Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
No no no.. 1.6/1.8 absorbers and springs will jack up the front height of the car.

Try to find Wira SE Springs and absorbers. They are special as the spring cup in the Wira SE absorber is higher up to match with the short but thick Wira SE springs.

The rear is the same as any other Wira.

Personally - if you're gonna go aftermarket, might as well go straight to the HLSH type. And the most budget friendly that's of pretty decent quality is the HWL HLSH coilovers. 2k+ all in. If you're gonna mix and match you're gonna cry if you get it wrong.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
No no no.. 1.6/1.8 absorbers and springs will jack up the front height of the car.

Try to find Wira SE Springs and absorbers. They are special as the spring cup in the Wira SE absorber is higher up to match with the short but thick Wira SE springs.

Personally - if you're gonna go aftermarket, might as well go straight to the HLSH type. And the most budget friendly that's of pretty decent quality is the HWL HLSH coilovers. 2k+ all in. If you're gonna mix and match you're gonna cry if you get it wrong.
For mix & match this is also the concern.If I F up the thing. For daily driving & road trip is a Hi Low bodyshift enough? Compare to a HLSF adjustable.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
For mix & match this is also the concern.If I F up the thing. For daily driving & road trip is a Hi Low bodyshift enough? Compare to a HLSF adjustable.
well u just dont get the option of setting the harshness

just saying... unless ur tracking the bugger, oem's will do u fine

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
well u just dont get the option of setting the harshness

just saying... unless ur tracking the bugger, oem's will do u fine
My 1st thought is
Kyb Gas absorber match with Gab & ftuned spring
only.

This car just for work & some road trip only. No tracking la. Hahahahaha

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
My 1st thought is
Kyb Gas absorber match with Gab & ftuned spring
only.

This car just for work & some road trip only. No tracking la. Hahahahaha
No....never us stock absorber with sport spring. U will lose both handling amd comfort. U will thought u nail the handling but actually not as the absorber just cant keep up.

My way last time with my blm ( god knows how many time i repeat this is forum )
Stock absorber and spring plus 3 bars namely front strut, front lower bar, rear arb. Ride is firmer a tiny bit and best of all the car is solid (steering input, feel, stability at high speed). Its very unassuming until the front driver panicked as he cant shake your junk off his back.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
No....never us stock absorber with sport spring. U will lose both handling amd comfort. U will thought u nail the handling but actually not as the absorber just cant keep up.

My way last time with my blm ( god knows how many time i repeat this is forum )
Stock absorber and spring plus 3 bars namely front strut, front lower bar, rear arb. Ride is firmer a tiny bit and best of all the car is solid (steering input, feel, stability at high speed). Its very unassuming until the front driver panicked as he cant shake your junk off his back.
Wira SE is the aeroback one right? Also 1.5 right?

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru

Juz an example.

https://shopee.com.my/Proton-Wira-1...-Premium-Shock-Absorber-i.43969508.2443106796

I saw this for wira se,wira 1.8 & 1.6
So if I put this will it jack up my car or what is the outcome?
I am quite confuse. I tot wira have the same chasis so absorber should be the same. Hahahahahaha

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
When you google for Wira suspension, there's a lot of mumbo jumbo on the internet but nothing authoritative. For your 1.5 model, there however seems to be a consensus that the 1.6/1.8 front springs will raise your car's height.

I suggest you read this first- https://www.kyb.com.my/uploads/applicationchart/Proton_-_DONE.pdf

Look under "Suspension Kits" From here, look at the code numbers for front/rear springs.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
When you google for Wira suspension, there's a lot of mumbo jumbo on the internet but nothing authoritative. For your 1.5 model, there however seems to be a consensus that the 1.6/1.8 front springs will raise your car's height.

I suggest you read this first- https://www.kyb.com.my/uploads/applicationchart/Proton_-_DONE.pdf

Look under "Suspension Kits" From here, look at the code numbers for front/rear springs.

Rear is the same even for absorber just the front is different.

If I follow what Iszo Sifu get myself a set Wira SE whole set I think is ok? Won't jack up I think?
And the absorber mounting Wira Se can fit normal wira 1.5?

https://m.mudah.my/view?ad_id=67759995&share_from=android&share_to=other

Saw someone selling whole set type. I just buy and use it 1st. The potong spring absorber keep squiking noise is really annoy me.
Is like using your nail to scratch the blsckboard sound. Hahahahahahaha

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Are you buying new or used springs? I dont think there's anyone selling new Wira SE springs. Spare parts shops are likely to pass 1.6 springs as SE.

I wonder if Satria Neo's springs will fit
Used one. Whole set with absorber & spring togather. They quote me RM300 include post to JB.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Better get new. Visit some spare parts shop. If me, I will find one that stocks the KYB springs. Then ask to compare them
Kyb rear is the same
Just the front is different. And also suspension kit there didn't mention spring for wira se. I asume same category with wira 1.6?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

there are quite lots of confusions and questions before i take the words from vrturbo.... since into mod.. just do it... then i did it today:smokin:

View attachment 543682

BEFORE

View attachment 543683

AFTER

instead of some blink blink effect and more neat looking, what i feel is increase in engine response:driver:... at least i noticed that my boost kicks in earlier 300-500 rpm than previous plug cable set up... normal around 3500rpm 0.7bar full now around 3000-3200...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience