Rides - Drift Machine

OSFlanker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2004
Visit site
I was told the Chevy V8 has another advantage - cost. You can order direct from GM for around USD1k plus. That's cheaper than half cuts here and it's brand new direct from manufacturer!!!!

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Originally posted by MK84+Oct 4 2004, 10:19 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MK84 @ Oct 4 2004, 10:19 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Battousai@Oct 3 2004, 23:52
What are the advantages then?
Weight, specifically weight balance. [/b][/quote]
Pushrod engines are more balanced? in what way?LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
Originally posted by .S K A G E E.@Oct 4 2004, 11:48
Pushrod engines are more balanced? in what way?LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
In ways no kereta buruk can match... LOLOLOLOLOL.

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
Originally posted by trancebum@Oct 4 2004, 11:10
MK...push rods good meh? they cant rev hi (usually max out at bout 6k or less) for a NA car. rev any higher, there goes the entire valve train. other than having HUGE displaments 400+cubic inches of displacement....the engine itself can be considered as dinasaur age. other than that, the engine itself is quite simple. i wonder if there's mechanic here in m'sia tat has seen one...let alone fix it!! but i do love the sound of the chevy big block V8's.....fantastic! oya...those cars also drink petrol faster u can say 'o shit!! i need to pump more gas!!' :lol: :lol:

back to the show...there was this 1 black VERY WIDE bodied car...anyone know what that car was? the front head lights looked a bit like the dodge viper....but i dont recall any other american cars other than the GTO, which was factory sponsored from GM.
Aiyoo read properly lah. I said they have their advantages, I never said they're good.

Ok think about this for a while. Compare the heads for pushrod vs OHC. Which one is heavier? Of course this only applies to Vee engines.

The black car is the Eclipse Viper, Tarzan's car.

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Originally posted by MK84@Oct 4 2004, 11:59

Ok think about this for a while. Compare the heads for pushrod vs OHC. Which one is heavier? Of course this only applies to Vee engines.

Are you making assumptions that because a pushrod engine head has less moving parts so the are definately lighter than OHC heads?Even if that's true , in what way will it make it a well balanced engine???LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL..

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
Not assumptions, facts presented rather. As for balance, would you rather have all those weight on top or bottom? I know la u like it on top LOLOLOLOL.

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Ok..So "facts" has it that push rod engine have lighter heads and a well balanced engine consititute of having all its weight at the bottom..hmmmm..LOLOLOLOLOLOL

please don't whack kau me..

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
I have a push-rod..!, anybody wants one?....lololololol....

trancebum

Known Member
Feb 17, 2004
Originally posted by MK84+Oct 4 2004, 11:59 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MK84 @ Oct 4 2004, 11:59 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-trancebum@Oct 4 2004, 11:10
MK...push rods good meh? they cant rev hi (usually max out at bout 6k or less) for a NA car. rev any higher, there goes the entire valve train. other than having HUGE displaments 400+cubic inches of displacement....the engine itself can be considered as dinasaur age. other than that, the engine itself is quite simple. i wonder if there's mechanic here in m'sia tat has seen one...let alone fix it!! but i do love the sound of the chevy big block V8's.....fantastic! oya...those cars also drink petrol faster u can say 'o shit!! i need to pump more gas!!'  :lol:  :lol:

back to the show...there was this 1 black VERY WIDE bodied car...anyone know what that car was? the front head lights looked a bit like the dodge viper....but i dont recall any other american cars other than the GTO, which was factory sponsored from GM.
Aiyoo read properly lah. I said they have their advantages, I never said they're good.

The black car is the Eclipse Viper, Tarzan's car. [/b][/quote]

MK...sorry man...got mixed up between good and advantages :D yea, there are some advantages to pushrods...but it's rather limited. ;) i prefer current technology over those archaic designs! :lol: :lol: also, cars with pushrod engines usually have very good balance...cos the engines are mounted quite close to the center of the car. the advantage = balance (as u've mentioned).

eclipe viper?? :blink: :blink: what in the world is that!??!

black,
nola...dun think it was a s15. this wide bodied car was just doing spin outs on the track. the video did not even show it competing. think mebe MK is correct...altho i have no idea watsoever an eclipse viper is. :lol: :lol:

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
trancebum: Hi, can't OHC engines be mounted to the center of the car too? sorry for the silly question , I'm a newbie on pushrod engines.

MK; LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ASS'U'LIKE..LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

coldair: Hello , does Aunty know you are offering your push rod over the internet??!! :angry:

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
S.K.A.G.E.E.,
Newbie to push-rods?.... here, take mine !!!!! lololololol.......