Rich fumes from exhaust pipe

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
Does any one knows how to solve the issue engine running to rich as exhaust does get strong fume smell? Does decarbonizing the engine using the liquid helps? Btw mileage running at 104k already.

Please help.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
strong fume from the exhaust is one of an indication of ignition not properly firing. please check the ignition system for any problem and report back, tq sir

fyi, my dad's unser hit more den 300k km, and there isnt any fume from the zorst

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
I think ill try to go for the decarbonizing first since it acts as a top overhaul. So far ignition is not a issue to me as i do not have any ignition issue as i change my spark plugs every 15k servicing.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
strong fume from the exhaust is one of an indication of ignition not properly firing. please check the ignition system for any problem and report back, tq sir

fyi, my dad's unser hit more den 300k km, and there isnt any fume from the zorst
***fyi, my dad's unser hit more den 300k km, and there isnt any fume from the zorst
cos his son is a SIFU ma...:adore:

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
HAHAHA sifu can so keng wan. If thats the case you can solve all cars in ZTH d

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
Dude its probably due to your combustion. Is your engine running to lean for petrol to derive to carbon mono?

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
How is your fuel consumption? Does it get worst than normal?
If your ignition is fine, I assume your AF ratio is running too rich.
Your O2 sensor in good condition?

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
i do face the same prob.. my foreman said my petrol is rich after being upgraded. is it normal to put a/f rch as im using highcam?/ btw, my petrol is worst.. any suggestion?/ no sensor, carb engine.. eheheee..

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
Currently my fuel consumption is alright but slightly more than usual. Currently running at 104k mileage which needs a top overhaul. Car is in standard mode. Just changed extractor and air filter only. AF ratio?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
***fyi, my dad's unser hit more den 300k km, and there isnt any fume from the zorst
cos his son is a SIFU ma...:adore:
lol, no laaaa.. merely stating the truth jer, iam no sifu sir

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

HAHAHA sifu can so keng wan. If thats the case you can solve all cars in ZTH d
iam sorry if any of my post offended u in any way sir

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

sorry for tumpang your tread..

wat other factor if exhaust has some petrol smell?/
u sure its from the zorst? leakage in the fuel tank area can also exert strong fuel smell

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
I do not understand why you need to do top overhaul, when you/your mechanic still do not know why your car exhaust emitted some fuel fumes. :dontknow:

If I were you, I would do the compression test, get the AF reading and checking any leaking on fuel linkage first, before straight away jump into conclusion it needed for top overhaul.

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
lol, no laaaa.. merely stating the truth jer, iam no sifu sir

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

iam sorry if any of my post offended u in any way sir

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

u sure its from the zorst? leakage in the fuel tank area can also exert strong fuel smell
sure.. my foreman says im using highcam and my adj cam is advance.. so petrol fumes is normal.. is it true?/

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Malay Mail
HOW TO STEAL A TOYOTA
Submitted by pekwan on Friday, December 18th, 2009

Just Google, and you can break into one with a RM300 device
Muzliza Mustafa
Friday, December 18th, 2009 09:39:00
Toyota Gadget

THE GADGET: The Toyota Key Maker (TKM) used by syndicates to steal Toyota cars

PETALING JAYA: It doesn't take that much to steal a Toyota, surprisingly.

All one needs to do is to Google and you are on your way to "owning" one.

A probe by The Malay Mail revealed...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience