Review: Firestorm Ignition Coil Booster

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
Wah. You hardcore TT kaki leh. Haha.

Cheers bro.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Wah you really TT kaki. Hahaha.

Cheers bro.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hahaha...not hardcore...I just enjoy the get together moment and the people I meet as my job also involved flying around the world to meet different people so just driving to my neighboring states is nothing.

BTW, back to the topic. I only had the chance to test the FS for a short while I did feel the improvement but it was not documented so Izso's test will be a very good base to make this product see more light and gain more grounds. Honestly speaking, I've been modding cars for so long and I only got to know about this FS this year....

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
Wow interesting job.

There are some gains on paper and in the butt dyno but the ultimate question is if the individual happy with the gains that he sees and feels? Everyone has their own expectations. So Izso's testing may not be a positive point for his own preference but others are more than happy with the gains.

That is why we have not given individual unofficial testing of the FireStorm

Cheers.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
peter, I believe Izso's testing is fair and independent. Not because he's a Moderator here then I support him blindly. If the products work it works. It's simple. Result shows gain then definitely there's gain.

Izso's main point is to test if the products work or do not work as claimed so personal expectation will needed to be put aside when it comes to product testing that why Izso has used Dyno tools to aid his testing on his previous product testing. I strongly believe Izso's test will be fruitful and will definitely aid FS's claim to a higher level.

Izso's previous product testing.
Mythbuster - fuel additives vs Vsafe Energy - Zerotohundred.com

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Izso - my unit is on standby for your test anytime.

Actually I wasnt pushing any dealer or distributor to lend a unit for Izso to test. I actually hoped that the inventor or the manufacturer would commit to this then it will be a direct deal between the maker and Izso. That would be more "general" so there's fair and square to all dealers. Well anyway, if there is nobody who would lend, Izso can still get mine. And now that Peter agreed to put a Super unit for a test, that is even better. Kudos to that. But I doubt that he can complete the test within this short period of time.....

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
About 2 weeks of testing time. I dont know how long he would take to test. In any case for his SVDO Wira, the FireStorm will be installed in the engine bay fusebox. It is a plug and play installation but the FireStorm will have to sit outside the fusebox which means that the unit can no longer be sold after it is returned to me. I can use it in my other spare car though.

Cheers bro.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
About 2 weeks of testing time. I dont know how long he would take to test. In any case for his SVDO Wira, the FireStorm will be installed in the engine bay fusebox. It is a plug and play installation but the FireStorm will have to sit outside the fusebox which means that the unit can no longer be sold after it is returned to me. I can use it in my other spare car though.

Cheers bro.
Hmm..that you gotta get a method statement from him. Coz I guess that he's gonna test the power (butt /dyno) and its fuel saving ability. So lets say he finishes 1 tank of petrol per week. So that's only 2 tanks of petrols...I took to the extend of testing with 3 tanks of petrol with and without FS and then take the average coz 2 numbers dont really make a "group", more like just partners to me kakaka.

Or maybe you can provide him a second hand unit? The one you are using? Im just sayin'

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
Kajang to Seremban not far la.....I even went all the way to Kepong, Publika, Shah Alam, Malacca few times for TT also have....it's not the journey that matters is the people that you can meet at TT and the new friendship you can make....that's is worth it.

I also forgot about the test also because was indulge with sharing info and chatting with the attendees.
Out of topic:
Boss, planning to have PJ TT soon. Come join if ure available ;)

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Melvin, will do if timing permit....since now got an extra little girl.....Hahahahaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ah. Now I know the whole story. Thanks for the explanation Izso.

Since that guy approached you then backed out a few times which is a bad thing to do as he had shown how irresponsible he is and this will cause him his credibility and future sales. Will anyone dare to buy from him again? I have had some customer's russle with him a few times but just left him be.

I am not worried about the outcome of your test, be it positive or negative as the test setup will be based on your own environment and your own expectations. I take this as a challenge to show that I am who I say I am so I will send you a Super model of the FireStorm to test until the end of this month, 30 September 2013. Just send it back to me the following day after the expiry of this loan period.

How does that sound? Hahaha.

Cheers.
Thanks Peter but I'm a bit hesitant to try since this unit will no longer be sell-able after I install it. Would wrapping it up in plastic and foam preserve the unit? Also I need more than 1 month to test the thing. My test will need to include before and after dyno comparisons and I try to go on days that have similar weather so I don't get too much differences in dyno readings due to atmospheric differences. Also, I take an average over 3-4 full tanks and one tank takes about 2 weeks to complete for me. So I'll need at least 3 months to finish a proper test.

Perhaps you could PM me the price of this device then I can consider whether or not to purchase it then do my own testing. Obviously if the price is too high (I'm a DIY-er. Scrooge is my middle name) then I won't be able to agree to purchasing the unit.

peter, I believe Izso's testing is fair and independent. Not because he's a Moderator here then I support him blindly. If the products work it works. It's simple. Result shows gain then definitely there's gain.

Izso's main point is to test if the products work or do not work as claimed so personal expectation will needed to be put aside when it comes to product testing that why Izso has used Dyno tools to aid his testing on his previous product testing. I strongly believe Izso's test will be fruitful and will definitely aid FS's claim to a higher level.

Izso's previous product testing.
Mythbuster - fuel additives vs Vsafe Energy - Zerotohundred.com
Wah.. I am flattered you think that highly of me! But you're right. It wouldn't be a proper independent test if I only relied on butt dyno and a proper dyno is the only tool these days to show a proper gain or loss a product can give. The dyno machine itself may not show accurately how much power my car has, but if there's a gain or a loss it'll definitely show regardless of how puny WHP my car produces.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Kajang to Seremban not far la.....I even went all the way to Kepong, Publika, Shah Alam, Malacca few times for TT also have....it's not the journey that matters is the people that you can meet at TT and the new friendship you can make....that's is worth it.

I also forgot about the test also because was indulge with sharing info and chatting with the attendees.
ha! ha! Yah! At Publika TT, I was a bit shock when you mentioned you came from Seremban.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Thanks Peter but I'm a bit hesitant to try since this unit will no longer be sell-able after I install it. Would wrapping it up in plastic and foam preserve the unit? Also I need more than 1 month to test the thing. My test will need to include before and after dyno comparisons and I try to go on days that have similar weather so I don't get too much differences in dyno readings due to atmospheric differences. Also, I take an average over 3-4 full tanks and one tank takes about 2 weeks to complete for me. So I'll need at least 3 months to finish a proper test.

Perhaps you could PM me the price of this device then I can consider whether or not to purchase it then do my own testing. Obviously if the price is too high (I'm a DIY-er. Scrooge is my middle name) then I won't be able to agree to purchasing the unit.
No need to buy. Since Peter mention your Wira to be installed in engine bay fuse box should be same as my Mitsu based Hyundai (I actually have a unit too) ha! ha!:biggrin:
That was why i ask what type on connection earlier. Cvkit one on the Myvi have smaller fuse connection. Lets see which ones fits your car....
To me I got no butt feel after I drive my VR the other two ride is nothing....hahahahaha:biggrin:
Actually my VR have same connection, and I did transfer the unit to the VR but somehow it seems to draw current therefore I have to turn the key longer for the car to crank..:banghead:
Took out and put back to the Hyundai...:smokin:

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
Thanks for your concern and understanding, Izso. 3-4 months will be a long time indeed. Perhaps it will be in time for a Christmas surprise. Haha.

The dyno will reveal an immediate results of some gains in hp and torque.

Cheers.

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
It isn't advertising. Just a sincere offer of FOC testing for any ZTH members in Penang who may want to test the FireStorm.

The problem at ZTH is that there are too many professors who spout theory without knowing what they are talking about. Hence my offer for FOC testing so that these people can know what the FireStorm can do and put any speculation to rest.

I am not making any sales offer here.

Thank you.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After the last Dodge Viper rolled off the assembly line, the interwebs kicked into warp drive and started spinning out the usual array of rumours about the end of the model or a replacement based on the Alfa 8C Competizione.

However, following a dealers convention in September at Florida, a concept of the next snake was unveiled to a convention...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience