Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira update.

I saw my coolant from green turning to like chocolate colour. Does this mean I need to flush out the old coolant and put in some new one?
The last time I chang it is on last year September.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wira update.

I saw my coolant from green turning to like chocolate colour. Does this mean I need to flush out the old coolant and put in some new one?
That's really fast. Barely half a year. Didn't you flush it properly the first time?

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
That's really fast. Barely half a year. Didn't you flush it properly the first time?
I don't think I flush it the proper way. I juz open the top Hose link to radiator and open the radiator cap and juz tembak water inside and let all the old coolant flush out while the engine is running. I flush until the water came out from the hose is clear then only I refill with new coolant.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
I don't think I flush it the proper way. I juz open the top Hose link to radiator and open the radiator cap and juz tembak water inside and let all the old coolant flush out while the engine is running. I flush until the water came out from the hose is clear then only I refill with new coolant.
so... its all water in it, not coolant?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Wira update.

coz previously the system doesnt have that much coolant in it. then u flush and put in more coolant. hence the rust all coming out. happened to me. flush again and fill up coolant. when it gets brownish again, repeat until your radiator got cool green stuff inside. hahaha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
coz previously the system doesnt have that much coolant in it. then u flush and put in more coolant. hence the rust all coming out. happened to me. flush again and fill up coolant. when it gets brownish again, repeat until your radiator got cool green stuff inside. hahaha
Yup, like my transplant engine, don't know how long in the yard. When got the car ready I flush the system weekly for a month, then only add coolant.....lol

Reactions: sanekit

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru

I think This coming sunday I will flush out the Milo inside my car. Hahahahahahaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think This coming sunday I will flush out the Milo inside my car. Hahahahahahaha
Is your thermostat still there? If yes then your method of flushing isn't going to work. The thermostat won't open if it's that cold (your running water) so the water in your block won't flow out. The rusty colour is probably from your block. The best way to flush is to buy the thermostat housing gasket (if your car needs one), take out the thermostat, then only stick the hose in to flush out the milo. Check your hoses also to see if any of the crud is gunked up inside the hoses and use a bottle brush or something to scrub it clean. Then after you flush all the rust out fill with distilled water/RO Water which u can easily buy in 5L bottles in Giant or somewhere. Mix it with concentrate coolant 50-50 sorta kinda or just fill with premix coolant only. This kinda cleaning should last you minimally 100k km.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Is your thermostat still there? If yes then your method of flushing isn't going to work. The thermostat won't open if it's that cold (your running water) so the water in your block won't flow out. The rusty colour is probably from your block. The best way to flush is to buy the thermostat housing gasket (if your car needs one), take out the thermostat, then only stick the hose in to flush out the milo. Check your hoses also to see if any of the crud is gunked up inside the hoses and use a bottle brush or something to scrub it clean. Then after you flush all the rust out fill with distilled water/RO Water which u can easily buy in 5L bottles in Giant or somewhere. Mix it with concentrate coolant 50-50 sorta kinda or just fill with premix coolant only. This kinda cleaning should last you minimally 100k km.
Is this the thermostat hose? The silver colour one.

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Is this the thermostat hose? The silver colour one.
upload_2020-3-6_13-31-24.png

Thermostat housing not hose. That silver thing is the thermostat housing. Held down by two 10mm bolts. Doesn't look like yours has a gasket though. Should be ok to dismantle and open up. Check that your thermostat is working. Easiest way to see if it opens and closes is to clean it up, and dunk it in boiling water.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I flush without removing the thermostat, but I run until engine hot enough for thermostat to open. As cold water goes in it closes, so let it heat up to open again. I will get staggered water flow. I just don't want to open the thermostat in case anything happens, like torn gasket.....lol

Reactions: sanekit

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What is the most suited time to check car balancing & alignment?

Or does it based on how we drive?

I need your assistance,experts out there!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience