Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

brokenjars

Known Member

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Oddly the brake hoses soften and become very flexible. Stock brand new it's very very hard and strong. Maybe it's just the way they are made.

wahseh.. this engine is quite good too but like you said - support Honda is still king. But another thing is the SR20VE is super rare la.
The sr20ve 20v is super rare, the normal sr20ve is not too rare la. I saw 2 units of the normal ones at halfcut shop last month.

I have the sr20ve 20v in the light weight sentra b13. After tuning with piggyback got around 225hp. Best time 5.8 seconds zerotohundred.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The sr20ve 20v is super rare, the normal sr20ve is not too rare la. I saw 2 units of the normal ones at halfcut shop last month.

I have the sr20ve 20v in the light weight sentra b13. After tuning with piggyback got around 225hp. Best time 5.8 seconds zerotohundred.
That's a pretty huge claim. Stock engine? Got dyno graph? Whats the torque like?

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wanna ask if I get a pair for these seat. Thailand replica one. Can I just fit 1 to my jazz 1 to my wira? Juz but different seat railing for different car right?
The seating position is very nice for me and the tight support is what I want since my leg is abit long.

Attachments

brokenjars

Known Member

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
That's a pretty huge claim. Stock engine? Got dyno graph? Whats the torque like?
I have the acceleration time. Dyno need to dig out the graph at my parent's house. Torque around 19.88 kg-m if not mistaken.

Attachments

brokenjars

Known Member

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Wanna ask if I get a pair for these seat. Thailand replica one. Can I just fit 1 to my jazz 1 to my wira? Juz but different seat railing for different car right?
The seating position is very nice for me and the tight support is what I want since my leg is abit long.
You need to buy railing too and the railing will be expensive. Around RM400 for front 1 set not including installation. Try to find a secondhand RX8 good condition seats. One set front left and right around RM600-RM700 only, with railing. It is very comfortable, can adjust height too unlike the replica recaro you shown and its original.
Go try it out at any shop first see you like it or not. But its not as wide as the recaro, which is good for big size haha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Seats just need to find the right height railing and base. But need to be careful of the seats base height. Last time I had recaros taken from a vw and fitted it into a wira and seating was waaay too high. Needed to modify the base to be lower.

Incidentally a lot of these non ori seats have poor padding and can be uncomfortable after sitting long hours.

I have the acceleration time. Dyno need to dig out the graph at my parent's house. Torque around 19.88 kg-m if not mistaken.
That's pretty impressive stats. For a NA to have that much power means you did quite a lot to your engine? NA 1.8/2.0L engines need a lot done to break the 250hp except the K series which is considerably newer. Older design engines take a lot to touch that power level.

Your car interior stripped? What sort of specs do you have on your sentra?

brokenjars

Known Member

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Seats just need to find the right height railing and base. But need to be careful of the seats base height. Last time I had recaros taken from a vw and fitted it into a wira and seating was waaay too high. Needed to modify the base to be lower.

Incidentally a lot of these non ori seats have poor padding and can be uncomfortable after sitting long hours.

That's pretty impressive stats. For a NA to have that much power means you did quite a lot to your engine? NA 1.8/2.0L engines need a lot done to break the 250hp except the K series which is considerably newer. Older design engines take a lot to touch that power level.

Your car interior stripped? What sort of specs do you have on your sentra?
My 225hp i already converted it to crank wheel power so I can compare to my original engine rated 204hp haha. Engine is stock but done full overhaul recently. Interior not stripped, like normal car with all spare wheel and tools inside. Maybe is due to my light chassis and fat torque from low end makes it accelerate fast.

Anyway i got posted a video of my acceleration too if you are interested. But the meter is slower a bit due to i'm running 16 inch rim, 16/50/195 tires. That video i got 5.9 seconds if according to gps

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
My 225hp i already converted it to crank wheel power so I can compare to my original engine rated 204hp haha. Engine is stock but done full overhaul recently. Interior not stripped, like normal car with all spare wheel and tools inside. Maybe is due to my light chassis and fat torque from low end makes it accelerate fast.

Anyway i got posted a video of my acceleration too if you are interested. But the meter is slower a bit due to i'm running 16 inch rim, 16/50/195 tires. That video i got 5.9 seconds if according to gps
crank wheel power?

usually quoted at crank or at wheel... if both, means ur tayar pasang kat crank shaft ni

brokenjars

Known Member

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
crank wheel power?

usually quoted at crank or at wheel... if both, means ur tayar pasang kat crank shaft ni
No la dyno is on wheel. Then i just +20% estimate then come at crank d lo. I see myvi 1.3 manual also lost around 22% when see at the wheel hp

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

I'm more interested to see the dyno. Interesting how a stock 2.0 NA can get that high power. But 204whp does sound plausible but you're already in the region of the K20 which is muuuuuuch newer. I dunno la. Need to see - I have a feeling you're hiding some secret you're not tell us. :biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
No la dyno is on wheel. Then i just +20% estimate then come at crank d lo. I see myvi 1.3 manual also lost around 22% when see at the wheel hp
20-22 is quite alot.... if x salah for fwd the usual is 15? i could be wrong

I'm more interested to see the dyno. Interesting how a stock 2.0 NA can get that high power. But 204whp does sound plausible but you're already in the region of the K20 which is muuuuuuch newer. I dunno la. Need to see - I have a feeling you're hiding some secret you're not tell us. :biggrin:
could it be the tcf calculation? but still at 1.15 thats round 215...

dyojet nums kot?

brokenjars

Known Member

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Others are minor mods like exhaust and pod air intake. Actually i think my dyno can go up higher because my exhaust piping is 2.3 inch, but muffler outlet is only at 1.7 inch. From research my engine loves 2.5-3.0 inch. 2.5 inch gets overall better power, 3.0 inch gets higher peak top power. Just last month i changed my muffler to 2.3 inch inlet, 2.5 inch outlet already but havent tested best acceleration time nor do i dyno it. But after this can feel like better acceleration? Not sure butt dyno correct or not.

And yes previous dyno was on dynojet. I took 20% off after looking at other manual stock car dyno is around 20-25% lower than advertised hp. Actually dyno numbers not so important as different dyno machines might give out different numbers, i more interested in real world acceleration time haha

brokenjars

Known Member

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
20-22 is quite alot.... if x salah for fwd the usual is 15? i could be wrong

could it be the tcf calculation? but still at 1.15 thats round 215...

dyojet nums kot?
I look at his previous dyno on manual stock cars. Most whp are lower by 20-25% of the advertised hp. Thats y i only add 20%

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
I look at his previous dyno on manual stock cars. Most whp are lower by 20-25% of the advertised hp. Thats y i only add 20%
hehe, imo these numbers thing, no real matter, long as the owner's butt dyno syok, thats all that really counts.... that said it is nice to have the chart... maybe when im less busy ill slap my car on a dyno also

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, I wanna smoked , install ccfl ring and led into my satria neo headlamps. Does anyone have any recommended shop around sunway / subang area.

Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience