Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
View attachment 577484

Thermostat housing not hose. That silver thing is the thermostat housing. Held down by two 10mm bolts. Doesn't look like yours has a gasket though. Should be ok to dismantle and open up. Check that your thermostat is working. Easiest way to see if it opens and closes is to clean it up, and dunk it in boiling water.
Ok,noted thx. Last time I flush the radiator while the car is idling forgot to mention. After flushing I will rev and let the water come out.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira update.

Before I flush my coolant I felt something went wrong to my car. The temperature is quite high and also when the temperature is high my aircond start blow warm air. After checking is one of my fan motor & blade rosak. A RM150 job.

After changing it the car now run good and cold.
And I still haven't flush my radiator. Hahahahahaha

Attachments

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira update.

Yes,I bought a Mivec hood. I think is real one since is a metal one not fiber and is RM80.....juz need to cement it and spray or wrap it and is like a new thing.

And also the guy who sold me the hood very nice gv me a sample for the nut needed to fit to my crossmember. After fitting and yes. No shaking feel while you down shift and.

Attachments

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Wah finally got a mivec hood. But this time will it disconnect and fly up again? Very dangerous if it happens again.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wira update.

Yes,I bought a Mivec hood. I think is real one since is a metal one not fiber and is RM80.....juz need to cement it and spray or wrap it and is like a new thing.

And also the guy who sold me the hood very nice gv me a sample for the nut needed to fit to my crossmember. After fitting and yes. No shaking feel while you down shift and.
Are you going to do a hood pin latch? Cuz it sounds like your original latch doesn't hold tightly.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yes,I bought a Mivec hood. I think is real one since is a metal one not fiber and is RM80.....juz need to cement it and spray or wrap it and is like a new thing..
RM80 is very cheap. Good find.

Looks ori but ori needs to modify the latch slightly. Front looks dented but I suppose you can have mudguard fella fix it for you. Unsure if extra putty may cause paint delamination later.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
RM80 is very cheap. Good find.

Looks ori but ori needs to modify the latch slightly. Front looks dented but I suppose you can have mudguard fella fix it for you. Unsure if extra putty may cause paint delamination later.
Putty for uneven surface, not for deep dents. Too thick later will crack and peel. Need mudguard guy to panel beat then putty back......lol

Reactions: sanekit

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira update

I had something wanna ask.
While I driving 70~90km/h and then i juz release the pedal let it slide and then I change my gear into neutral sometime the engine will mati togather.
Is that any issue for that? Or is it my driving style got problem?Hahahahahahaha

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
While I driving 70~90km/h and then i juz release the pedal let it slide and then I change my gear into neutral sometime the engine will mati togather.
Maybe by killing off the engine, it's trying to save you more fuel.

Try checking your ilde control valve

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

its a trend nowadays to have ur car painted matte; from cayenne to M5, to iswara to kelisa, 911 to GTR35...

question is how to take care the paint job...polish & wax?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience