Review: Q8 Oils

sn_ting

Known Member
May 24, 2006
snting.blogspot.com
I will get it change this few days and go Genting to test it out...hehehe

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
my oil change interval is around the the corner, anyone here could recommend me q8 oil? fyi, im driving satria gti and i staying around shah alam... please pm me your best deals for q8 oil... :)

FatAssRubber

Feb 12, 2007
I am amazed by how many enthusiast here whom are so concern about a few bucks difference in the retail price of the oil that you are using.

Explain to me, is RM3 so big comparable to your time driving around to another dealer, find another parking.. or simply got pissed and angry the guys didnt want to give you that Rm3 discount?

Distributor will give to dealer a special discount price. And normally there will be a MRSP. In every country you go, as end user, you will be sold this price. In Malaysia, unfortunately, this ethic of business is broken. Most people think they are so buddy with their mechanics that they are oblidgated to be given discount. My friends... if you are his buddy.. please remember what ever ringgit and cents they are making is from the buffer from distributor and dealers price. Why you want to make their life difficult if you are his buddy?

If you are not his buddy, why on earth should he give you discount?

Come on guys, i am not a fan of steep inflation, but believe me ... your effort and the time spend on this discussion is worth more than the RM3 discount.

One more reason the price is up is due to crude price up. Who drove it up?? you and me as a consumer. no one to blame but ourselves.

ROY!! you gonna thank me for this. :)

Ciao..

mroctopus

Feb 21, 2006
Unfortunately these are all consumer mind set. If you have studied consumer behavior, this is very normal.

For example, how many ppl actually compare coke price between Tesco, Giant, Carrefour...? believe me, many does. Coke cheaper Rm0.3 per 24 pack will create a huge crowd. Why, because it is cheaper.. no matter how cheap the different is, and many consumer who think one place selling cheap coke will also have many other products that are cheap as well. This apply to the ppl shopping for cheap lube, may also get cheap filter, spare parts at the same place..etc.

if all ppl think like you.. world peace already. no more price war. heh

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
wa.. the reason i ask is that i just wanna buy the oil and not try to start price war between supplier... for me to go out there and find parking and all quite a hassle.. i dun mind if i didn't get the rm3 discount who said that i gonna be angry if i didn't get rm3 discount... since when ask for best price nowdays consider sumtin to be ashamed of?? there are many reason that one can offer diff price for the same product(location,pricing strategy..etc etc etc) the aim here is to get both party to agree on the price(bargain).. my bad my bad for spoiling this thread....

pdguy

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
Everywhere
any recommendation for an mivec1.6 engine?
currently im on shell helix 15-50W ! jus advice me teh oil n price !
thanks !

gorjothong

Sep 20, 2006
Q8 G LOnglife 5w-30 is an extended drain oil and is suitable for 10k drain interval

-az-

Jun 9, 2006
hey to all Q8 users... just want to ask would the 5w-40 excel (fully syn)be a good choice for mivec's??? just wondering... becoz if heard that not adviseable to use fully syn on a mivec.. any mivec users here?

mie7

Known Member
Dec 9, 2005
bro...which one better, X1R or lubegard...need to add into my engine la with Q8 10/40...help please

Thanks

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
im currently using the Q8 advance 10/40. It feels much better than my previous pertonas synthium. The synthium feels good but once you hit around 3k km, it starts to feel heavish and sticky. The Q8 currently lets my engine rev better at higher rpms.
maybe because the weight is less. The petronas I was using is a 15/50. Now im using a 10/40.

mie7

Known Member
Dec 9, 2005
which one is better for 1.6 soch vtec

Q8 10/40 advance + lubegard or

Q8 15/50 F1

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Having this problem where if my car don't start for 2 days, i will need to jumpstart it... happen for 3 weekends in a row...

Changed the battery to AC Delco MF but still same problem... switch to another AC Delco batt but problem still persists....

However, when car starts, charging show 13.0 Volt .... sometimes when idle at traffic light.. drops to like 12.2 Volt .. and even once to 11.5 Volt ....

And when engine is off, its about 12.4V only ... is this a sign that my alternator is a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience