Review: Firestorm Ignition Coil Booster

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Huh? I said that since I would be in KL you guys can meet up to test the FireStorm. I thought that was the main intention of many here who wanted to know if the FireStorm did work or was just another sales gimmick.

I made the offer so if any of you guys want to kill that curiosity to know the answer then make an appointment with me to test out the FireStorm range of products.

I know that it is impossible to satisfy everyone's whims and fancies but I am trying my best here.

Izso, are you game???

Cheers.
Can actually know whether it works in just few mins? I guess they would want to have 1 sample unit to test for more than few mins to really find out how effective is the product?

I mean most of the time when we test new stuffs, butt feel are usually the thing that we get, so to say it works in few mins, could be just butt feel. Well, not saying is always like that but just possibilities are there.

Or u could just rent it to them with a small price that would be enough to cover your loss? As long can come into agreement, I guess is alright for both parties.

Just my suggestions if they really need more time to test it out. Not siding anyone ya.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Can actually know whether it works in just few mins? I guess they would want to have 1 sample unit to test for more than few mins to really find out how effective is the product?

I mean most of the time when we test new stuffs, butt feel are usually the thing that we get, so to say it works in few mins, could be just butt feel. Well, not saying is always like that but just possibilities are there.

Or u could just rent it to them with a small price that would be enough to cover your loss? As long can come into agreement, I guess is alright for both parties.

Just my suggestions if they really need more time to test it out. Not siding anyone ya.
Exactly, agree with bro. SF on this. Lent a set to bro. Izso for test. We are not sure whether the ECU will countered the FS as we have done air leak device and the ECU did counter it after a few days. I actually have a FS in my Hyundai driven by my daughter. Initially she felt the smoothness, but after a few days no more feel already. You will probably say, she got uses to the smoothness already.
That is why a test unit will be good, then bro. Izso can also send fo dyno test before, after and after a while. If your unit is so good, you will surely gain from this test....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Exactly, agree with bro. SF on this. Lent a set to bro. Izso for test. We are not sure whether the ECU will countered the FS as we have done air leak device and the ECU did counter it after a few days. I actually have a FS in my Hyundai driven by my daughter. Initially she felt the smoothness, but after a few days no more feel already. You will probably say, she got uses to the smoothness already.
That is why a test unit will be good, then bro. Izso can also send fo dyno test before, after and after a while. If your unit is so good, you will surely gain from this test....:driver:
Yup, if the product is real good, I think it will benefit the distributors more than ever. Unless is otherwise. Free write up and review...:hmmmm: Why not? Yet dyno cost bear by Izso IINM. I mean is a real good deal to test it out.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Huh? I said that since I would be in KL you guys can meet up to test the FireStorm. I thought that was the main intention of many here who wanted to know if the FireStorm did work or was just another sales gimmick.

I made the offer so if any of you guys want to kill that curiosity to know the answer then make an appointment with me to test out the FireStorm range of products.

I know that it is impossible to satisfy everyone's whims and fancies but I am trying my best here.

Izso, are you game???

Cheers.

Yup, if the product is real good, I think it will benefit the distributors more than ever. Unless is otherwise. Free write up and review...:hmmmm: Why not? Yet dyno cost bear by Izso IINM. I mean is a real good deal to test it out.
Well I guess I dont have to say more, do I? I have a unit myself too and I am also used to it already. But the funny thing is when I take out the item and drive, the feeling is the same.
So if the sellers are really eager to let people to actually test it properly, that would be great. Just dont sound proud for letting others to test it for 5mins lol

But too bad no more hero to test haha

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
found this sharing to all it works or just another add on...

This guy just did a DIY version of Ignition booster test on bike and cars...Link below

(diy) spark booooooster
Hahaha. That diy booster is a spark Voltage Stabilizer that uses a capacitor to supposedly hold the charge but this is an old design that was then the best that was available back in 1994.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Well I guess I dont have to say more, do I? I have a unit myself too and I am also used to it already. But the funny thing is when I take out the item and drive, the feeling is the same.
So if the sellers are really eager to let people to actually test it properly, that would be great. Just dont sound proud for letting others to test it for 5mins lol

But too bad no more hero to test haha
Perhaps you could lend your unit to Izso?

I guess some may think they experience a placebo effect or they believe that the ECU learned the ignition timing and spark effects and countered it. Our R&D tests in many car modes don't show this happening even after a year of using the FireStorm. But to argue this point is pointless.

I only offer the free testing since no other dealer even want to do this for ZTH Forummers.

The FireStorm sales are definitely going very well with over 8000 units sold in just 2.5 years to the point that some copycats have even tried to clone the FireStorm but failed miserably. Tbis is why the KL copycat who did the fake HKS Voltage Booster is selling his fake product at RM30 today but when he started selling a few months ago was sold at RM200.

The FireStorm had also been sold to overseas market especially to Australia, New Zealand, USA, Europe and other countries. I am just making a point that it is very difficult for an Asian performance product to penetrate overseas Kwai-lo market unless the product is really bonafide.

Google for Benzworld and FireStorm and see why I am happy that my promotional efforts are worth the trouble. I don't have to promote the product myself as my customers will do it much more effectively for me.

At least I have made the offer to you guys so I have done my part in meeting you guys half way.

Cheers.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Your R&D test? Where is the test results? If you have them show to the kwai lo, sure can sell one....

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
That is why I said that we are already selling to them overseas. And they didn't even ask for the R&D results as you're all harping about.

The manufacturer is not into agressively pushing his product in the market but only sharing this product with those interested to have some better performance with an affordable priced product. We dont promise ridiculous figures in performance gains but instead let the prospective customers gauge for themselves the gains.

This is why we adopt the approach that you buy only if you're satisfied. And please don't tell me about loss of butt feel 1 or 2 months down the road. Even if you buy an American or European performance product and after 2 months feel that you lost that butt feel, do you think they would give you the time of day to hear your lamentations?

The FireStorm LifeTime 1-to-1 Exchange Warranty is for hard electronics failure and not about loss of butt feel. No American, Japanese or European product will warrant your total satisfaction for a lifetime coverage.

Cheers.

Last edited:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
R&D? Oh man he actually said that! R&D with results = research and development. R&D without results = Redo and duplicate.

I don't know why u like Kwai loh so much and it's definitely not Kwai loh knows the best dude. And I believe they are many Kwai loh like us who wants an actual technical description rather than customer feedback la, got people want to copy but failed la, sold many units la, and so on. Those are just marketing talk.

Well I wanted to lend my unit to Izso but things didn't went well and he had sold his hero. Somemore it's not plug and play coz the fuse isn't the same. Oh well, that's not an excuse, it's just that it didn't happen. And no firestorm seller was keen to let Izso to do a test with his unit, what a shame. I guess I'm outta here until someone can provide an interesting info sharing. I've done my review, whether the product is good or not it all depends on every individual.

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
Yup. I don't think any FireStorm seller would waste so much time in this topic talking round and round.

Even William Hoo also didn't bother to waste him time here. I must be crazy wasting my time here talking to "super engineers".

No more replies from me.

Might as well close off this topic.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wah.. I am away for 2 days and I see my name thrown here there everywhere. Woooi...

PS. So much talk based on hypothesis and everything else. Why dont you guys just pluck up the courage and come to meet me at Sunway Pyramid on the weekend night? Dont be afraid, I wont bite. I would like to meet especially Izso and all the taiko here who are super skeptical about what the FireStorm owners claim in forums. You will never know what you're talking about until you've experienced it. That's a challenge to you guys. After you've tested it, you can badmouth the FireStorm products as much as you want and I won't raise any objections. Just be truthful and don't let pride get in the way.
I'm interested, however to be more comprehensive - I need time to do a proper test. I'm not too keen with trying for short periods of time. Sometime ago I was given a air-leaker device to test and it worked wonders for the first 1.5 days in my now-sold car. But after that the car adapted and made it redundant.

And since your product is a fuel saving device, it'll be useful to do a before and after comparison with ideally 4 weeks of tests, 2 weeks with and 2 weeks without the device. That was the bare minimum of what I wanted to test last time when I was discussing with you. You don't need a dyno test imho cuz dynos can be affected by so many things in the car.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the critics here. You've been very professional and courteous with your replies and I do appreciate that. Rare to come across a responsive seller that doesn't get overly defensive and rude. It's only a pity you can't share any hard evidence of the R&D.

Eh.. dammit. I keep forgetting. You and CV both have one.. LEND ME LAAAAAAAA. !@)(*#!@)&%!(@#*!&

I'll try on my new car. HEhehe.:idea:

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Speaking of dyno,

I'm having a dyno session tomorrow.. If izso wanna come join to test the firestorm, let me know ;)

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Eh.. dammit. I keep forgetting. You and CV both have one.. LEND ME LAAAAAAAA. !@)(*#!@)&%!(@#*!&

I'll try on my new car. HEhehe.:idea:
Yup, and both have different wire mount so see which fits. If both does not fit then sorry, we cannot cut....

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan has finally launched the V36 Skyline Coupe 370GT to the Japanese market with 333ps under the hood, making it the most powerful V6 in its class.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

The V36 Skyline Coupe is powered by VQ37VHR ,also includes Nissan’s new...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience