Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Mine still remain stock but consider upgrade the front rotor & better pad. Did't stop so good when going around 100~120 or heavy brake. It juz feel very slow to stop the car down.
to me, the original set brakes quite well...
finding time to change the rotor. the current one not smooth and have lines... OCD :Stupid:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Rotor & pad i chg together. If not mistaken those normal trw one. Sometimes hard brake front right will make some sound.
properly adjust your rear drum brake.
You can notice significant improvement.
I will adjust my rear drums untile there is very very very slight drag on the brake shoe. This way, braking is great.

What i mean by very very very slight drag?
Only 1 or 2 click for the handbrake to engage.

For pads, go for semi metallic. No need for high performance pad as they dont do much when cold and moans a lot when not up to temperature.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Rotor & pad i chg together. If not mistaken those normal trw one. Sometimes hard brake front right will make some sound.
If it's anything like my rubbish Mintye pads for my Myvi, then its probably overly hard compound and this will eat away your rotor and be rubbish in braking. Change the pads and drum brakes and see if it helps.

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Good eye sight. Run around car, grocery car, market car ....u'll be surprise mostly powerful sleeper car :biggrin:
1.5 usually don't rear disk mah. So quite easy to notice unless the owner go and swap it.
I also like sleeper type car. Can be low profile when needed can kejut orang.Hahahahaha

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira update is quite long since the last update.

Few month back then I had adjust the tappet but after using few month later the sound coming back.
While cold start the tak tak tak sound is very loud. After the engine is warm the sound is much more less.
On 1st & 2nd gear the tak tak tak sound is like machine gun. Although it didn't affect the driving except the sound was like engine swap.Alot ppl keep asking me is my car engine swap? I was like no lah juz a standart 4g15 only lahhhh.

And another thing I found out is after adjust tappet while driving on 1 & 2 gear and then slow down while traffic or corner need to stop the exhaust didn't have any pop & bang sound. AFter the tappet sound come back and the car is like pop & bang on 1 & 2 gear while slow down(i think is due to unburn fuel something like that lah.

Bring to another shop and explain to them,they suggested me adjust 1 more time. If the sound come back agn might be the rocker arm or the camshaft have makan. He say might be the rocker arm edge which pushing the valve & valve spring there makan.

Any sifu face makan rocker arm before?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wira update is quite long since the last update.

Few month back then I had adjust the tappet but after using few month later the sound coming back.
While cold start the tak tak tak sound is very loud. After the engine is warm the sound is much more less.
On 1st & 2nd gear the tak tak tak sound is like machine gun. Although it didn't affect the driving except the sound was like engine swap.Alot ppl keep asking me is my car engine swap? I was like no lah juz a standart 4g15 only lahhhh.

And another thing I found out is after adjust tappet while driving on 1 & 2 gear and then slow down while traffic or corner need to stop the exhaust didn't have any pop & bang sound. AFter the tappet sound come back and the car is like pop & bang on 1 & 2 gear while slow down(i think is due to unburn fuel something like that lah.

Bring to another shop and explain to them,they suggested me adjust 1 more time. If the sound come back agn might be the rocker arm or the camshaft have makan. He say might be the rocker arm edge which pushing the valve & valve spring there makan.

Any sifu face makan rocker arm before?
the 2nd shop is correct. Considering the age of the car, type of oil used (I don't know what you used), how the car was maintained, etc - it's possible it's worn out. Which part worn out needs visual inspection.

Did you do the re-adjustment again?

Reactions: sanekit

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
the 2nd shop is correct. Considering the age of the car, type of oil used (I don't know what you used), how the car was maintained, etc - it's possible it's worn out. Which part worn out needs visual inspection.

Did you do the re-adjustment again?
Haven't re adjust yet. The oil I using is castrol 10-40
The rocker arm if really worn out juz chg the worm out one no need to chg 12 of them right?

parakey

1,000 RPM

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Haven't re adjust yet. The oil I using is castrol 10-40
The rocker arm if really worn out juz chg the worm out one no need to chg 12 of them right?
If you need to change, better change all.
Alternately, if planning to dispose of this engine soon, then change minimal amount also can.

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
If you need to change, better change all.
Alternately, if planning to dispose of this engine soon, then change minimal amount also can.
Okay...saw a shop selling new rocker arm Rm22 each. If 12 is like Rm260+ haven't include installation. Wow,that is some pain in the wallet. Hahahahahhaa

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Originally set as the opening round for the 2011 Super GT season, the postponed first round was finally held and saw the Calsonic Impul GT-R, piloted by Tsugio Matsuda and Joao Paolo de Oliviera, take victory after starting from second place to make it two out of two wins for the Nissan GT-R.

Dark skies were hovering over the qualifying session but unfortunately decided to break on the morning of race day...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience