Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
In my opinion, if the new sensor is faulty, it wouldnt start even foronce.

Since your's does start occasionally, I reckon the sensor is okay. That being the case, the wiring and the connectors are highly suspect

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
In my opinion, if the new sensor is faulty, it wouldnt start even foronce.

Since your's does start occasionally, I reckon the sensor is okay. That being the case, the wiring and the connectors are highly suspect
Maybe is the connector that connect to the crank sensor got problem?
Someone juz recommend me just took off both socket & connecter and just direct both wire.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
The wire condition is all ok. The mechanic had check,I had check myself also. Really fadeup. Hahahaha. Tomorrow will ask my friend got multimeter or not to test.
I wont buy a new sensor yet.
Just like others said, its bad connection or wiring somewhere.
Even if u cable tie a connector the male-female connection of the pin inside connector might still have connection issue.

However during early ownership of my waja, i do face crank sensor issue. Its a common issue among waja 1.8 owners where engine will just die off when cruising. Leave it to cool down, it runs back as if nothing happen. I went thru 2 sensor and the 3rd one lasted me till today. Maybe they upgraded the sensor. My sensor is hidden thus not exposed to the element.

Other exp i encounter related to bad wiring connection is check engine turn on and engine becomes abnornal after driving over uneven surface. Turns out the battery terminal is loose. The bolt on the terminal is tight but terminal can moved freely. How to solved? buy a new cable terminal or wedge copper piece or any conductive metal between the battery terminal and cable lug.

Recent exp with my waja abt bad grounding tought me a lot. Its not abt how the wire appear visually, its about the contact that its making. Removing the wire from the ground terminal at the battery showed very bad corrosion. How to solve? in my case, i went to a machinery shop and buy welding cables. If u want to do this, please dont buy cables dedicated for welding purpose coz the insulator is very thick and will be hard for u to positioned it properly. There are similar amp cable with not so thick insulator for sale. These typenare easier to worked with

Reactions: KHNG940413

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
This is my crank sensor position.
Tomorrow will go and source the original sensor.
If can ok la,if not I really wan to ditch the vdo and slam the mmc inside.

Is not like mmc will not have issue lah but less sensor issue is better for me to maintain the car at my rough working environment. My 2cent la.
wait... what sensor are you using right now? Not a proton sensor? You pnp a crank sensor from a different car?

Did your mech open up the ECU to check the ECU board itself?

EDIT : I just had a thought. Is your crank pulley ok? Mine at one point wobbled really badly because of the rubber dampener had worn out and that shaked the whole damn crank pulley so maybe if yours is moving too then the sensor isn't getting a good reading.

Last edited:

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
wait... what sensor are you using right now? Not a proton sensor? You pnp a crank sensor from a different car?

Did your mech open up the ECU to check the ECU board itself?
3rd party one. From china one.
Nope he didn't open the ecu because he don't have those equipment to do so

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
3rd party one. From china one.
Nope he didn't open the ecu because he don't have those equipment to do so
Did you see my comment about the wobbly crank pulley? You should be able to visually inspect the pulley. Start the car and look at the pulley turn. If it wobbles then you potentially have your culprit.

China crank sensor - but was it made for your specific engine or a generic VDO sensor?

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Did you see my comment about the wobbly crank pulley? You should be able to visually inspect the pulley. Start the car and look at the pulley turn. If it wobbles then you potentially have your culprit.

China crank sensor - but was it made for your specific engine or a generic VDO sensor?
I have start the engine and inspect. Didn't have any wobble.
Yesterday I checked and try wobble the crank sensor itself at the bottom side and the car died same as the car usually went dead.

Not sure as I never see the package.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Use my hand and goyang like pusing your kopi while the milk is at the bottom. Hahahahhaha
Not very hard juz slightly goyang only
There's a reason why I asked. The sensor's position relative to the trigger wheel is supposed to be quite immovable. It cannot be "longgar" to the extent where a small force may deflect it. This will cause the sensor to miss a read and stall the engine.

Have you gotten a multimeter yet? Check to see if sensors are really faulty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Izso

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
There's a reason why I asked. The sensor's position relative to the trigger wheel is supposed to be quite immovable. It cannot be "longgar" to the extent where a small force may deflect it. This will cause the sensor to miss a read and stall the engine.
So what you mean is maybe my sensor is crooked is it?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Okay so I have a 2001 Proton Satria GTI and I love everything about it!... well... everything but the front bumper...

Anyone on here know of any after-market front bumpers or front lips that will fit my GIT? I know it can hold some evo body parts but I just want to know a list of cars bumpers that will fit?

Or anyone know how I can get my hands on an original or even after-market R3 front lip? (The black front lip in my dp) without selling my kidney to get one?

Thanks in advance legends ✌
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience