Review: Firestorm Ignition Coil Booster

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Is this FS any different from the Power Ignition by TM Works? Apart for the price and brand, do they actually do the same thing?

Thanks

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
so, after all these pages, no conclusion?
are you still up for the test izso?
I actually did get a test unit from a seller (not the dude in this chat thread) and it was in my car for 2 days when I got stranded at Jln University cuz car suddenly just died off. This was my stock standard Sylphy btw that I tested it in. After checking a whole bunch of things I took out the FS and replaced it with my original fuse and hey presto the car started again. Basically the FS (which was brand new btw) died in my car.

Interesting thing was that the fuse in the FS didn't break and I didn't want to put it in my car again for testing since it's hooked to my ignition fuse I think. I can't remember which fuse socket but it was an important one. I returned the loaner to the guy who let me try and explained what happened. He stopped selling FS shortly after that citing that business was slow and he had to focus on his studies.

I'm not saying FS is bad or good, unfortunately the unit in my car failed and I don't know how the gadget even works so I can't exactly disprove that it supposedly does work.

So essentially we're back to square one.

Last edited:

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I actually did get a test unit from a seller (not the dude in this chat thread) and it was in my car for 2 days when I got stranded at Jln University cuz car suddenly just died off. This was my stock standard Sylphy btw that I tested it in. After checking a whole bunch of things I took out the FS and replaced it with my original fuse and hey presto the car started again. Basically the FS (which was brand new btw) died in my car.

Interesting thing was that the fuse in the FS didn't break and I didn't want to put it in my car again for testing since it's hooked to my ignition fuse I think. I can't remember which fuse socket but it was an important one. I returned the loaner to the guy who let me try and explained what happened. He stopped selling FS shortly after that citing that business was slow and he had to focus on his studies.

I'm not saying FS is bad or good, unfortunately the unit in my car failed and I don't know how the gadget even works so I can't exactly disprove that it supposedly does work.

Should try to get a test unit for the TM Works thingy. Wonder if it is any different or better. Coz its not cheap.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

But during the 2 days before it failed, did you feel any difference? Seems like no difference, is it?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Response/Power wise - no difference
Fuel consumption - can't tell since only 2 days
Butt feel - None

I have to say even though I preach that on my car RON95/97 makes no difference, truth is there is a slight torque increase when i use higher octane. It's noticeable but not significant. With the FS I didn't feel any difference at all. But then again my car takes a day to adjust to the octane differences so I'd assume it'd take as long to adjust to the FS. But unfortunately it broke after 2 days so I didn't really get a proper test done.

Marv3 : That TM Works wiring thing is it? Which product you referring to

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Just to add, I still have one unit in my Hyundai, however it seems to be like normal only, so what I did was transfer it to my VR play play loh since have same socket point. However I find it difficult to start VR after fitting it in. No butt feel or any difference so after one day I remove it since I am getting difficulty in starting. After take out, VR start very normal, but I cannot explain this. In Hyundai starts normal but feel normal only.....lol

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
oh ya...this thing...i still have it in my car lol. Maybe i shall remove it one day and drive for some time and reinstall it

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Referring to the TM Works Direct Power Harness Kit.....
It makes a difference. My sylphy using it but mine is a DIY version of the TM Works harness. The TM Works one is more PNP.

However I can't really tell if there was power increase or whatever, it only make acceleration crispier. It wasn't as hesitant. Other than that there's not much difference than stock.

hitz

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Kepong, KL
It makes a difference. My sylphy using it but mine is a DIY version of the TM Works harness. The TM Works one is more PNP.

However I can't really tell if there was power increase or whatever, it only make acceleration crispier. It wasn't as hesitant. Other than that there's not much difference than stock.

Mine sharing how you DIY the TM Works harness?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,
Does anyone know of any shops in the Klang Valley area that do a decent job of spraying/painting brake calipers? Am thinking of having my Wira's calipers sprayed/painted red, have seen the DIY guide postings, but would rather have someone do it for me if the price is reasonable. Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience