 1.5 injection... it is about that RPM range.

engine sound too loud? hehe... I'm going to try 4 doors first... lots of rattling when I play some pump up music... hahahaha...

thomaspepper

Jul 30, 2020
Kuala Lumpur
I noticed recently that my car vibrates more at night when my car is stopped (either in N or D gear). Initially I thought it was the A/C, but if that's the case then surely it is also unbearable during the day. But during the day the vibrations are not as strong. I have changed my engine mounting about 10 months ago.

I was quite puzzled, until I stumbled upon the cause today. The vibration intensifies when I turn on my lights (hence why I dont have this problem in daytime). Would having grounding cables help with this problem?

Also, I noticed that when I turn on my A/C when car is idling, my revs drop slightly. Is this a cause for concern? Car is an Automatic transmission, carburetor.

Gear selector? Uh... means you couldn't get into R gear in the past? Anyway - it's fixed so that's good.

Any chassis repair usually will involve removing the windscreen otherwise you'll risk cracking it. You should ask the guy if he'll cut the A pillars or not. If yes you might want to reconsider because that's one of the things Puspakom will check when you send the car there for inspection.
Not sure if that's the proper name. The mechanic called it gear selector. In the past I could still get into R gear. just no reverse lights only.

Will do, thanks for the tip!

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Well, the car does not have much power so gearing had to match the power and vehicle weight...then car is made when fuel price is cheap2.

I would recommend to sound proof the frobt hood plus all 4 doors. I did that to my BLM...DIY with superlon.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi good day all
i am driving a old saga running on stock 1.3 4g13
i was thinking on larger capacity engine upgrade due to my power hungry need :biggrin:
yes i am aware of 4g6series and 4g9series or a 4g15 with 4g18 or campro stroker kit but due to the ridiculous price nowdays its not ticking my fancy of having 1 :banghead:
so while i look around i found out there this 4g37 1.8 coded engine which is used in mitsubishi galant/super touring e12 chasis using carburator system that were not...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience