Review: Firestorm Ignition Coil Booster

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
We have a few customers who complained of this same issue. In the end, the owner of the car removed his Voltage Stabilizer and the higher end flat response was further improved.

The reason for this is because the FireStorm works on resonance and frequency increase but the Voltage Stabilizer also works on clamping the frequency. Hence the higher RPM range will contribute higher frequency resonance which would be clamped by the Voltage Stabilizer causing the feeling that the engine is being shunt or held back.

For those who have experienced the alternator whining sound from their car audio system will note that the high pitched whine will get higher as they rev the engine harder. This proves that the higher the rev so is the higher frequency whine.

Cheers.

PS. RON95 petrol increased by 20sen per litre so now every driver will pay an extra RM4-RM13 more per full tank. Any original un-aided engine will still run in the same manner and the cost of petrol will increase for the car owner. The FireStorm will help you save a little over the long term but it will definitely give you a better driving experience.
So can you conclude that the firestorm works better without voltage stabilizer?

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
There is no conclusive evidence in the make and models of Voltage Stabilizers in combination with car models that would foresee such incidents of retarded performance.

This had obly happened to a few customers and the possibility us that their VS model clashed with the FireStorm in their particular car model.

I have not taken note of the brand of VS or their car model that had caused the clash with the FireStorm. If such cases do arise more in future then we will look into the issue but for now its just a matter of a few cars.

The FireStorm performed even way much better without the Voltage Stabilizer for those few customers.

Cheers.

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
You mean Best-i? I have been hunting for that. Don't know where to get that for my car model. Please advise if you know.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

I love your writeup and feel positive about the product cvkit17. I mean it makes perfect sense scientifically unlike one of those magnetic fuel saver and air compressor bullshit.

However, there is just one concern about this product. I do agree with the idea of making the spark slightly bigger and stronger. But in your video, the spark seems to be too big and not in a consistent shape anymore (not a straight down spark) but instead arcs all over. The reason for my concern is that I have heard some friends who used MSD and has problem with holes in their piston. The reason being that the spark is too big and it does not just occur between the spark plug clearance. But it actually travels out of the gap and strike the piston. In other words, the piston acts as the ground electrode.

Just curious, any of such cases you heard with this product? Any warranty that it is safe by the shop? If it is safe, I would really love to have this in my car.
I having this in my car, but I worry about the hole in the piston, I heard from my friend fair lady have hole in the piston using MSD too, I using the rm450 that one, weeks later when installing exhaust and open pod in speedwork, they said they will doing dyno on all my part. I can post the dyno to here and see whenever this things works or not.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I having this in my car, but I worry about the hole in the piston, I heard from my friend fair lady have hole in the piston using MSD too, I using the rm450 that one, weeks later when installing exhaust and open pod in speedwork, they said they will doing dyno on all my part. I can post the dyno to here and see whenever this things works or not.
I was told that for small engines should use only the cheaper smaller one.

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
I was told that for small engines should use only the cheaper smaller one.
There is no way that the sparks can cause pits or surface holes in the piston. The pits or commonly called holes are due to an over-lean air fuel ratio which raises the combustion temperature and causes pinging or knocking. The over-lean air fuel mixture is responsible for the holes, not the MSD or other spark ignition devices.

I am sure you are all familiar with turbo engines and why these turbo charged engines must run high octane or RON97 or higher petrol. The higher the turbo boost is set so must the higher RON petrol be used.

I am using the Super in my Kancil 660M and am enjoying the faster acceleration compared to when I was using the Normal version.

Cheers.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Pity the seller didn't seem very enthusiastic with me testing the product. I kept having to followup with him so I didn't bother to followup.

So there goes the test for now.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Pity the seller didn't seem very enthusiastic with me testing the product. I kept having to followup with him so I didn't bother to followup.

Same seller as the one cvkit bought from? Damn! cant test :banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
DOn't know if it's the same seller or not. Wasn't Peterlm for sure since the guys name was William. LOL
If not wrong the seller is name William the one that came to Vr2 house to install :hmmmm:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

That's a real shame. This is one big disadvantage of Fire Storm. The manufacturer and details are unknown. Maybe we should dismantle one and duplicate it and sell at a much more cheaper price. :biggrin:

Or just share to all ZTH members to duplicate it themselves.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
That's a real shame. This is one big disadvantage of Fire Storm. The manufacturer and details are unknown. Maybe we should dismantle one and duplicate it and sell at a much more cheaper price. :biggrin:

Or just share to all ZTH members to duplicate it themselves.
If i would to cut it open, I want to know how it actually works rather than duplicate it. Want to find out that the thing REALLY does not increase current that can actually fry our coils. Sometimes, things just use the same principles (i.e increase current) but claim that they have some special technology to do it.

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
Good idea. Any guinea pigs want to sacrifice theirs? Better make it the Super model since it gives more power than the Normal model. Hahaha.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm chasing some info, and am hoping someone on here can help. Does anyone know who makes these over fenders? I don't think they're custom as this is not the only car I've seen these on. Any google searches I do come up with nothing.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience