Review: Firestorm Ignition Coil Booster

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Dear seller,

Please hand a pair to Izso for testing. He has been a reknown tester/mythbuster and DIYer in the forum. If your product is really good and can be verified by Izso, I belive that will build the brand image and generate a lot of confidence amongst forumers.

I do not doubt on the performance of this thing. For me, the prime concern about these ignition enhancers is "how long does the ignition coil lasts".

Thanks.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
An installation in Izso's car would be some-what permanent, as it is unlike the usual plug and play installation. I doubt there are active seller in ZTH apart from peterlm. Hope that maybe he can provide a unit for testing..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I have my OEM spark plug cable at home that I'm willing to chop up. Not my best icables though, those are expensive and my current favorite.

:biggrin:

Speaking of testing, I'm gonna post up my vsafe fuel additive findings. Comes with dyno! Most expensive test of my life. RON97 included into the test too. 2 fillings sommore.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
An installation in Izso's car would be some-what permanent, as it is unlike the usual plug and play installation. I doubt there are active seller in ZTH apart from peterlm. Hope that maybe he can provide a unit for testing..
That is even better, right? Monopoly business in ZTH. If confident with the set performance, a good report will be very helpful for him....:driver:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
That is even better, right? Monopoly business in ZTH. If confident with the set performance, a good report will be very helpful for him....:driver:
The problem is the company name of this product is still unknown. I guess this really give a big disadvantage on customers' trust. Although this products and the sellers have been around for quite some time, it still lack of black and white.

Anybody here has been using this product for years? Any problem encountered so far?

yc87

Jan 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
mhmm. dyno proven on Inspira 1.8M
just curious, this is on WOT right?
any ideas about half throttle, closed loop?

but anyway if my noob understanding of WOT dyno charts are right, if the powerband changes like that, it probably means the air fuel ratio or the ignition timing has changed..
just my guess... [ super big spark takes longer time to generate thus the timing is retarded -or- the spark is super duper big that it burns so fast that the timing is advanced ]
thus kinda curious how most cars ecu will handle this over time

i.e. afraid it may work magnificently well for a short period of time till the ecu relearns and advances / retards certain parameters thus negating any gains

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ho ho ho... A Firestorm seller has offered to loan/give me a test unit for review. Gonna meet him next week to discuss.

:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is good news haha..well so far I have not seen any solid and valid condemnation to this product thus I, too gave it a try. Lets see what's the outcome will be.
Yup, awaiting ZTH contributor assessment.....:driver::driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It's going to be a long test ok. I will need to test :

1. What it does to my current electronics. Last time I tested a product that increased spark energy it fried two of my coils.

2. Test fuel consumption. Will have to be over minimally 3 tanks. Right now I'm using the Vsafe additive which does wonders for my FC. So will have to see how it goes.

3. Dyno test to see how much power increase if any (or torque increase).

4. Try on different cars that have a different infrastructure. I won't be trying on a carbie though. Will be seeing how it affects the different cars.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, we will wait. Anyway, it has to be a longer test period to get the results right, and in case your hero corrects itself later on....heh! heh!

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
l had it installed in my Saga Blm 2008 last year.
in city drive, this Firestorm does perform. car is more lively n engine noise is lowered.
but in higher speed during highway, the car seems like being shunt n lost of power.
in conclusion, it is good for car with low rpm or drive <120km/h.
tried on my nazaria, no feel.
We have a few customers who complained of this same issue. In the end, the owner of the car removed his Voltage Stabilizer and the higher end flat response was further improved.

The reason for this is because the FireStorm works on resonance and frequency increase but the Voltage Stabilizer also works on clamping the frequency. Hence the higher RPM range will contribute higher frequency resonance which would be clamped by the Voltage Stabilizer causing the feeling that the engine is being shunt or held back.

For those who have experienced the alternator whining sound from their car audio system will note that the high pitched whine will get higher as they rev the engine harder. This proves that the higher the rev so is the higher frequency whine.

Cheers.

PS. RON95 petrol increased by 20sen per litre so now every driver will pay an extra RM4-RM13 more per full tank. Any original un-aided engine will still run in the same manner and the cost of petrol will increase for the car owner. The FireStorm will help you save a little over the long term but it will definitely give you a better driving experience.