Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Maybe by killing off the engine, it's trying to save you more fuel.

Try checking your ilde control valve
Auto start stop function?Hahahahahahaha
Will go and check the idle control valve.

Another thing I juz out of me curious. If lah~my engine went rosak. like need to do top overhaul or overhaul can I juz sell the engine and get a 4g91 slam back and use back the old gearbox? Juz out of my curious only lah~~~hahahahha

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya

Another thing I juz out of me curious. If lah~my engine went rosak. like need to do top overhaul or overhaul can I juz sell the engine and get a 4g91 slam back and use back the old gearbox? Juz out of my curious only lah~~~hahahahha
yes u can. plug and play. no issues. only the gear ratio different. example cruising at 100kmh now, rpm is 3k, on the 4g91 the rpm will be slightly higher.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

oooo...trying to find and justify an engine mod....hihihi.

Engine rebuild on a wira is super cheap...its cheaper than rebuildin an engine for certain kapchai.

I would strongly suggest to buy engine with gb as the ratio is designed to worked with that specific engine for everyday drive.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya

Engine rebuild on a wira is super cheap...its cheaper than rebuildin an engine for certain kapchai.

I would strongly suggest to buy engine with gb as the ratio is designed to worked with that specific engine for everyday drive.
4g91 with lsd mivec gearbox sounds good. :driver:

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru

Juz want some fun out of the car. Hahahahahaha
When I was thinking to play with the car I juz figure out the car is a vdo. When I wanna do a rebuild if i swap a mild cam,cam pulley will it peform better?I don't need peak bhp.I juz wish the rpm can go up faster since the car is not even 100hp.
The car now with wira carb gearbox I also feel the rpm q little bit high. 100km/h the rpm is around 3k+ 140 is around 4k I not sure is it normal or not.

Last edited:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
After survey 91 engine lantai cost around 2~3k depend on condition.
The Lsd mivec gb that I think is 1~1.5k?hahahahaha
92 non mivec engine is also really hard to find also.Quite rare.
LSD mivec gearbox is 2k++. haha. 1.3-1.7k is non LSD version. i would try and find 4G92 DOHC non mivec if u still wanna keep your RM90 roadtax. 91 dohc macam not much different in terms of power output compare to your current 4G15. or get a 92 single cam and slowly save up for a mivec head or dohc conversion.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
LSD mivec gearbox is 2k++. haha. 1.3-1.7k is non LSD version. i would try and find 4G92 DOHC non mivec if u still wanna keep your RM90 roadtax. 91 dohc macam not much different in terms of power output compare to your current 4G15. or get a 92 single cam and slowly save up for a mivec head or dohc conversion.
Juz curious for normal driving do we really need a lsd gearbox? What I know for lsd is for those high hp car.
I consider 91 is because there more "toy" to play. 92 sohc I do consider juz what until my engine went kaboom and I will consider a 91 or a sohc 92 or even lucky enough to find a affordable 92 non mivec?hahahahaha
4g15 vdo for now is good to use. I juz wish it can be abit more lighter when accelerating? hahahaha

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
When I was thinking to play with the car I juz figure out the car is a vdo. When I wanna do a rebuild if i swap a mild cam,cam pulley will it peform better?I don't need peak bhp.I juz wish the rpm can go up faster since the car is not even 100hp.
The car now with wira carb gearbox I also feel the rpm q little bit high. 100km/h the rpm is around 3k+ 140 is around 4k I not sure is it normal or not.
Want fun, for me need forced induction lah. I started out like you. Extractor, Exhaust,and all that stuff. Best was a weber carb, but when I got myself a Mitsu, and swap in a VR4, total change. I am still having that after 20 years.......lol

Reactions: KHNG940413

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Want fun, for me need forced induction lah. I started out like you. Extractor, Exhaust,and all that stuff. Best was a weber carb, but when I got myself a Mitsu, and swap in a VR4, total change. I am still having that after 20 years.......lol
POISON!!! good engine is difficult to find ler...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That sort of RPM is normal la. And don't look down on VDO. The beauty of VDO is its self learning features. When I had my VDO the only time I resorted to adding a piggy back was when I had nothing else to mod (NA wise). I pretty much had mild cams, injectors, oversized pistons, stroked, PNP head, high compression and for a while it was auto too. The ECU adapted within a day and the car ran great. Even later after adding the piggyback the difference in performance was neglible. AFR was slightly better with the piggyback and the dyno curve was just slightly smoother. But then again it could be the crappy EMS1 piggyback I was using.

Juz curious for normal driving do we really need a lsd gearbox? What I know for lsd is for those high hp car.
I consider 91 is because there more "toy" to play. 92 sohc I do consider juz what until my engine went kaboom and I will consider a 91 or a sohc 92 or even lucky enough to find a affordable 92 non mivec?hahahahaha
4g15 vdo for now is good to use. I juz wish it can be abit more lighter when accelerating? hahahaha
No need LSD LAAAAAA.. not like you're having some mad torque steer when you floor the pedal.

You want lighter when accelerating? Get lightweight 15" rims and use 195/50/15 profile tyres, get lightweight brake calipers and rotors, get the now-impossible-to-get lightweight crank pulley from Mythelogy for the VDO 4G15, change your gearbox final drive and maybe gears 3,4,5. Do a full on high-speed flow PNP head job. Increase bore size and use high domed pistons (you'll need RON97 from now on) and don't stroke the engine. Knife edge your crank with your crank pulley. Balance your whole engine and use cams.

Btw don't jump to DOHC so quickly. SOHC has plenty of potential but you'll be sort of limited to 130whp max for NA setup. If you're willing to go forced induction then supercharge the engine for the initial pull you want. There's so many options to mod the Wira VDO without changing engine. The question is cost effectiveness only.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
That sort of RPM is normal la. And don't look down on VDO. The beauty of VDO is its self learning features. When I had my VDO the only time I resorted to adding a piggy back was when I had nothing else to mod (NA wise). I pretty much had mild cams, injectors, oversized pistons, stroked, PNP head, high compression and for a while it was auto too. The ECU adapted within a day and the car ran great. Even later after adding the piggyback the difference in performance was neglible. AFR was slightly better with the piggyback and the dyno curve was just slightly smoother. But then again it could be the crappy EMS1 piggyback I was using.

No need LSD LAAAAAA.. not like you're having some mad torque steer when you floor the pedal.

You want lighter when accelerating? Get lightweight 15" rims and use 195/50/15 profile tyres, get lightweight brake calipers and rotors, get the now-impossible-to-get lightweight crank pulley from Mythelogy for the VDO 4G15, change your gearbox final drive and maybe gears 3,4,5. Do a full on high-speed flow PNP head job. Increase bore size and use high domed pistons (you'll need RON97 from now on) and don't stroke the engine. Knife edge your crank with your crank pulley. Balance your whole engine and use cams.

Btw don't jump to DOHC so quickly. SOHC has plenty of potential but you'll be sort of limited to 130whp max for NA setup. If you're willing to go forced induction then supercharge the engine for the initial pull you want. There's so many options to mod the Wira VDO without changing engine. The question is cost effectiveness only.

Crank pulley now only see arospeed for wira vdo only. Mythelogy really rare to see.
Supercharger on a 4g15? okay,that is also really rare to see. I only seen turbocharge one.
Mine plan is to chg to mild cam,adjustable cam & crank pulley. If the piston is abit rough might as well chg.
Juz some upgrade part to bring back the performance of the car.Hahahahaha.
If I dont plan to swap the engine lahhhhh.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Crank pulley now only see arospeed for wira vdo only. Mythelogy really rare to see.
Supercharger on a 4g15? okay,that is also really rare to see. I only seen turbocharge one.
Mine plan is to chg to mild cam,adjustable cam & crank pulley. If the piston is abit rough might as well chg.
Juz some upgrade part to bring back the performance of the car.Hahahahaha.
If I dont plan to swap the engine lahhhhh.
I wouldn't change to a undersized crank pulley. In those days the only usable pulley was the mythelogy one because of the dampener it came with. I recommend you keep the stock pulley otherwise the engine will rev fast but the car doesn't move much. It's annoying.

As for cam, use a billet one. Try not to go for those regrinded cam unless it's a proven one. I haven't been keeping in touch with cams but I had a Pipercam billet cam back then. Doesn't make the idle rough and power band was quite broad starting from 3.5k rpm.

If you're going to change pistons it means a full overhaul. You might as well get the head ported by a proper shop too who knows their stuff.

https://www.mudah.my/4G15+Supercharger+kit+pnp-81973531.htm

Supercharger for 4G15. But you'll need a ECU to control the airflow. If you're gonna do this I recommend pistons and a standalone ECU. Gonna be expensive but at least you don't have to register the engine.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
I wouldn't change to a undersized crank pulley. In those days the only usable pulley was the mythelogy one because of the dampener it came with. I recommend you keep the stock pulley otherwise the engine will rev fast but the car doesn't move much. It's annoying.

As for cam, use a billet one. Try not to go for those regrinded cam unless it's a proven one. I haven't been keeping in touch with cams but I had a Pipercam billet cam back then. Doesn't make the idle rough and power band was quite broad starting from 3.5k rpm.

If you're going to change pistons it means a full overhaul. You might as well get the head ported by a proper shop too who knows their stuff.

https://www.mudah.my/4G15+Supercharger+kit+pnp-81973531.htm

Supercharger for 4G15. But you'll need a ECU to control the airflow. If you're gonna do this I recommend pistons and a standalone ECU. Gonna be expensive but at least you don't have to register the engine.

I think what I am doing is something is like this shop package offer one.

hahahahaha.