Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I think now the issue is only the speedometer issue. Got $$$ will buy a 02 sensor swap out. This month burn too much $$$ on this car already.hahahahahaha
O2 sensor is well below RM100 as its almost universal. Only different is some got built in heater to speed up the sensor heating process so engine runs cleaner quicker. U will notice older car have their sensor with only 2 wires. Newer car got 3 and sometimes 4 wires. The sensor ideal working temperature is very high.

U can feel smoother engine once new sensor is installed and best of all...better fc

Talk abt fc, its very recommended to replace the fuel filter. Its an easy DIY job. Smoother response but bad fc...Bad coz u tend to accelerate harder..hihihi

Reactions: Izso

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
O2 sensor is well below RM100 as its almost universal. Only different is some got built in heater to speed up the sensor heating process so engine runs cleaner quicker. U will notice older car have their sensor with only 2 wires. Newer car got 3 and sometimes 4 wires. The sensor ideal working temperature is very high.

U can feel smoother engine once new sensor is installed and best of all...better fc

Talk abt fc, its very recommended to replace the fuel filter. Its an easy DIY job. Smoother response but bad fc...Bad coz u tend to accelerate harder..hihihi
Juz now go and check the Fuel filter already. Need to took the air filter pipe and I think is good to go and change it. The 02 sensor need to wait until the car is cool down. the socket is quite inside.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
501 is just the speed sensor not in sync or something la. Won't damage anything except maybe cause you get saman because you speeding without knowing it.

171 however better get that O2 sensor checked. VDO Wiras are very finicky with the O2 sensor. If that sensor fails your FC will plummet. And I mean rock bottom plummet. It's horrible. Don't wait for it to be that bad before you fix that

Until now I had fill 2 tank ok petrol.

1st tank go around 370km+

2nd tank by adding Lucas oil fuel treatment it goes around 415km

pretty suprise for the mileage it can get

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Until now I had fill 2 tank ok petrol.

1st tank go around 370km+

2nd tank by adding Lucas oil fuel treatment it goes around 415km

pretty suprise for the mileage it can get
That's not bad for an auto. Maybe it's not an O2 sensor problem then. If your FC is so good no need to waste money changing the O2 for now I think.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
That's not bad for an auto. Maybe it's not an O2 sensor problem then. If your FC is so good no need to waste money changing the O2 for now I think.

I bought thr 02 sensor yesterday already. Hahahahahaha. Might as well swap out then dunno when it spoil then only change. Hahahahaha

Reactions: Izso

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Mine is RM90

Haven't have time to install.Hahahahaha
Depending on the location some O2 sensor on certain engine require special socket to remove and install due to the wire coming out of the sensor and very tight spacewhile some can be done using ring spanner if the space permits.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
And now Is Changing the Absorber part.

I consider to take Kyb Excel G for the car.
RM390 a set.
Since the car is potong spring so I consider to chg the spring as well.
But I was curious how high is the stock height for the wira? I have consider to use a set of Gab & ftuned spring to replace the potong spring. The gap i think is around 2.5 finger front & rear (maybe high abit?) Both spring I got quote is RM380 as for a set of new kyb coil spring is RM200+~300.

My friend suggest me to take Gab HE better. Since I am changing the whole set and the $$$ total is very near a Gab bodyshift adjustable.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
And now Is Changing the Absorber part.

I consider to take Kyb Excel G for the car.
RM390 a set.
Since the car is potong spring so I consider to chg the spring as well.
But I was curious how high is the stock height for the wira? I have consider to use a set of Gab & ftuned spring to replace the potong spring. The gap i think is around 2.5 finger front & rear (maybe high abit?) Both spring I got quote is RM380 as for a set of new kyb coil spring is RM200+~300.

My friend suggest me to take Gab HE better. Since I am changing the whole set and the $$$ total is very near a Gab bodyshift adjustable.
Since you are replacing the complete set, I suggest getting the 1.6/1.8 spring/absorber sets.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have already gotten the Vr4 engine and i was wandering one more thing
is tuning really need?

Is tuning really nessery does is affect the hp or the handling of the car?
and how do i tuning the engine?

Omg did not tought of this need some really professional help

Thanks guys for helping out... wish i could repay you Brothers
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience