parakey

1,000 RPM

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
radiator bocor... some fine hairline

BTW, what do you think of the SAMCO hose? thought of changing together
Better to have it leak now than catch you unsuspecting on the road.

What's wrong with the original rubber hose? Did it fail prematurely for you? How long did your previous one last and how much longer do you expect "Samco" to last?

Reactions: minibeany

sanekit

1,500 RPM

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
as per instructed... just tried this method with the radiator flusher... it just too strong for an old radiator... it flush the whole radiator out from the engine bay... hahaha... radiator leaking now.... wasted my coolant.

View attachment 578230
dangggg.. if radiator already rusted, u do coolant flush memang will confirm got leaks. my car the radiator was about 2-3 years old so not really rusted inside yet. but the water jacket was from half cut. so, the jacket bocor after running with full coolant. hahahaha.
radiator bocor... some fine hairline

BTW, what do you think of the SAMCO hose? thought of changing together

What's wrong with the original rubber hose? Did it fail prematurely for you? How long did your previous one last and how much longer do you expect "Samco" to last?
i'm using samco for 5 years now. compare to the black ones, samco still soft and flexible. mind u, my engine bay runs hot. also, 93 extractor is quite close to the hose as well and the bottom hose resting on top of my huge ass autobox sump too.

parakey

1,000 RPM

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i'm using samco for 5 years now. compare to the black ones, samco still soft and flexible. mind u, my engine bay runs hot. also, 93 extractor is quite close to the hose as well and the bottom hose resting on top of my huge ass autobox sump too.
How long did your original rubber hose last? Mine is 24 years old now

Reactions: sanekit

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wanna ask anybody head of AMR500 supercharger?
My friend juz start to poison me to fit a supercharger.Hahahahahaha
What I go and research is these supercharger are universal and can fit different type of car.
Saw 1 on youtube in a 4g15 cab.

minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya

i changed the ori black hose 4 years ago because the bypass pipe rust and about to leak. The current one didn't fail yet. Since I'm changing radiator may as well change the hose too. Easier to remember... old man problem. LoL.

no expectation on how long Samco to last. If the fake one can last another 5 years already consider bonus. The car will be 25 years old can apply classic car. hahahaha....

BTW, how much the ori Samco will cost? Just curious. So that can have a benchmark. Thanks in advance.

sweelt

2,000 RPM

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
i changed the ori black hose 4 years ago because the bypass pipe rust and about to leak. The current one didn't fail yet. Since I'm changing radiator may as well change the hose too. Easier to remember... old man problem. LoL.

no expectation on how long Samco to last. If the fake one can last another 5 years already consider bonus. The car will be 25 years old can apply classic car. hahahaha....

BTW, how much the ori Samco will cost? Just curious. So that can have a benchmark. Thanks in advance.
I not sure how much ori samco.
My experienced with cap ayam silicone radiator hose is down to the drain.
After daily gsr about 2 years , hose suddenly burst after i park my car. No sign of hose swollen.
Took it off and i can tear it with my own hand.

Maybe not happened to all. Well for me is either stock black rubber hose or ori silicone hose.

minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
I not sure how much ori samco.
My experienced with cap ayam silicone radiator hose is down to the drain.
After daily gsr about 2 years , hose suddenly burst after i park my car. No sign of hose swollen.
Took it off and i can tear it with my own hand.

Maybe not happened to all. Well for me is either stock black rubber hose or ori silicone hose.
Looks like this week has to go eat Sarawak Laksa and visit PH Auto.

sanekit

1,500 RPM

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
How long did your original rubber hose last? Mine is 24 years old now
4 months. then change to samco. haha. i change it when i swap to double layer radiator. the previous single layer radiator from my 1.5 auto not that effective after swap to 93. my swap was not done properly btw. i did a lot of fixing and minor mods after the swap.

sanekit

1,500 RPM

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya

ori is hard to justify nowadays. samco dont have anything special to identify other than the hose layers. you can read about it here..

price for those 2 big hose is around RM80-130 depending on the shop u went and ask. nowadays, spare part shops oso sells silicone hoses because of demand. can try ask your spare part shop if they have it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I just replaced my throttle body, now my idling is high around 1300rpm, could this be because of faulthy tps sensor?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience