Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
is it an auto vdo wira? before this got the hesitation (open close feeling from 2k-5k rpm)?
Yes is a 1.5 VDO auto wira.
Before cuci doesn't have that kind of feeling when stepping my foot down. Is after cuci the issue pop up. Althought the engine does not mati anymore.Actually it dies once,the 2nd day i took it to my company when I reverse it suddenly died.After that never engine die anymore.Juz 1 issue settle another pop up. Hahahahahaha

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Yes is a 1.5 VDO auto wira.
Before cuci doesn't have that kind of feeling when stepping my foot down. Is after cuci the issue pop up. Althought the engine does not mati anymore.Actually it dies once,the 2nd day i took it to my company when I reverse it suddenly died.After that never engine die anymore.Juz 1 issue settle another pop up. Hahahahahaha
how's the idling? cold start does the rpm rise? when u shift from P to R is there any lag when engaging? then from N to D is the same?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
The idling is ok.
Cold start Rpm is around 1.5k but will drop to below 1k once is warm up
P to R & N to D all are ok.
then can rule out torque converter and idle speed control unit. i'm too lazy to go through previous pages, your o2 sensor is ok right? hopefully the shop that service the tb can find the problem.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
then can rule out torque converter and idle speed control unit. i'm too lazy to go through previous pages, your o2 sensor is ok right? hopefully the shop that service the tb can find the problem.
Juz hope is only small issue that won't brake my wallet. Hahahahahaha
02 sensor I also change recently so should be fine.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Juz hope is only small issue that won't brake my wallet. Hahahahahaha
02 sensor I also change recently so should be fine.
worse case scenario u might need to change throttle body. recon ones are around RM320-ish. used one would be below RM200. if your idle control unit is working fine, then u can just get the used one.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
worse case scenario u might need to change throttle body. recon ones are around RM320-ish. used one would be below RM200. if your idle control unit is working fine, then u can just get the used one.

Okay,Noted
I heard a lot of ppl VDO TB is quite leceh. I juz own the car 2month only so not sure about that.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Okay,Noted
I heard a lot of ppl VDO TB is quite leceh. I juz own the car 2month only so not sure about that.
ya. coz the idle controller is damn canggih. got lots of gears in it. most shop will just ask u to change TB to recon one but actually the idle controller can be service. i hope you'll get your issues solve.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira Update.

After checking the Fuel filter is dirty so change it.
And Diagnosefound out other 2 sensor got problem 1 atas coil plug 1 forgot what place already will take picture after done.
For the Throttle body still need to check more in detail the machine say.

Reactions: sanekit

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Wira Update.

After checking the Fuel filter is dirty so change it.
And Diagnosefound out other 2 sensor got problem 1 atas coil plug 1 forgot what place already will take picture after done.
For the Throttle body still need to check more in detail the machine say.
aiyak. first thing to do when getting a used car is to change engine oil, gearbox oil and filters and then check the all the belts.

Reactions: vr2turbo

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
aiyak. first thing to do when getting a used car is to change engine oil, gearbox oil and filters and then check the all the belts.
After I get the car I had chg the engine oil. Belt still ok. They have writing say until what mileage only chg. Gear oil also,next service will chg since haven't reach the mileage.

Now the car is ok. Juz those minor issue like those sensor thing rosak.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
After I get the car I had chg the engine oil. Belt still ok. They have writing say until what mileage only chg. Gear oil also,next service will chg since haven't reach the mileage.

solve the throttle issue already?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Dont worry, a wira is very cheap to repair.
Plus, its normal for old car to 'demand' this and that. Some people just dispose their old car to avoid getting headache to solve all the issues but when u bring out a calculator u will find out that u can save a lot on repairing this and that rather than paying fixed consistant monthly installment on new car.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Wira Update.

After the checking is the Cam & crank sensor issue.
After changing it no more rpm laggy. The car now is running smooth. And also the Fuel filter.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The year of the Rabbit was ushered in by Shell with a lavish celebration for the five lucky winners of the Shell V-Power 97 ‘Win Weekly at Shell’ that took home RM30,000 each as well as limited edition Ferrari key ring sets. The winners were joined by the winners of the recently concluded Shell V-Power 97 ‘Race to Abu Dhabi’ contest.

Entering its ninth week, the contest is being well received by Malaysians...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience