Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

sanekit

1,500 RPM

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
If you are just going for a dohc NA, i seriously doubt there will be much issues.

If going for stock GSR turbo unit, Sweelt's unit has been running trouble free thus far.
i'm not planning to do a dohc swap. might bot my single cam but still no budget. somehow, MMC automatics are damn sensitive when it comes to all the sensors and shit. example: TPS reading lari just slightly, it affects the gear shift points and idling. i don't think you'll get issues like this with a manual.

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
The interior of the car.

Didn't do much juz swap the old roon light to led & mid aircond vent only. Beside that all are original from the previous owner. Some people keep asking me the carpet where did I bought. I also don't know. Hahahahaha

Attachments

sweelt

2,000 RPM

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
i'm not planning to do a dohc swap. might bot my single cam but still no budget. somehow, MMC automatics are damn sensitive when it comes to all the sensors and shit. example: TPS reading lari just slightly, it affects the gear shift points and idling. i don't think you'll get issues like this with a manual.
i kena with my mt gsr. Hot start idle like shit. No matter how precise i adjust isc, tps.
After drive for couple of minutes it back to normal.
As long not involve engine lifting, i will troubleshoot myself.

KHNG940413

500 RPM

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru

sanekit

1,500 RPM

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
i kena with my mt gsr. Hot start idle like shit. No matter how precise i adjust isc, tps.
After drive for couple of minutes it back to normal.
As long not involve engine lifting, i will troubleshoot myself.
eh yours auto too? hot start if need to crank twice usually is the water temp sensor. rough idling confirm it's stepper motor. dohc one easy to fix. got a lot of tutorial on how to clean and fix it. mine wonky here and there coz using different throttle body (6A11 TB) and i got emanage. intermittent check engine light coz of emanage so no point checking error codes.

sweelt

2,000 RPM

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
eh yours auto too? hot start if need to crank twice usually is the water temp sensor. rough idling confirm it's stepper motor. dohc one easy to fix. got a lot of tutorial on how to clean and fix it. mine wonky here and there coz using different throttle body (6A11 TB) and i got emanage. intermittent check engine light coz of emanage so no point checking error codes.
Mine manual, ya kinda related to temp sensor + many possobilities as i google.
Going to get temp sensor replace. See how.

Reactions: sanekit

minibeany

500 RPM

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Been poison by u guys. Now I surveying 4g91 & 92 dohc.
Damn poison woiiiiiiii.Hahahahahaha
i also kena...
nah... here more for you... just upgraded my exhaust to full stainless steel with 4-2-1 + bullet + SE muffler...

Attachments