Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Now switching to a new cable is more on the softer side compare to the 1st cable. Check & adjust to my specific already. Will test more and check is there still any problems.
Keep an eye on the new cable for some time. You dont want to get caught with pants down again. How much for this impromptu fix?
I had ask the mechanic but he didn't recommend me to adjust the teppet.
He say the car all running fine from his experience. If really one to adjust he say will have some power lost.
Does your car consume engine oil? If not, get the tappets adjusted. It wont rob it of power. In fact, when properly adjusted, you get better performance. While you are at it, check your engine's base timing hasnt been fiddled before.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
How do I describ ah....
Like tatatatatatatatatata. I had ask the mechanic but he didn't recommend me to adjust the teppet.
He say the car all running fine from his experience. If really one to adjust he say will have some power lost. Sorry for my broken English because hw saying in Chinese I had to translate.hahahhahaaha
That tatatatatatatatatata sound normally you can hear from cars climbing hills on too high a gear.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Keep an eye on the new cable for some time. You dont want to get caught with pants down again. How much for this impromptu fix?
Does your car consume engine oil? If not, get the tappets adjusted. It wont rob it of power. In fact, when properly adjusted, you get better performance. While you are at it, check your engine's base timing hasnt been fiddled before.
If not getting the performance means loss of power dy, so actually kena rob of power......hahhahhahahha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I juz wanna look clean on the battery site there. Bcoz a lot if wire are attaching to the battery and I dont know what wire is for what.

Or should I say kemas the wire. Have a better wire management. Hahahahahhaha
You try looking for those wire concealer, usually use to hide wires behind those desktop PC. Use that to put your wires in, then will look neat......lol

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Nope didn't consume any oil. I will go to workshop check after raya.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
You try looking for those wire concealer, usually use to hide wires behind those desktop PC. Use that to put your wires in, then will look neat......lol
those cables, in the enginebay ok ka? wont melt? have been contemplating putting those sheaths on all visible cables

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
These are the wire that is attaching my battery.
What I remember some are attached to the reverse camera,see the big white one?direct attach to the alternator.
And other? Not sure what they are use for. Hahahahaha

Attachments

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira update

So,Otw back home I juz drop by the shop I usually repair my car. Went for adjust tappet.
What I knew after adjust,the sound is much more lower. And it won't have those drowning sound while down shifting(usually have some pop pop sounds in the exhaust
Teken minyak is more linear.
So RM45 well spent I guess?Hahahahahha

Thx for the advice @parakey

Attachments

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Top half of the engine looks very clean.
Your plug cables, make sure its secure to whatever bracket there is on the valve cover, no good to leave it dangling soo close to the extractor.

Reactions: minibeany

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
What I remember some are attached to the reverse camera,see the big white one?direct attach to the alternator.
Just like when i first go the pajero which got some unknown wiring. It already has front spotlight. We went on to add additional fog lamp to the front, rear spotlight, power height adjusted seat from Honda SM4, twin aircond fan, and some other equipment so u can image the added mess.

End up buying proper relay socket and fuse socket, arranging it in a row and at place it wont disturb access to other component, labelled them, properly taped them with wiring tape. Its better now.

I prefer wiring tape as the plastic casing will rot over time.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Just like when i first go the pajero which got some unknown wiring. It already has front spotlight. We went on to add additional fog lamp to the front, rear spotlight, power height adjusted seat from Honda SM4, twin aircond fan, and some other equipment so u can image the added mess.

End up buying proper relay socket and fuse socket, arranging it in a row and at place it wont disturb access to other component, labelled them, properly taped them with wiring tape. Its better now.

I prefer wiring tape as the plastic casing will rot over time.
Mine is same as your case. Fog light wire reverse camera wire and other unkwon wire don't know for what purpose.
I am really bad at wire thing so I might as well find someone who know how to sort this out for me and relocate at a better place.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Top half of the engine looks very clean.
Your plug cables, make sure its secure to whatever bracket there is on the valve cover, no good to leave it dangling soo close to the extractor.

Yup,i was suprise is still very clean inside. plug cable I will use cable tie to secure at the valve cover.Hahahahaha

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
those are ICE cables/wires, relays and fuse. if not using it, u can just remove.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The BRZ / 86 is in a little bit of a limbo these days. A brilliant coupe on one hand and a asthmatic child on the other. Although Toyobaru coupes are never known to be powerful nor fast within the sports car vocabulary, they make up for purity, soul and driveability. It defines the true meaning of a driver's car. That's why driving legends like Tengku Djan has an 86...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience