Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Why change the whole compressor for recon unit if only the magnetic clutch got problem? Compressor working fine.....:driver:

The 1st mechanic I go to check say compressor rosak. I dun belive so I bring to another place to check. Found out only the old clutch rosak only.
So I juz change the clutch yesterday and everything is ok now.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
To be honest. What were they thinking making the car so high.Hahahahaha
It gives better suspension travel & comfort for consumers. Back then when cars were still relatively softly sprung, they can absorb bumps very well in a straight line & mid-corner. I've a feeling why it wasn't lower because of ground clearance when fully loaded.

But then again there's a lot more engineering behind that than just how high/low soft/stiff a car is that makes it handle... Our IRS proton rears under compression gains camber + toe. Quite a good design for that era.

Last edited:
Reactions: sanekit

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Stand still pick up ok la.
Juz lack a bit of torque after you release the pedal and step back.

Now my friend suggest me to go and check does it need a top overhaul. The engine is running ok but when driving & idling a little tapping sound.
If you want to save cost can perhaps try diesel engine oil at the next oil change first. The engine may be a little dirty over the years.

I've used bardahl diesel oil + marvel mystery oil to revive a 3 years dead wira. From blowing white smoke it took 1 week of driving to get it to have 0 smoke & condensation like new in the morning. Sometimes the piston rings are just a bit sticky, don't necessarily have to overhaul straight. :burnout:

Reactions: sweelt

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If you want to save cost can perhaps try diesel engine oil at the next oil change first. The engine may be a little dirty over the years.

I've used bardahl diesel oil + marvel mystery oil to revive a 3 years dead wira. From blowing white smoke it took 1 week of driving to get it to have 0 smoke & condensation like new in the morning. Sometimes the piston rings are just a bit sticky, don't necessarily have to overhaul straight. :burnout:
ah finally a proper 4g1x taiko is in the house

Reactions: sanekit

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

My hyundai change oil from 10w40 to 5w40 started smoking. Now Change to 20w50 with a bottle of no smoke to keep it from smoking......lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
My hyundai change oil from 10w40 to 5w40 started smoking. Now Change to 20w50 with a bottle of no smoke to keep it from smoking......lol
Eh, now people move to electronic cigarette. No more conventional smoking. Maybe u can try few drop of vape flavor into the engine oil...adds some taste and aroma...hahahah.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Eh, now people move to electronic cigarette. No more conventional smoking. Maybe u can try few drop of vape flavor into the engine oil...adds some taste and aroma...hahahah.
#offtopic can try heat not burn ciggies too. but the starter kit cost like RM200-350 including the heat sticks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Z Project: 1987 Nissan Fairlady 200ZG Z31

So I managed to drop by Batu Pahat to pay the car seller in full, the cash amount agreed on purchasing of the car. I've only depended on the photos to determine the condition of the car. However, during closer inspection, there was some dissapointments. There are some rust holes on the bonnet and rear boot. The windscreen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience