Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Eh?I only open up & down once so fast panas ? Oh my... hahahahhahaha
My Pajero have similar problem. Can go down but sometimes cant go up. Have to toggle the switch down then up multiple times. I can hear the switch/relay clicking. Only happen for UP function.
Always forgot abt this problem as most of the time i drive the Pajero with aircond ON or air vent open.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Another thing I would like to ask is the power window...
Sometimes it go down then suddenly cannot go up. Need to wait for a minute then press only can go up. Is it the motor rosak or some wire malfunction?
check the switches itself. Considering how old the car is, potentially contact not so good. If you are a good DIY-er you can dismantle the switches to clean the contacts and all. If you aren't good then try replacing it. I think it's not too expensive anyway.

But this is assuming your window motor and wiring is nice and tidy. Does your door still have the water protection in place? check the wiring and motor to see if rust or something has corroded contact.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
My Pajero have similar problem. Can go down but sometimes cant go up. Have to toggle the switch down then up multiple times. I can hear the switch/relay clicking. Only happen for UP function.
Always forgot abt this problem as most of the time i drive the Pajero with aircond ON or air vent open.
eh u same problem as me... mine no wan go down... can hear relay clicking

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
eh u same problem as me... mine no wan go down... can hear relay clicking
what do u think...relay?
There is clicking sound so switch should be ok as its sending power to the relay till it clicks.I doubt its the motor as it can go down anytime.

BTW if u saw a guy driving a pajero in the rain with driver side window down and only his left hand on the steering..thats me. My right hand is not busy being naughty in my pants but frantically toggling the power window switch..hahahha.

parakey

1,000 RPM

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
BTW if u saw a guy driving a pajero in the rain with driver side window down and only his left hand on the steering..thats me. My right hand is not busy being naughty in my pants but frantically toggling the power window switch..hahahha.
You are in a Pajero. I have to be pretty high up to see your left hand on steering. :biggrin:

Why dont you just replace the switch?

parakey

1,000 RPM

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
kinda expensive (120-200) as its a very old car and such part is getting harder to find. Its one set with all other window switches.
Bro, compared to getting drenched on a rainy day, rm120-200 suddenly dont seem that expensive anymore.

Alternately, it's just a switch. You can mod a similar but cheaper switch from another model into your car.

Attachments

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Bro, compared to getting drenched on a rainy day, rm120-200 suddenly dont seem that expensive anymore.

Alternately, it's just a switch. You can mod a similar but cheaper switch from another model into your car.
its an offroader. Rain is like going to the carwash...hihihi.

Was thinking on modding a normal switch but i will lose the auto down function...yes, the old pajero got auto down for driver side. Even my supposedly modern BLM dont have that.

I'll do proper diagnose this weekend.

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira update

Now the car is running nice and mange to range around 420km+ per tank (Rm55+ per tank

Now what I found out the exhaust while idling have some weird noise. Like thin sheet of metal shaking.
Like sok sok sok sok sound.
Didn't affect me anytime,juz abit annoying.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wira update

Now the car is running nice and mange to range around 420km+ per tank (Rm55+ per tank

Now what I found out the exhaust while idling have some weird noise. Like thin sheet of metal shaking.
Check along the whole exhaust piping, there are heat shields spot welded on, along the way. Maybe one of them, a spot came loose and vibrating. My Chery SUV had that problem. Initially thought a piece of Cat Con internal broke loose and jumping inside the cat, but later jack up the car and start the engine, found the heat shield vibrating....

minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Wira update

sok... sok... sok... sound maybe a hole... check also any surface that has pimple

minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
add full coolant first. let the rust all tanggal and floating. then take out coolant and flush with running water. add again coolant and let it run again. repeat with running water. LOL
as per instructed... just tried this method with the radiator flusher... it just too strong for an old radiator... it flush the whole radiator out from the engine bay... hahaha... radiator leaking now.... wasted my coolant.

radiator.png

• Wow
Reactions: Izso

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Third edition set for more intense racing as some of the world’s top drifters go head to head in fiery fashion

Kuala Lumpur, Dec 2 – Fast cars, screeching tires and billowing smoke return to Kuala Lumpur as the adrenaline-pumping action of the Achilles Formula Drift Malaysia 2011 returns on 17-18 December 2011.

Following a successful event last year that brought Malaysian...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience