Rm8k Wira ownership experience-A long way to go

minibeany

Known Member

minibeany

Known Member
Apr 30, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
Mine still remain stock but consider upgrade the front rotor & better pad. Did't stop so good when going around 100~120 or heavy brake. It juz feel very slow to stop the car down.
to me, the original set brakes quite well...
finding time to change the rotor. the current one not smooth and have lines... OCD :Stupid:

gunnerzz

1,500 RPM

gunnerzz

1,500 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Rotor & pad i chg together. If not mistaken those normal trw one. Sometimes hard brake front right will make some sound.
properly adjust your rear drum brake.
You can notice significant improvement.
I will adjust my rear drums untile there is very very very slight drag on the brake shoe. This way, braking is great.

What i mean by very very very slight drag?
Only 1 or 2 click for the handbrake to engage.

For pads, go for semi metallic. No need for high performance pad as they dont do much when cold and moans a lot when not up to temperature.

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Rotor & pad i chg together. If not mistaken those normal trw one. Sometimes hard brake front right will make some sound.
If it's anything like my rubbish Mintye pads for my Myvi, then its probably overly hard compound and this will eat away your rotor and be rubbish in braking. Change the pads and drum brakes and see if it helps.

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira update is quite long since the last update.

Few month back then I had adjust the tappet but after using few month later the sound coming back.
While cold start the tak tak tak sound is very loud. After the engine is warm the sound is much more less.
On 1st & 2nd gear the tak tak tak sound is like machine gun. Although it didn't affect the driving except the sound was like engine swap.Alot ppl keep asking me is my car engine swap? I was like no lah juz a standart 4g15 only lahhhh.

And another thing I found out is after adjust tappet while driving on 1 & 2 gear and then slow down while traffic or corner need to stop the exhaust didn't have any pop & bang sound. AFter the tappet sound come back and the car is like pop & bang on 1 & 2 gear while slow down(i think is due to unburn fuel something like that lah.

Bring to another shop and explain to them,they suggested me adjust 1 more time. If the sound come back agn might be the rocker arm or the camshaft have makan. He say might be the rocker arm edge which pushing the valve & valve spring there makan.

Any sifu face makan rocker arm before?

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wira update is quite long since the last update.

Few month back then I had adjust the tappet but after using few month later the sound coming back.
While cold start the tak tak tak sound is very loud. After the engine is warm the sound is much more less.
On 1st & 2nd gear the tak tak tak sound is like machine gun. Although it didn't affect the driving except the sound was like engine swap.Alot ppl keep asking me is my car engine swap? I was like no lah juz a standart 4g15 only lahhhh.

And another thing I found out is after adjust tappet while driving on 1 & 2 gear and then slow down while traffic or corner need to stop the exhaust didn't have any pop & bang sound. AFter the tappet sound come back and the car is like pop & bang on 1 & 2 gear while slow down(i think is due to unburn fuel something like that lah.

Bring to another shop and explain to them,they suggested me adjust 1 more time. If the sound come back agn might be the rocker arm or the camshaft have makan. He say might be the rocker arm edge which pushing the valve & valve spring there makan.

Any sifu face makan rocker arm before?
the 2nd shop is correct. Considering the age of the car, type of oil used (I don't know what you used), how the car was maintained, etc - it's possible it's worn out. Which part worn out needs visual inspection.

Did you do the re-adjustment again?

Reactions: sanekit

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
the 2nd shop is correct. Considering the age of the car, type of oil used (I don't know what you used), how the car was maintained, etc - it's possible it's worn out. Which part worn out needs visual inspection.

Did you do the re-adjustment again?
Haven't re adjust yet. The oil I using is castrol 10-40
The rocker arm if really worn out juz chg the worm out one no need to chg 12 of them right?

parakey

1,000 RPM

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Haven't re adjust yet. The oil I using is castrol 10-40
The rocker arm if really worn out juz chg the worm out one no need to chg 12 of them right?
If you need to change, better change all.
Alternately, if planning to dispose of this engine soon, then change minimal amount also can.

brokenjars

Known Member

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
If its worn out, even after adjustment the taktak sound should still be there right? If after adjustment the sound gone, then after short time it came back again, possible its because the mechanic didnt tighten it to specifications

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If its worn out, even after adjustment the taktak sound should still be there right? If after adjustment the sound gone, then after short time it came back again, possible its because the mechanic didnt tighten it to specifications
I was thinking the same thing......lol

parakey

1,000 RPM

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Worn rocker not just have gap. There may be alignment issues. Wear not just limited to both contact surfaces. There's also a bush where it sits onto the shaft