Review: Firestorm Ignition Coil Booster

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Lol..... Sad to say bro, the Hot Inazma does nothing.... I have the Type MR installed. Bought it to try for fun. But nothing at all. Waste of money.

Now, my only hope is that it extends battery life.
Ya, I just want it to regulate the voltage smoothly.

Are you kidding? Those vs are over priced and are just glorified vs. even if they work how do you justify the cost of one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Ya, is not cheap. Just hope to get one that does it job, ONly know brands like VS, Hot Inazma and Qmax which Leona Chin is using in her car.

These VS do not work. I am the inazma MR connected to my batt right now. Does nothing. Its just snake oil stuff. Luckily I bought it 2nd hand. Cost me around RM400.
Then what about Qmax, some can cost up to RM1K and claim by many it does improve performance and so. What's your opinion on this? I'm not sure but my mech told me after installed he felt the difference. Is either u choose to have more torque or more top speed. Choose either one.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Top speed is dictated by your gear ratios. Theres nothing you can do about that.

And i have a test vs that i wanna try on someone elses car. Come come

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Nice, a date will be great, won't fry my car right? :rofl: Just kidding :biggrin:

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Like Izso said top speed is dictated by final driver ratio the important key is how fast your car takes to get to that speed. That is the point...faham SF?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Like Izso said top speed is dictated by final driver ratio the important key is how fast your car takes to get to that speed. That is the point...faham SF?
Oh, my bad, I should have said, either low end power or choose high end power range for the Qmax.

escksu

Known Member

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Ya, I just want it to regulate the voltage smoothly.

Ya, is not cheap. Just hope to get one that does it job, ONly know brands like VS, Hot Inazma and Qmax which Leona Chin is using in her car.

Then what about Qmax, some can cost up to RM1K and claim by many it does improve performance and so. What's your opinion on this? I'm not sure but my mech told me after installed he felt the difference. Is either u choose to have more torque or more top speed. Choose either one.
IMHO, Qmax is not worth the money regardless of what it does. I have never tried Qmax before but the instant you said it cost RM1K, I would say forget it. Its a waste of money.

IF you want power, why don't you go thru proven methods?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
IMHO, Qmax is not worth the money regardless of what it does. I have never tried Qmax before but the instant you said it cost RM1K, I would say forget it. Its a waste of money.

IF you want power, why don't you go thru proven methods?
Rm1k+ can already get a decent piggy back which can remap to get real power improvement and maybe even better FC at the same time too.

escksu

Known Member

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Rm1k+ can already get a decent piggy back which can remap to get real power improvement and maybe even better FC at the same time too.
Agreed. Tuning will get you better FC and more power than any VS or whatever booster stuff out there. Its proven and it works.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Stock tuning would usually gives the best FC. Tuning can increase power for sure, but with FC at cost most of the case.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Stock tuning would usually gives the best FC. Tuning can increase power for sure, but with FC at cost most of the case.
Oh hell no. Stock tuning is designed to run a little richer than normal to keep the engine from blowing up cuz of too lean. Stock is usually the safest tuning - not the best FC

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Oh hell no. Stock tuning is designed to run a little richer than normal to keep the engine from blowing up cuz of too lean. Stock is usually the safest tuning - not the best FC
Yeap, stock tuning most of the time is set with some safety margin in mind to accommodate the most driving environment with the most variety of driving habit, not necessarily the best in terms of power & FC. For example, Toyota Mark X actually will make slightly more power when tuned to a bit leaner mixture, hence at the same time also giving better FC (that is if you drive it the same way and not get carried away with the additional power though).

k0pi

Known Member

k0pi

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Kota Bharu
I've tried QMax before on the note I thought my car's FC is bad... RM300-ish last year to my potato 92p. Drove from KB to JB to Sing to JB to KB, before QMax, my SAFC2 shows my electrical system voltage is 14.2V, and my car FC is 14km/L... after QMax... more than 2000km traveled, nothing change. Seriously, not even the torq has some noticeable feel of 'powah!' to my butt.

On day 11th after installing Q-Max... went to the retailer where I bought it, returned it and exchanged (+ RM topup) for EBC brakepads...

I just improved my FC to almost 16km/l after swapping my open pod K&N + alloy air ram to the stock airbox + rubber ram (which also made my engine works at noticeable... cooler temp).

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I guess is more of an aftermarket gimmick after all, they can openly claim on their box, improve FC, Improve Torque, Improve HP.
ON second thought, I agree that Piggyback ecu is better since the price is RM1K+ as well.

Just get a normal VS that is good enough to stabilize the voltage (That's the purpose of VS anyway).

k0pi

Known Member

k0pi

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Kota Bharu
anyone can claim anything about their product here because there is a big black hole of subjectiveness for a product to work.
some of these add-on products may work as claimed with bone-stock, factory tuned cars, but useless with cars that has been modded.

But one thing about QMax I can respect - their full refund policy if the user of their product is not satisfied, and finds out after adding 'the thing' on, it doesn't work. This is a challenge that every add-on product manufacturer should adapt.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
anyone can claim anything about their product here because there is a big black hole of subjectiveness for a product to work.
some of these add-on products may work as claimed with bone-stock, factory tuned cars, but useless with cars that has been modded.

But one thing about QMax I can respect - their full refund policy if the user of their product is not satisfied, and finds out after adding 'the thing' on, it doesn't work. This is a challenge that every add-on product manufacturer should adapt.
Agree on this! That's makes it more convincing and buyer will feel secure to try it out.

k0pi

Known Member

k0pi

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Kota Bharu
that's why I agree to buy & try the thing in the first place, because I am not the sort of dude who are optimistic about these sort 'add-on' products unless there is a win-win situation sort of guarantee... especially in this since last decade... too many-many-many fake auto-stuff in the market. Think how 'stressed' we, the autopart consumers are, nowadays to find something that is safe to use for our car.... I know I'm stressed when walking into some 'performance parts' shop... hold a part and spent 30mins trying to find facts to convince myself... that would be worth my money, and won't toast my car. I've been through that dreadful moment with fake parts (after successfully tricking myself, IT'S OKAY TO USE!)... but no more man... tow trucks ain't cheap these days.

I even ban myself from visiting shops too eager selling fake parts. Stopping at those sort of shops just waste of time... I'd rather stop at the spa for some tomyam...

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Hi guys, i'm not promoting this product or what but i've stumbled upon this so called properly done sheet on facebook by on of it's seller.

*For some reasons i've deleted the sellers contact,address and company name in order not to get deleted as advertising this item.

I've tried this product in my car with the seller sitting beside me.. result of before and after is = 0. I do not feel anything different..I've tried very hard to "butt dyno" a few rounds with him, but i ain't convinced.. so he was convinced that it doesn't give anything different to my car. But he change to saying it should save fuel for my car.. which i tell him it's ok, i give it a miss as the price is too expensive for me..

Later on, he went dyno using his car with this product to show the before and after results posted on facebook..
If i remember clearly, the HP indeed increased by 1.2hp and the torque i can't remember... After since, he stop pushing this product aggressively already.. :rolleyes:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Qmax products are very highly priced. They return policy can be a gimmick too. I have friends in other industries having these return policy. To them the percentage of return is very very small. Some are not bothered to do the claim, so it is beneficial to the company selling them....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Low boost turbo increase fuel efficiency and more power too.
Low boost also still higher fuel feed over standard mah!....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thanks ls2turbo. Your post confirmed my suspicions on the functionality of the firestorm. Im quite confident the device will have no effect on my wira. I am already using a plug cable that jacks up the spark power like how fs does.

But i still wanna test it cvkit. When free to meetup

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks ls2turbo. Your post confirmed my suspicions on the functionality of the firestorm. Im quite confident the device will have no effect on my wira. I am already using a plug cable that jacks up the spark power like how fs does.

If his does not fit, try mine.....:driver:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Qmax products are very highly priced. They return policy can be a gimmick too. I have friends in other industries having these return policy. To them the percentage of return is very very small. Some are not bothered to do the claim, so it is beneficial to the company selling them....:smokin:

Low boost also still higher fuel feed over standard mah!....:driver:

No lor, but u get power to fuel ratio, i think low boost better.

If his does not fit, try mine.....:driver:
Swinger club ah.

yewly1990

Known Member

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
You are wrong bro.

We are not and cannot stop anyone from cutting open the FireStorm. You are most welcomed to do it if you can find a donor willing to sacrifice the money they paid for it.

I already advised you guys to cut the Super model as it gives faster acceleration power compared to the Normal model. You can all then make a copy of the Super FireStorm yourself.

If I or the inventor are worried then we would surely discourage you from doing so. Not many in ZTH have bought the FireStorm and have not experienced what it can do but there are a lot of speculations. This is almost the same scenario as in the Chinese Cari Forum where a bunch of idiots there just made a huge hullabaloo over the FireStorm and claimed they uncovered what was inside the unit but they actually could not share the photo of what was inside when other members asked for the photos.

My customers in Lowyat have posted their testimonials of the positive effects of the FireStorm in their engine and that itself is worth much much more than what I could do or say by myself.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Would you be willing to make a bet that the FireStorm is just another ignition stabilizer utilizing capacitors to boost its voltage?

I'm game if you are. Name your price bro.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Smart, but not totally.

Would you put a wager on it that it utilizes capacitors to boost its voltage, current or frequency? This wager is open to anyone in ZTH. Hehe.

Cheers mate.
I not sure about other, me as my self I buy from chinese cari, I brought a super for my Almera, after 2 week test I had found that, I got extra few 20~50km even though there was traffic jams, about the Torque increase, I got no idea, But will be going to do dyno test after my exhaust and open pod from speedwork, I will proceed for a dyno test.
My self I put quite some trust into this product.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I not sure about other, me as my self I buy from chinese cari, I brought a super for my Almera, after 2 week test I had found that, I got extra few 20~50km even though there was traffic jams, about the Torque increase, I got no idea, But will be going to do dyno test after my exhaust and open pod from speedwork, I will proceed for a dyno test.
My self I put quite some trust into this product.
You should dyno before and after, if not you don't know what is working and what is not?:driver:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004

Yes bro Izso, i guess for those relatively stock car.. i can say you should have some good results feedback.. if for those like mine which already have a few other gadgets, i think the result aren't significant already.. So does is bang for a buck? You need to judge yourself.. some say it's fuel saving, some say it creates extra torque/hp.. If you think the result is worth that money spent, by all means get it.. but to me i'm not.. well that's me.. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Well... i just don't understand it.. haha.. :confused::rofl:
If Vr2turbo's galant cant feel much, then what's more is lambo? :confused: Don't understand as well.
RM300 to a lambo owner, I guess is like RM0.30sens I guess :dontknow:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If Vr2turbo's galant cant feel much, then what's more is lambo? :confused: Don't understand as well.
I think more like 3 cents.....:rofl:
Even add 10bhp he would feel the difference......hahahahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Your signature photo, stupidcar will like :rofl:
Moshie brother races in his Persona leh....:driver:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Well my car also don't feel much different.. the lambo maybe just helping fren to promote this product? As you said what's RM300 to him? He put 2pcs some more.. :rolleyes:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Ya surely is not a stock one to go against a S15.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Interesting. There's a comment about plugs dying faster than their change interval.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm using iridium...just pluck one out to inspect last month. So far so good...Will keep an eye on that
I'm using the high capacity discharge cables so plus this FS I might fry my precious iridium. When you free to meetup. I might have some time Sat

peterlm

Known Member

peterlm

Known Member
Nov 3, 2011
Penang
Well look what i've stumbled upon again...

Ignition coil booster mod! - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

One Lamborghini LP 560 actually installed it!? :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

Kwai-los are more cerewet and would not so easily trust any Asian made devices that are so cheaply packed but if they say its good then it should be as they have better integrity. They would not snake around so much to get recognition or talk c*ck as much as in other forums.

I didn't want to post this Benzworld forum as most guys wouldn't believe those Kwai-los anyway. We have secured their trust in this product and that is why more and more of them are getting the FireStorm.

If a product is good or bad then then those who are intrigued or interested in it will soon know of it

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

I'm using the high capacity discharge cables so plus this FS I might fry my precious iridium. When you free to meetup. I might have some time Sat
Plugs short out due to incomplete burning and due to loose piston rings that allow engine oil to burn in the cylinder causing a coating of semi-conductive oil to short out the plugs.

Worn out plug electrodes are due to lean burning engine.

You guys should already know this.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Your signature photo, stupidcar will like :rofl:
Moshie sold his Persona dy. :( He Autobox somemore haha. His AW signature better lor, smoking.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
In that case use normal plugs to test.....hahahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Moshie sold his Persona dy. :( He Autobox somemore haha. His AW signature better lor, smoking.
Wah! you also know, cannot bluff you...ha! ha! Building and setting up his Satria....:driver:

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Interesting. There's a comment about plugs dying faster than their change interval.
yes this cause shorten the life of a plug, a friend of mine had some thing like this but well built and it cost alot too in average his plug shelf life is 10k mileage.

escksu

Known Member

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
yes this cause shorten the life of a plug, a friend of mine had some thing like this but well built and it cost alot too in average his plug shelf life is 10k mileage.
Yes, definitely. More powerful spark will cause higher wear on the electrode.

Thats why its much better to tune proper a/f and ignition timing. Advancing ignition give you same effect w/o any issues.

Just check out on how a more powerful spark can improve the flame spreading in combustion. Pulstar is one of them that claim their plugs allow fuel to burn faster and hence more power.

This is the same as igniting the mixture earlier.